Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here we go again with an ignorant poster assuming he knows what motivates me.

I post my feelings on Mark Sanchez because that's honestly what my point of is. I'm being honest about my season-ticket intentions in a down-year because those are my honest feelings on the subject.

If you don't like what I post, stop reading it. Stop responding to it. You wish you could.

SAR I
    Same Annoying Rhetoric

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    It`s not the cost that hurts, it`s the embaressing way this org. has been run lately .the only reason for going to the game on Sunday is every JET FAN who owns a Sanchez JERSEY should throw them on the field as soon as they kick off on Sun. UPPER LEVEL, MIDDLE LEVEL & LOWER LEVEL all at once that would be a site worth seeing!
    Exactly. If the team is putting forth great effort and is putting an entertaining product on the field that my family will enjoy on a nice sunny Sunday we will be there with bells on.

But if it's the same old tired crap, the same Rex Ryan nonsense, blowing up a team that was close to the Super Bowl, it's not fun for anybody. And even though I have the money, writing a check for $5000 to the Jets in April to see a team that probably will be 5-11 is not something fun to do either.

I'm in this for 30 years. I will attend 4 games in bad seasons and 8 games in good seasons. I'm not selling all the seats at the same time, so if the Jets turn out to be very good and playing with a big effort I can always change my mind and go to those elite games. Until then, the idea is to make double my money on games like Pittsburgh, New England, and New Orleans and use that to offset my expenses on the other contests.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    for the big games, some folks who go dont realize how much you can get early in season before team falls apart. SAR realizes the jets are like crack cocaine, the user always says this is the last time and they always come back for more.

The 49ers game I went to. I sat in coaches club as I won a silent charity auction for the seats.

I sold my LGL seats to that game for 359 each. almost a 3x markup. You can cover all of preseason by just donating them to charity taking a tax write off and then selling one big game, leaving you seven games to go to at face.

Bottom line preseason forces you to sell one or two of biggest games to cover or take a big loss. You can still go to game.

Bigger trouble with Jets is UD, not PSL.

When $50 seats came out I called up in first few minutes and bought a pair on the aisle one seat over from higher priced seats, specifically section 343 seats one and two right next to 342. I figured I would sit there once in awhile as I know people in section 339. Or sell one or two big games and still go. Anyhow, I ended up sitting in my lower seats for a few games and then could not make last few games. Guess what I almost broke even on the $50 dollar seats when I dumped them for sale on stub hub. So the absolute best seats in the $50 section, the seat closest to 50 yard line and an aisle to boot cant sell a breakeven, who the heck is renewing then. The $75 seats in UD were even a big bomb as well as the $95 and the $105 seats close to the $75 seats. In UD only good $105 seats and $125 seats are worth keeping. The cheap seats are cheap for a reason you cant see game. Section 343 seats in 20-26 row at $50 are overpriced next to UD prime on the 50 first few rows at $125. For only $75 bucks more you get to see the game!!!! What a deal.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    That's wonderful, but it doesn't answer the question.

Given the production the field, with the team out of the playoffs, who in their right mind would even pay face?
    Fans of the opposing teams. Steeler fans, Patriots fans, Dolphins fans, Saints fans.

These people are traveling hundreds of miles, taking flights, getting hotel rooms. The last thing they want to do is compromise and take crappy seats just to save a couple bucks.

I've had first row mezzanine seats stretching back to the 2001 season. In those 13 years, I've got burned and had to eat tickets to games against the likes of Buffalo, Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville. But anytime an elite team shows up, I'm always making money. I find that in the new stadium and with access to Stubhub that my first row corner seats do very well. I got 2x value on the 49ers game and listed them 5 days in advance. If I listed them 3 months in advance I could have gotten 3x.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Fans of the opposing teams. Steeler fans, Patriots fans, Dolphins fans, Saints fans.

These people are traveling hundreds of miles, taking flights, getting hotel rooms. The last thing they want to do is compromise and take crappy seats just to save a couple bucks.

I've had first row mezzanine seats stretching back to the 2001 season. In those 13 years, I've got burned and had to eat tickets to games against the likes of Buffalo, Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville. But anytime an elite team shows up, I'm always making money. I find that in the new stadium and with access to Stubhub that my first row corner seats do very well. I got 2x value on the 49ers game and listed them 5 days in advance. If I listed them 3 months in advance I could have gotten 3x.

