Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    WTF...Murray told be they were a legit biz expense.
    Murray...he's such a mensch.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    It's even more amazing that Pats fan trolls are hopping into the debate. Anything for the sake of trolling, I guess... but IMO only an imbecile fan from an opposing team would venture in to the discussion.
    Your missing he point. As a fan of the NFL you should hate PSLs. They are creating a league where winning football games is no longer a concern to owners. It cheapens the whole experience for us all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Your missing he point. . It cheapens the whole experience for us all.
    Still talking about your whores?

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    The Jets will re-sell defaulted seats at the current PSL prices. The only defaulted PSL seats I could see them go after are the higher club seats since those seats less demand.
    Each and every day I lean closer to testing this theory out in a few months.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Still talking about your whores?
    Murray says to call them contract employees.

Jets Insider VIP
    Murray says to call them contract employees.
    I agree....

Their location, their tools, their own hours.

Make sure you send them a 1099

JetsInsider.com Legend
    So....you will b able to sell you PSL in year 29 for a profit?
    Doubtful.

The half-life of the stadium is when its value will be highest. In 13 years I'll be 62 years old and perhaps I won't want to attend live games anymore. With 15 years left in the PSL's and only 16,000 of them out there + inflation I'd expect to get 2x what I paid for them.

And if I make it to Year 30, still attending games at age 77, well I'd have had so much fun with my children and grandchildren attending hundreds of games that the $13 per game vig would be more than worth it.

Again, I appreciate your concern about how I spend my fun money, but you don't need to worry about me. Stop drinking beer on weekends. Over 30 years that's going to cost you $31,200 which is twice what my PSL's cost me. I'm worried about you. All that money, gone. Not to mention your liver.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    in all those cases the buyer actually receives something for their money.

In your case, you paid for the stadium, then paid to sit it in!

I'm surprised they don't ask you to sweep up the spilled popcorn.
    What do I care?

My tickets cost me $125 face value. If the Jets had bundled the PSL's in there, never even offered them, just called them "season tickets" like the old days in Giants Stadium, I'd have happily paid $138 per ticket.

A PSL is just a price increase. Just a way to raise revenue in Year 1 instead of waiting 30 years to get it all. And, in case you didn't know, PSL's are here to stay. They are the owners gift to their successors. Be it family members or those who ultimately buy the franchise, every 30 years a new stadium, every 30 years a new PSL windfall for the next successor to the owner.

Most owners take control when they're 50. Most owners step aside when they're 80. Most fans get season tickets when they're 35. Most fans are ready to watch on a couch when they're 65. Very convenient, that 30 year PSL and stadium shelf-life. It's almost like some really smart owners planned the whole thing out. Ya think?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Why are you being such a douche. He is clearly pleased with his choice.
    Oh, he's trying to save me from myself. Hallelujah, praise the Lord!

I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't chew gum. I don't play Lotto. I don't buy newspapers. I don't have a dog.

Right there I've got enough money to buy a whole section of PSL seats, yet I only bought 4. I'm so thrify.

SAR I

Your missing he point. As a fan of the NFL you should hate PSLs. They are creating a league where winning football games is no longer a concern to owners. It cheapens the whole experience for us all.
    that is delusional.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

Lower Level Sideline

1 - 2

Aisle

All

$15,000

stuff like this scares me. Section 142 row 30 on aisle by section 140 where PSLs are 20K each. At top of dead end aisle, perfect seats, elevation, 35 yard line etc.

These were like primo PSLs in first go around at orginally 15K each, then reduced to 10K each and now on seasonticketrights in secondary for 7.5k each.

Amazing. I would have bought these at 10K each in a second in the first reduction.

Plus at this price a few weeks and guy goes best offer. Crazy.
    It's not nice to think about, but let's face it- some people bite off more than they can chew. Some people lose their jobs. Some people get a terrible illness. Some people get relocated. Some people die.

The fact that you can find a dozen people down on their luck who have to dump their season tickets rather than face the April invoice and who are willing to lose their shirts in the process isn't something to be afraid of. It's merely part of life.

You don't see the cars being repo'd, you don't see the houses going to auction, you don't see the marriages going down the tubes, you don't see the suicides. But the PSL's, ah, there are websites that document those, sites in which fans can buy and sell as they please.

