Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The Giants and Jets ownership deserves what they get. They got raped by the unions and couldn't agree on anything which is why we are left with an ugly, overpriced stadium with no roof. MetLife is easily the worst of all the modern stadiums. And the PSLs were overpriced. You have a situation where an inferior product is being sold at a high price. If the product was good and the price was right there would be no PSLs for sale.

Most fans are willing to put up with "lean years" and that shouldn't drastically effect PSL sales or renewals. The whole stadium and PSL thing was botched from the beginning.
    There are so few PSL's for sale it's not even worth discussing.

Giants and Jets ownership got what they deserved alright; their stadiums are 90% to 95% sold out at record high prices to fans who are very happy to finally get a chance to purchase a seat in a good location with a good view after decades of being shoved on waitlists.

I've been to over a dozen other NFL stadiums and MetLife is amongst the very best of them.

In the past three seasons I can think of maybe two occasions where a roof actually would've been nice to have. The other 28 games it would've been a complete waste of money, money that ultimately the fans would've had to pay for. And ironically after years of begging for a home field advantage you would want to throw away the biggest one we have; forcing opposing teams to play outdoors come playoff time.

Nothing was botched. Where are your seats again?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    In these tough economic times, I have one obligation and its sure as hell not to Woody Johnson. I'm obligated to provide for me and my family. All this PSL stuff comes secondary so if Woody wants to take me to court, so be it. Let him tell the press why he's going after fans who unfortunately hit hard times and couldn't make their Jets tickets a priority.
    Problem is new fans, fairweather fans, brokers and people who thought they could sell games to cover their PSL payment each year are suprised it is not working out.

The four seats to right of me are for sale at double face, I offered owner face and he said no. There are seats going for above face and selling above face but all those seats are usually 2.5k-10L lower level seats in the non club sections.

The seats I see that consistently hold up best are LGL visitors side , either a very low row or near the aisle by LSL.

Value wise technically they are sideline seats. Goal line to ten yard line. The ticket price is very low $130. The PSL was the most reasonably priced lower level sideline seats. And finally, on visitors side you are slightly closer to 50 in LGL and you have no steps to deal with you go straight in and the bathroom, concession line is shot.

For someone considering defaulting. Lets say on four 2.5K lousy endzone seats. I would say trade them in on a pair of LGL on the aisle by LSL. Yep an extra 5k out of pocket. But you are then only stuck with two season tickets to pay for and tenth yard seats go for a lot more than lousy LLEZ seats.

the main issue is bad psl seats are tough to sell. Seats like LLEZ corners and LL Touchdown corners with a PSL of 5k and 6k are really endzone seats behind the back of goal line for most part.

Guy I know has seats since Shea and has seen plenty of bad Jets games and said at best I got 5-10 years left in me. He bought four PSLs row two off aisle in LGL by LSL on visitors side. He said. Cheapest Sideline ticket price at $130 and when he cant go visiting team fans will snap up a row two 8 yard seat and at only a $130 face easy easy sell.
    Visiting fans have few options really when you think about it. They dont want to be on Jets side, dont want to be in EZ dont want Mezz or UD. The once every four years their team comes to town they usually bunch in LL TC, LL LGL and LL LSL the seats with a 130-155 face that owners are more than happy to sell between $175 and $375. The club seats owners want like $700 in secondary and visitors dont want Jets side or EZ.

A real Jet fan like guy from Shea knows over 30 years their will be plenty of season where only ticket buyers are opposing fans.