SAR I
    I never sell my seats to opposing fans & the guy i spit my 4 seasont tickets with , the deal is if he`s not going to a game he has to sell his tickets back to me at face first ,it`s almost never that a opping fan sits in my seats most places i`ll take my chances to get lower level seats on the road on game day weekend TENN. was $30 for LL endzone seats mon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    You still haven't answered what the point is of having tickets if you're going to sell the games against top teams?
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 12-20-2012 at 09:34 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    That's wonderful, but it doesn't answer the question.

Given the production the field, with the team out of the playoffs, who in their right mind would even pay face?
    I got $10 below face for my Arizona and San Diego tickets when I sold them after the thanksgiving debacle. I was shocked. Thought I'd get less than 50 cents on the dollar.

Now if you consider Pittsburgh... their fan base travels and will spend nearly anything on seats in opposing stadiums. Even when the Jets suck next season, a Steelers home game will sell for way over face. There aren't too many visiting teams that will occur for. Off the top of my head, I can recall very profitable sales of tickets for about 9-10 opposing teams, even when the Jets suck for: Pittsburgh, Dallas, Miami, New England, Baltimore, San Francisco, Oakland, Philadelphia, Giants and a couple of others.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I never sell my seats to opposing fans & the guy i spit my 4 seasont tickets with , the deal is if he`s not going to a game he has to sell his tickets back to me at face first ,it`s almost never that a opping fan sits in my seats most places i`ll take my chances to get lower level seats on the road on game day weekend TENN. was $30 for LL endzone seats mon.

Jets you want as low as row as possible on Visitors side, but it mezz, LL or UD. That way when Jets are toast you can at least sell to other team.

I would rather sit on Jets side, but too risky. When Jets suck I dont want to go to games so much and only other team is buying tickets. Sold chargers game on Monday of this week for $35 above face. Good luck on Jets side for that game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here we go again with an ignorant poster assuming he knows what motivates me.

I post my feelings on Mark Sanchez because that's honestly what my point of is. I'm being honest about my season-ticket intentions in a down-year because those are my honest feelings on the subject.

If you don't like what I post, stop reading it. Stop responding to it. You wish you could.

SAR I
    You're driving yourself nuts with some of these idiots. Just ignore 'em. Everyone knew that in a year when the Jets suck, ppl would be crying about their PSLs and the bitter former STH's would be chiming in. Par for the course and they did not fail to disappoint. The haters here are so utterly predictable that it's comical.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    29164 2 Coaches Club 114 15 14 - 15 None $5,000

WOW, two coaches club seats on season ticket rights website for $5k

$2,500 each. That is a loss of epic proportions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You're driving yourself nuts with some of these idiots. Just ignore 'em. Everyone knew that in a year when the Jets suck, ppl would be crying about their PSLs and the bitter former STH's would be chiming in. Par for the course and they did not fail to disappoint. The haters here are so utterly predictable that it's comical.
    Same
    Old
    Jets
    Forum

I have no problems in principle with anyone wheeling tickets as one sees fit, but I'd prefer folks sell to other Jets fans 1st
    I have lots of problems with trolly, moronic declarations like "Praise Captain Holmes" and "Others ruined Sanchez, he haz no weapins, he's not to blame"
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 12-20-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    This Sunday will start a very interesting period in Jet history that has not happened before - it will mark the start of the exodus of Jet fans from the new stadium. Tickets will be for sale for dirt cheap on stub hub and there will be thousands of no shows....rebuild is not a tolerated thing by fans in a PSL/coaches club world....

Unless something drastic and unexpected is done, get ready for thousands of fans either dumping or worse - defaulting on their PSL payments. I know for a fact the Jets read this board and specifically these ticket threads. They are scared of what is going to happen this offseason and they should be. The pulse of many fans is to stop paying PSL payments and see what happens. Puts the Jets in a very tough spot of losing $ or suing thousands of their own fans. Jets offices are puffing their chest saying they will sue anyone who defaults on the payments - and legally they are correct - any PSL owner is on the hook for the payments as per the contract - but the PR nightmare/embarassment and time/hassle/expense of collecting through court is going to be awful.

I predict this will be a huge story in the offseason and this fear will be a factor in what Woody does with the current regime/QB. If Woody gets the pulse that the exodus is coming I believe changes will be made. Woody loves his money more than he loves Tanny and Rex.
    I'm curious how you know what the "pulse" of the fans are and how they intend to walk from their PSL commitments? Please tell me, I'm waiting with anticipation... I'm truly intrigued on how you can make that sort of assumption/prediction.
    Down years are part of what PSL owners signed up for...

