Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post

Nothing drives me crazier than someone saying they're a fan because they have high priced tickets but they sell half their games. It's almost like someone saying their a devout Jew or Catholic because they pay for their temple or church but show up only once or twice a year.

The big problem facing the Jets is there are still unsold PSLs and upper deck seats. They will be tougher to unload and seats that brokers buy that were unsold it will be tougher to get brokers to buy those seats again.
    Nothing drives me crazier than an upper decker challenging the financial outlay, commitment, and sacrifice of a PSL owner.

As an upper decker, you can drop out any time you like and you've lost nothing. You can take the next 2 years off, then re-up for season tickets in 2015 without missing a beat. Might even wind up with a better seats assignment in the process.

A PSL owner is in it for the long-haul, nowhere to turn when the team gets bad. I'm spending $5,000 a year on this team whether they are 14-2 or 2-14 caliber. And if I have the choice of watching the Jets lose 44-6 to the Patriots or getting 3x face value, sorry, I'm choosing 3x face value. At least until the team shows me something and plays inspired football.

Woody Johnson's mistake is our saving grace right now. The fact that he didn't put PSL's on 27,000 upper deck seats means that those fans can bail and he has to put a good product on the field in order to fill them. That wasn't the case in the always-sold-out Giants Stadium.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I go through the effort to attend live football games so long as my team is competitive, is under the right leadership, is headed in the right direction. Based on what I know now, if Rex Ryan and the clown show comes back again next season, I will be selling seats to at least four games next year. I can watch it on TV, I don't need to see this sh-t show live.

You sling hash, bub. Don't begin to understand my financial situation. You spend your football Sundays trying to make $10. Lecture somebody else.

SAR I
    Sling hash, lol, that's the second time you said that to me. You haven't been to any of my parties so you don't know what I do or what I'm about. This isn't a money thing, this is what I do for fun, it's how I enjoy my fandom. My real life work affords me the ability to be able to take in all the home games, travel to many of the away games, and have fun following my team, and raise and donate to my cancer charity a few bucks. To take a page from your book and brag a little, it also allows me to not only live in NYC, but to also live in Palm Beach (where Woody balls out too btw) and travel back and forth on a whim. I don't do that by "trying to make $10" in the parking lot.

Actually, the life you like to talk about, the one you dream about at night wrapped in your 200 thread count sheets, is the life I actually have. K, "Bub?"

Sorry to everyone else, lol, just trying to have a little fun with the 70k millionaire here.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Selling your tix does not make you a STH, it makes you a ticket broker... why not go watch McElroy play in person, would give an idea about how he plays for the 1,000 posts that will be added to this board starting Sunday around 4PM. looking forward to seeing him and if he has anything... plus last live action in person until the first preseason game...

closing the tailgate season in style and watching a new QB...
    Amen to that bro!

Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    Sling hash, lol, that's the second time you said that to me. You haven't been to any of my parties so you don't know what I do or what I'm about. This isn't a money thing, this is what I do for fun, it's how I enjoy my fandom. My real life work affords me the ability to be able to take in all the home games, travel to many of the away games, and have fun following my team, and raise and donate to my cancer charity a few bucks. To take a page from your book and brag a little, it also allows me to not only live in NYC, but to also live in Palm Beach (where Woody balls out too btw) and travel back and forth on a whim. I don't do that by "trying to make $10" in the parking lot.

Actually, the life you like to talk about, the one you dream about at night wrapped in your 200 thread count sheets, is the life I actually have. K, "Bub?"

Sorry to everyone else, lol, just trying to have a little fun with the 70k millionaire here.
    Oh, snap!

Ps - I'm guessing that's not an expression anymore. Readers, please sub in a modern non-criss cross (sp) equivalent

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

No one cares about your lifestyle.

If you want social media attention on discussion forums buy banner ads like everyone else; engaging in personal attacks against popular posters isn't going to work if said popular poster is smart enough to realize what you're trying to do.

SAR I

When did SAR I become a 'popular poster' ??