Wink

At Giants Stadium I used to be in 319 with plenty of STH around me. We knew each other by name and hung out in the offseason but with the whole PSL deal a lot of these guys dumped their tickets. I got my new seats in 247A (Mezz Corner, Aisle seats)for $4,000 per PSL and $125 per seat/game. It felt at the time that I was finally being afforded the chance to move up. In these new seats, majority of them remain empty while the fans who do attend are different people, every game. I know I maybe jumped the gun at "upgrading" my seats but, this really isn't what I had planned to sign up for.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    At Giants Stadium I used to be in 319 with plenty of STH around me. We knew each other by name and hung out in the offseason but with the whole PSL deal a lot of these guys dumped their tickets. I got my new seats in 247A (Mezz Corner, Aisle seats)for $4,000 per PSL and $125 per seat/game. It felt at the time that I was finally being afforded the chance to move up. In these new seats, majority of them remain empty while the fans who do attend are different people, every game. I know I maybe jumped the gun at "upgrading" my seats but, this really isn't what I had planned to sign up for.
    It sounds like that's a bit of bad luck. I'm in the Mezz A corner as well and I always sit next to the same exact fans, they've been there for almost every game. My family and I have a great time and made some new friendships there.

Every fan of the Jets is hurting right now, everything is amplified and everyone is very sensitive. This PSL thing is a non-issue but if it makes some people feel better to talk about it it's what it is right now.

SAR I

it would be nice to not have to pay for ****ty preseason games like most others teams

also parking at the stadium sucks-cant imagine what the superbowl will be like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    it would be nice to not have to pay for ****ty preseason games like most others teams

also parking at the stadium sucks-cant imagine what the superbowl will be like
    Every team in the NFL charges for preseason games.

Parking at the stadium is fantastic, I get in/out faster than ever before.

If you can't afford this hobby, find another one.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    And ironically after years of begging for a home field advantage you would want to throw away the biggest one we have; forcing opposing teams to play outdoors come playoff time.I
    LOL.

good one.

Sounds like a great opportunity to buy all those empty seats in 247a at bargain basement prices and fill them with family and friends. Go for it.

Every team in the NFL charges for preseason games.

Parking at the stadium is fantastic, I get in/out faster than ever before.

If you can't afford this hobby, find another one.

SAR I
    who says I cant afford the hobby-I just think it is criminal to make fans pay full price for garbage games-should be noted my family has had tickets since the 60s

I have been to every stadium in the league and the jets parking is the bottom 5 -the design is awful and should have been addressed with the new stadium-I have both parking permits too

who says I cant afford the hobby-I just think it is criminal to make fans pay full price for garbage games-should be noted my family has had tickets since the 60s

I have been to every stadium in the league and the jets parking is the bottom 5 -the design is awful and should have been addressed with the new stadium-I have both parking permits too
    1. The pre-season is an NFL policy, not Jets, and it stinks, agreed.
    2. The parking in the new stadium is tremendous. I sit in 135, can stay till the absolute end of the game, walk 7 minutes to my car by the Timex center, and be on the NJT within 5 minutes....it is WAY better then the old stadium parking.

I have little issue with the parking. 90% of it is the damm traffic and tolls.

Most of parking lot issue is fans throwing balls, cursing, pissing on everything, crapping on the toliet seats in porta potty. If everyone managed to park in one spot it would be fine.

Last game my ten year old daughter had to on a sunny one pm game, see folks peeing inbetween cars etc.

I drove my 5 series to the game that day and on way out I noticed someone peed by my drivers door and hid empties next to it. I am almost happy it was totalled in Sandy as a German Engineered car should never have to suffer the indignity of being splatter with blue collar piss.

JetsInsider.com Legend

All NFL teams make all fans pay for preseason games, unfortunately. The 18 game schedule would be a big win in that regard if it happens.

Are you getting to the stadium 2 hours before kickoff? That's when I get there and have no trouble with finding spots or getting to Green or Yellow lots at that time.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

Most of parking lot issue is fans throwing balls, cursing, pissing on everything, crapping on the toliet seats in porta potty. If everyone managed to park in one spot it would be fine.

Last game my ten year old daughter had to on a sunny one pm game, see folks peeing inbetween cars etc.