In all seriousness, i hope people default which will allow me to pick up more tickets closer to my current seats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Selling your tix does not make you a STH, it makes you a ticket broker... why not go watch McElroy play in person, would give an idea about how he plays for the 1,000 posts that will be added to this board starting Sunday around 4PM. looking forward to seeing him and if he has anything... plus last live action in person until the first preseason game...

closing the tailgate season in style and watching a new QB...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abs9940 View Post
    I'm curious how you know what the "pulse" of the fans are and how they intend to walk from their PSL commitments? Please tell me, I'm waiting with anticipation... I'm truly intrigued on how you can make that sort of assumption/prediction.
    Down years are part of what PSL owners signed up for...

In all seriousness, i hope people default which will allow me to pick up more tickets closer to my current seats.
    Same here...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    From an old invoice the last season at Shea with good seats (1983)
    Ticket Price $13/Game (8 Games)
    Season: $104
    Preseason: $11 Optional (1 game)
    $104 for Season Tickets converted to 2012 dollars=$240 for the season or about $30/game

1983 Record 7-9(but I admit the bathrooms are cleaner now)

2025 Value and availability: Who knows

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Frankly, I am surprised at how many people don't really care about the game.

While I would like the Jets to win, I go to the games because I enjoy going to the games. That is why I bought my PSL and why I am happy with the purchase.

When things are bad, I boo the team, Woody, and the Coach.
    When things are good, I celebrate the team and the Coach - but never Woody.

That is what being a season ticket holder is about. You are "all in" for the good and the bad.

Next year, there is a 100% chance that the season ticket prices will NOT go up. Frankly, I suspect that the Jets will do something for STH's who renew early (Free Parking).

Let's see what happens.
    +1
    Well said.. I have a feeling that 95% of PSL's holders feel the same way..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Same
    Old
    Jets
    Forum

I have no problems in principle with anyone wheeling tickets as one sees fit, but I'd prefer folks sell to other Jets fans 1st
    I have lots of problems with trolly, moronic declarations like "Praise Captain Holmes" and "Others ruined Sanchez, he haz no weapins, he's not to blame"
    Stubhub and NFL ticket exchange are now electronic so I have no clue who is buying them.

Also I gave up trying to sell to Jet fans. Last straw was a Jet fan who when he found out I only go to around six games a year said he would buy four games off me every season and wanted four of the middle six games each year at face.

I then said the two pre-season and last two games are near worthless most years so this wont work for me. He said I know why do you think I only want middle six games.

Jet fans want pre-season for free, and discounts on the games like this Sunday and want to pay face for big games.

I have no problem taking friends and family to game with me for free. But why would I want to give them preseason games and end of season games for free then sell them 49ers, Pats, Giants regular season games at face. Plus who scalps to people you know.

Bad enough folks cant comprehend PSL fee and all the effort it took me to get great seats. So much easier to just throw them on-line at a high price and magically money appears in my account. Jet fans are cheap, if I had Giant tickets I would sell to fans. They understand that if tickets with a face of 130 that sell for 300 on stubhub a deal is not paying the 15% fee and getting tickets for $240. Jet fans want them for face, you to deliver them to your house and they might pay you after game if they win and you do their dishes. Selling to Jet fans anything and trying to make a profit is like selling bacon and ham outside a temple on saturday and wondering why you aint making money.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    29164 2 Coaches Club 114 15 14 - 15 None $5,000

WOW, two coaches club seats on season ticket rights website for $5k

$2,500 each. That is a loss of epic proportions.
    i strongly suspect anyone who ponied up the PSL for the Coaches club doesn't really care about the upfront cost. they probably just trying to see if they can recoup some of the cost and if not, they just give the tickets back to the Jets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    we will see Sunday who the real fans are...
    More like the "real suckers".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec999 View Post
    From an old invoice the last season at Shea with good seats (1983)
    Ticket Price $13/Game (8 Games)
    Season: $104
    Preseason: $11 Optional (1 game)
    $104 for Season Tickets converted to 2012 dollars=$240 for the season or about $30/game

1983 Record 7-9(but I admit the bathrooms are cleaner now)

2025 Value and availability: Who knows
    tickets were under-priced and lots of people were selling tickets or owned by brokers. you were part of the lucky crwew that owned seats.

have they over-priced parts of the stadium. sure. and they will fix it. they already have done some of the price changes.