Quote Originally Posted by vjdbbq View Post
    When did SAR I become a 'popular poster' ??
    Does anybody else find it ironic that SAR has no problem talking about his personal wealth, how much his house cost, what kind of car he drives, Jets PSL's, etc etc. But then as soon as somebody else who in all likelihood is more wealthy starts talking about their own financial situation, SAR immediately tells the person "nobody cares about your lifestyle?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Does anybody else find it ironic that SAR has no problem talking about his personal wealth, how much his house cost, what kind of car he drives, Jets PSL's, etc etc. But then as soon as somebody else who in all likelihood is more wealthy starts talking about their own financial situation, SAR immediately tells the person "nobody cares about your lifestyle?"
    Upper Deck season ticket holders are like saying Snookie and the Kennedys both have beach houses.

It is not bailing on jets if someone with a fully paid PSL sells it at a loss to a jet fan who will then pick up his seats and attend games. Actually Jets get to charge a transfer fee and get new blood in stadium.

Bailing is walking away from your financial commitment and sticking Jets with a PSL and season tickets to sell.

Jets most likely could care less if you sell your PSLs at a loss, as long as a new butt is in the seat

Good post, you forgot to add he is the leader of the anti-tailgate group. Sunday will be a fun day... our last tailgate and we get to see a new QB, which is always interresting... Can McElroy be something or is he just another do nothing QB...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Upper Deck season ticket holders are like saying Snookie and the Kennedys both have beach houses.

It is not bailing on jets if someone with a fully paid PSL sells it at a loss to a jet fan who will then pick up his seats and attend games. Actually Jets get to charge a transfer fee and get new blood in stadium.

Bailing is walking away from your financial commitment and sticking Jets with a PSL and season tickets to sell.

Jets most likely could care less if you sell your PSLs at a loss, as long as a new butt is in the seat
    You'd think the Jets by now would have learned something from this season and would be totally averse to butts.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Good post, you forgot to add he is the leader of the anti-tailgate group. Sunday will be a fun day... our last tailgate and we get to see a new QB, which is always interresting... Can McElroy be something or is he just another do nothing QB...
    I'm not anti-tailgate. I am pro-fresh air.

SAR I

Schluberator & Gadfly ®

SAR I
    Memories......

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Stubhub and NFL ticket exchange are now electronic so I have no clue who is buying them.

Also I gave up trying to sell to Jet fans. Last straw was a Jet fan who when he found out I only go to around six games a year said he would buy four games off me every season and wanted four of the middle six games each year at face.

I then said the two pre-season and last two games are near worthless most years so this wont work for me. He said I know why do you think I only want middle six games.

Jet fans want pre-season for free, and discounts on the games like this Sunday and want to pay face for big games.

I have no problem taking friends and family to game with me for free. But why would I want to give them preseason games and end of season games for free then sell them 49ers, Pats, Giants regular season games at face. Plus who scalps to people you know.

Bad enough folks cant comprehend PSL fee and all the effort it took me to get great seats. So much easier to just throw them on-line at a high price and magically money appears in my account. Jet fans are cheap, if I had Giant tickets I would sell to fans. They understand that if tickets with a face of 130 that sell for 300 on stubhub a deal is not paying the 15% fee and getting tickets for $240. Jet fans want them for face, you to deliver them to your house and they might pay you after game if they win and you do their dishes. Selling to Jet fans anything and trying to make a profit is like selling bacon and ham outside a temple on saturday and wondering why you aint making money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I couldn't have said it better. A prime example of this absurd Jets fan phenomenon is the ticket forum on this very site where you are not allowed to post tickets at anything but face or below, to hell with fair market value. Jets fans always looking for a bargain from other Jets fans. Thanks, but I'll stick to Stubhub for games I don't attend. And if it is an opposing fan that buys my tickets, well anyone here could have bought the same tickets from me for less than the opposing fan paid (listing price, but minus the stub hub commission) but chose not to because it was over face. Sorry dudes, but fair market value is the 21st century expectation.
    +100

I bought my PSL's on the visitor side of the stadium for a reason. Visiting fans pay top dollar. Jets fans are cheap. My seats are visiting-fan magnets.

Mama didn't raise no fool.

SAR I

Since we have another pick on SAR thread.. BMW 300 series do not qualify as a luxury car, its a starter car. 500 series and up are the luxury models. My wife loves her 535. 4 PSL's are nothing, try having 8 plus 6 upper primes (which are all filled and I am prob buying extra tix for all I have invited)... Tailgating is a great part of the NFL Experience, why mock it, esp Joes as he busts his hump to make it a great experience (as I have heard, too bad I am on the other side of the lot from him)

As I have said earlier, as a STH fan, this is a game you want to go as we have the new QB playing, and it is always fun seeing them, along with a few bombed Santas.