There is no epidemic of PSL's being dumped; what's going on is called "life".

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'm glad he's happy, he should be, he paid a lot of money. (Although me thinks he doth protest too much) but to say that PSLs are anything but a giant azz-rapping in deceitful. And if he cares about winning you don't want them for your team. With 30 years of guaranteed sell-outs and NFL profit sharing it now makes sense to be a low to mid-tier team. (Think Panthers) No reason to risk spending more without guaranteed ROI. The seats are paid for and the TV money is all set. So they have some losing seasons....that just hat and shirt money. Chump change. Bring in someone like Tebow to sell those to the rubes.
    $16,000 is not a lot of money to someone who attends life NFL games that are available for free on TV. It's always been a rich-man's situation.

I say this often and people take it the wrong way: The AVERAGE season ticket holder with 4 seats in any NFL stadium in America is spending $60,000 just for gameday tickets every decade. Add in parking, food, gas, tolls, and the other usuals and you're looking at $75,000 per decade for the AVERAGE family of 4 to attend NFL games.

So in the context of that, spending another $16,000 for 30 years of a PSL is indeed chump-change. 30 Years of NFL games is $225,000, 30 Years of PSL's is $16,000.

What on earth are you arguing about? You want to condemn the practice of having season tickets, go right ahead. You want to slam those who do that and then set up elaborate tailgates, please feel free. But PSL's are a pimple on the ass of the expense that's incurred by the AVERAGE NFL season ticket holder. PSL's are a small price increase that's paid in advance. It's fun-money for the wealthy. Shut up already.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Ding ding ding. The Psl allowed us in the lower bowl - Period. I don't expect to profit from selling my Psl or make a huge profit. In return for a small price increase, I get to go to games for years to come.

Next year will be bad from a winning perspective, but we should have lots of early games (which I like). Win or lose, I'll be there cheering or booing.

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I have never used illegal drugs. Golf and football are my vices.
    Touchdown.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    although the psl allowed some a way to get better seat options it was a major slap in the fact to loyal fans over many years-we had seats in my family since early days at shea-had great seats at the "old stadium" then I was told if you want to keep those seats they will now cost you $700 a ticket and a monster psl fee to go with it as they became coachs club seats
    Jets fans had the greatest free ride in NY sports history and the party is now over. Don't ask me to feel bad for you because you never felt bad for me. My dad didn't get $4 Jets season tickets in Shea Stadium so I never had the chance to get a good view at Giants Stadium 20 years later when I really wanted them.

And everyone knows that thousands of "fans" with great LL views between the 20's would sell 5 games a year at 2x face value so that they could attend the other 5 games a year completely for free, no charge, gratis.

Instead of crying about how Woody Johnson screwed you out of the next 30 years in great seats, how about you thank Leon Hess and fans like me who enabled you to profit in great seats for the last 30 years? Would be nice.

No one cried for us back then, so no one cries for you now.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You are the scum bags SAR refers to. He is so happy this happened to you.
    I'm not happy, but it's the circle of life.

He had 30 years in seats he didn't have to pay for, I'm getting 30 years in seats I'm going to have to pay for. He still got the better end of the deal.

No one cried for the fans he blocked for 30 years, no one cries for him because it's someone else's turn now. Being born shouldn't give you the right to great Jets tickets. Shea Dad's lucky sperm shouldn't have been able to block me from getting my chance. Party's over.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The average family of 4 will spend $225,000 attending live NFL games in a 30 year period.

The average family of 4 will spend $16,000 on PSL's in a 30 year period.

You are barking up the wrong tree. Condemn the practice of season tickets, maybe you have a point. We all stop attending live NFL games, we can save the world, put all that money towards something decent. PSL's are a pimple on the ass of the money that's spent on games.

And since you're being so cavalier about how I spend my money, let's see how cavalier you are about how you spend yours. You smoke? Drink? Have a dog? Buy newspapers? Play the lottery? Chew gum? Get coffee each morning? Tell us what you're giving up. Show us how you can save $44 a month, how that's going to save the world. Go for it.