I drove my 5 series to the game that day and on way out I noticed someone peed by my drivers door and hid empties next to it. I am almost happy it was totalled in Sandy as a German Engineered car should never have to suffer the indignity of being splatter with blue collar piss.
    Horrible what you've been through. I'm so sorry.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    There are so few PSL's for sale it's not even worth discussing.

Giants and Jets ownership got what they deserved alright; their stadiums are 90% to 95% sold out at record high prices to fans who are very happy to finally get a chance to purchase a seat in a good location with a good view after decades of being shoved on waitlists.

I've been to over a dozen other NFL stadiums and MetLife is amongst the very best of them.

In the past three seasons I can think of maybe two occasions where a roof actually would've been nice to have. The other 28 games it would've been a complete waste of money, money that ultimately the fans would've had to pay for. And ironically after years of begging for a home field advantage you would want to throw away the biggest one we have; forcing opposing teams to play outdoors come playoff time.

Nothing was botched. Where are your seats again?

SAR I
    LGL 109, not as great as it sounds. I am one of the fans that benefited. Without PSLs there was no chance of me ever getting a seat there. Doesn't make it right or good business. The only regret I have is not purchasing on the visitor's side for resell value. But that is only b.c the past two years I have missed a handful of games that I could have made a nice chunk on.

Have you been to the new stadiums? Dallas, Denver, Houston, Seattle, Detroit, Arizona and Indianapolis. I haven't personally experiences a game in any of them but by many accounts, they are all better. I know people that have been to Dallas, Arizona and Indianapolis and they say there is no comparison. IMO the only stadiums built in the last decade that we are better than is Lincoln Financial and Gilette. Both of which I have been to.

As for the home field advantage, I am assuming you are talking about the wind. MetLife isn't as windy as Giants Stadium. We managed to get a SB without the roof so that was a success but my main issue with the new stadium is that is a library and I think a roof would have been nice to trap the noise. Noise is the best home field advantage of all.

I know you disagree. And I don't want to get into a 20 post debate. So I will respectfully agree to disagree and humbly yield the last word to my elder.

Jets Insider VIP

What lot?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I am almost happy it was totalled in Sandy as a German Engineered car should never have to suffer the indignity of being splatter with blue collar piss.
    Would white-collar piss have been better?

All NFL teams make all fans pay for preseason games, unfortunately. The 18 game schedule would be a big win in that regard if it happens.

Are you getting to the stadium 2 hours before kickoff? That's when I get there and have no trouble with finding spots or getting to Green or Yellow lots at that time.

SAR I
    if I can I get there a few hours before but a few times due to family stuff I have had to cut in close and then lots were full and stuck in that got awful line by the ticket gate-for the pats game-thanksgiving-I waited about 40 minutes just to get through the gate

the games where the jets got blown out this year at home-3 of them leaving was easier only cause most left lol

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @dkaplanSBJ: Jets fans trying to dump PSLs, as the hits keep coming http://t.co/2ISpiSzS
    LOL.. The post definitely ripped off this thread. They have our number...

The topic has even become a hot issue on fan forums usually reserved for bashing the team’s play.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    if I can I get there a few hours before but a few times due to family stuff I have had to cut in close and then lots were full and stuck in that got awful line by the ticket gate-for the pats game-thanksgiving-I waited about 40 minutes just to get through the gate

the games where the jets got blown out this year at home-3 of them leaving was easier only cause most left lol
    Yeah, you're correct. If you have to cut it close either MetLife nor Giants Stadium are very good in that regard. If you are not there two hours or 90 minutes before kickoff, it's a really bad situation and always has been.

Switching to the Green lot has changed my life as the biggest complaint I had was that parking lot security walks around a lot and actually does nothing to enforce rules about how many spots someone can take up and general cleanliness.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    LOL.. The post definitely ripped off this thread. They have our number...
    Yup.

And I personally know the gentleman in the photograph and one of the people who was mentioned by name. Both are Jets Insider members. I'm not going to out them as they gave their honest opinions and there's nothing wrong with that.

SAR I