Claiming wealth and then selling tix for a small profit does not go together. Taking a 50% bath on selling PSL's is not something to brag about. Last I checked this is a JETS board. Support the team, go to the games if you have tix and if anyone wants to swing by my spot, I will have a cold Stella for you...

Merry Christmas and other celebrations of faith....

Cheers!!!

SAR I
    Three weeks with out a cig for me... go Sunday, I will have a cold Stella for you.... Seeing McElroy in person will be fun...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Since we have another pick on SAR thread.. BMW 300 series do not qualify as a luxury car, its a starter car. 500 series and up are the luxury models. My wife loves her 535. 4 PSL's are nothing, try having 8 plus 6 upper primes (which are all filled and I am prob buying extra tix for all I have invited)... Tailgating is a great part of the NFL Experience, why mock it, esp Joes as he busts his hump to make it a great experience (as I have heard, too bad I am on the other side of the lot from him)

As I have said earlier, as a STH fan, this is a game you want to go as we have the new QB playing, and it is always fun seeing them, along with a few bombed Santas.

Claiming wealth and then selling tix for a small profit does not go together. Taking a 50% bath on selling PSL's is not something to brag about. Last I checked this is a JETS board. Support the team, go to the games if you have tix and if anyone wants to swing by my spot, I will have a cold Stella for you...

Merry Christmas and other celebrations of faith....

Cheers!!!
    Lesson of the day:

Rich people stay rich by not being stupid with money.

Bonus lesson of the day:

If you're going to make fun of someone driving a BMW, at least know what their Series' are called.

SAR I

All Pro
    Stubhub and NFL ticket exchange are now electronic so I have no clue who is buying them.

Also I gave up trying to sell to Jet fans. Last straw was a Jet fan who when he found out I only go to around six games a year said he would buy four games off me every season and wanted four of the middle six games each year at face.

I then said the two pre-season and last two games are near worthless most years so this wont work for me. He said I know why do you think I only want middle six games.

Jet fans want pre-season for free, and discounts on the games like this Sunday and want to pay face for big games.

I have no problem taking friends and family to game with me for free. But why would I want to give them preseason games and end of season games for free then sell them 49ers, Pats, Giants regular season games at face. Plus who scalps to people you know.

Bad enough folks cant comprehend PSL fee and all the effort it took me to get great seats. So much easier to just throw them on-line at a high price and magically money appears in my account. Jet fans are cheap, if I had Giant tickets I would sell to fans. They understand that if tickets with a face of 130 that sell for 300 on stubhub a deal is not paying the 15% fee and getting tickets for $240. Jet fans want them for face, you to deliver them to your house and they might pay you after game if they win and you do their dishes. Selling to Jet fans anything and trying to make a profit is like selling bacon and ham outside a temple on saturday and wondering why you aint making money.
    Exactly, just another example of how absurd most of our fellow crapulous "fans" act -their cheesy, inexcusable, cheapo behavior is magnified exponentially in a year such as this.

Unfortunately, as long as the NFL continues to schedule out of division/conference games as it does the STH that can't/doesn't attend every game has this choix cornélien- sell those games to others at a loss or look for max $ from road team fans who pollute the stadium.

Me, I'd prefer AFC East play predominantly AFC North and NFC East in an unbalanced schedule like other leagues do. Maybe play more games in division as well.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Memories......

Well that's a place where unappetizing hash was actually slung, you have to forgive him for his confusion

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Memories......

Why is he wearing a Pennington Jersey and carrying a Herman Edwards statue? He despises the two of them!!! Furthermore, if he was smart enough to realize that Pennington was done prior to the 2007 season, why does he so staunchly support Mark Sanchez, when Sanchez is 10x more done than Pennington ever was? It makes no sense, mates!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Why is he wearing a Pennington Jersey and carrying a Herman Edwards statue? He despises the two of them!!! Furthermore, if he was smart enough to realize that Pennington was done prior to the 2007 season, why does he so staunchly support Mark Sanchez, when Sanchez is 10x more done than Pennington ever was? It makes no sense, mates!
    Photo taken in 2005. Statue a contribution to the Pat Tillman charity.

Pennington had a great offensive line, a Hall of Fame running back, and a consistent set of wide receivers. Sanchez had none of that and was more successful.

You are getting dangerously close to a response-ban; riding both sides of the fence does that to people.

SAR I