Or, shut up. Probably easier for you.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Pretty funny really to see two putrid chowd trolls now here to present their usual crap on a stadium thread and tell us how their beloved Krafty built Sucksboro Stadium with no PSLs...that saint like generous old fella

So.lets compare.

Sucksboro

No PSLs
    Higher UD
    Actual seats---an improvement over the cold steel benches Kraft forced his fans to sit on for decades
    A shopping mall
    No escalators
    Highest average gameday ticket prices in NFL
    Highest average parking prices in most cases to park in rat infested mud filled garbage dumps
    Tailgating in scenes that look like the Hoovervilles of the 30s
    A one lane in and out road normally requiring more than two hours to get to and from the garbage dump parking from any real road
    All this achieved by extorting the Governors of two states and raising the taxes of every Ma$$hole citizen

Metlife

PSLs
    A high UD without PSLs not as high as Sucksboro
    Escalators
    Great views from the LL and Mezz level
    Reasonably priced parking on paved surfaces with rat free tailgating
    Relatively easy ingress and egress on real roads
    No additional burden on all NJ taxpayers

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    although the psl allowed some a way to get better seat options it was a major slap in the fact to loyal fans over many years-we had seats in my family since early days at shea-had great seats at the "old stadium" then I was told if you want to keep those seats they will now cost you $700 a ticket and a monster psl fee to go with it as they became coachs club seats
    so where are you seats now?

The way the Jets and Giants sold PSL seats and assigned a fixed price to seats ment on day one there were winners and losers.

Lets take Lower Level Touchdown Club as an example on visitors side.

Any seat top to bottom on the aisle by LGL or the first few rows where you can enter from the lower level are great seats considering the low 6k price.

The way the corner curves the higher rows towards LLEZ you cant even enter your seats from the ground level. You have to take an escalator up then take a staircase down and then you are completely behind the endzone. Yet the same PSL of 6k.

Poor seat selection, impulse buys, buying what you like instead of considering what if I have to sell PSL one day is most likely 80% of why your seats are worth so little in secondary.

I almost bought seats in LL TC I got offered row 19 and row 3 on the aisle by LGL. Both not bad seats for 6k. But I passed as I wanted to be a bit more towards 50.

But really who bought those seats in LLTC on aisle by LLEZ corners for 6k? You are pretty close to 2.5k PSLs and seats across aisle in LLEZ corners have a cheaper ticket prices.

Jets told me any given section since they did static pricing per section. For example 142 where all PSLs are 10K to arrive at a standard 10K price it works out 1/3 of PSL seats are underpriced, 1/3 of seats fairly priced and 1/3 of seat are overpriced. Which is how in section 142 row one seat one on aisle by the 25 yard line is same price as row 34 seat 33 by LGL.

So folks like SAR and me who picked in the best 1/3 of section should be happy. In sars case he picked in the best 16 of seats in whole Mezz A sections. In secondary it is all dynamic pricing. So so seats are sold based on being cheapest prices. Really good seats are sold on their rarity.

Folks were over anxious to buy a PSL and accepted poor seats.

So bottom line Jets tanked, PSLs tanked due to team performance and now we have more sellers than buyers of psls. However, in times of weakness only best seats hold up. My seats I could sell very quickly for more than I paid. I too lost money. But I lost unrealized gains. That hurts less than losing principal or being underwater on PSL financing.
    Last edited by Alkrotraz; 12-28-2012 at 08:42 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Doubtful.

The half-life of the stadium is when its value will be highest. In 13 years I'll be 62 years old and perhaps I won't want to attend live games anymore. With 15 years left in the PSL's and only 16,000 of them out there + inflation I'd expect to get 2x what I paid for them.

And if I make it to Year 30, still attending games at age 77, well I'd have had so much fun with my children and grandchildren attending hundreds of games that the $13 per game vig would be more than worth it.

Again, I appreciate your concern about how I spend my fun money, but you don't need to worry about me. Stop drinking beer on weekends. Over 30 years that's going to cost you $31,200 which is twice what my PSL's co🔍st me. I'm worried about you. All that money, gone. Not to mention your liver.

SAR I
    I don't drink.

Again, Scott as I've said over and over, you should spend yor money on things you love, no argument from me on that. You work hard for it and deserve to reap the rewards.