Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    With stubhub and ticket exchange I can list all my tickets at $500 declining price to one dollar first day in June on both sides and let market forces take them to the sold point. Selling tickets aint the hassel it once was so most folks wont walk away unless they are way underwater
    Agreed. What you had this year is the new normal. As I've said before, PSl holders should not be ridiculed for selling. The Jets have encouraged it with their words and their actions. Home Field advantage will suffer. But it's the Jets fault for offloading the risk from their balance sheet directly to their fans.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The exodus already happened. It started when people refused to buy the PSLs and they had to keep resetting the price tag. It continued when the those who refused the PSLs went to the upper deck and saw the altitude with their own eyes.

I'm sure some people will default and walk away, but they will be a small minority. I feel people will rather become mini ticket brokers than walk away from whatever they already put in. Early prediction: the game vs Pittsburgh will be 50/50 Steeler to Jets fans...
    Absolutely.

In a year that we know is going to be average at best, a PSL owner will do his best to make as much money as possible for the good games to offset the games he winds up going to. Under normal circumstances, I would never miss a Patriots game or Steelers game. I intend to sell each game for 2X face value and thus offset the 6 games I will be attending. 2 of those remaining 6 games will be useless, and I will get 50% of my seat money back.

So of the $4,000 I'll spend in April, I'll make back $2,000 on the 2 elite games, and $500 back on the 2 dog games. It will therefore cost me $1,500 to attend the remaining 4 games. Which is less than face value. No worries.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question:

If I was to call up and completely pay off what I owe on the PSL, could I then walk away seeing as I've paid them their PSL and they can now re-sell that PSL/those seats?

As one of the many who you (Browning Nagle) mentioned - considering walking and letting the dogs come - I'm interested if you could give any detail on this.
    Last edited by 124; 12-19-2012 at 04:50 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I'm sure some people will default and walk away, but they will be a small minority. I feel people will rather become mini ticket brokers than walk away from whatever they already put in. Early prediction: the game vs Pittsburgh will be 50/50 Steeler to Jets fans...
    IF I keep my seats, I will 110% be selling that game.

I wish I had gone upstairs, because the PSL's are just not worth it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Question:

If I was to call up and completely pay off what I owe on the PSL, could I then walk away seeing as I've paid them their PSL and they can now re-sell that PSL/those seats?

As one of the many who you (Browning Nagle) mentioned - considering walking and letting the dogs come - I'm interested if you could give any detail on this.
    contact ticket brokers and agencys they are buying them or trading for them. i cannot disclose the broker i used i signed a disclosure agreement with them.

you can probably trade for upper deck seats and cash depending on the brokers need for your tix.

the jets organization screwed all the fans on and off the field.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Question:

You have an obligation to buy the seats. Even with the PSL paid off, the Jets can still come after you for breach of contract because you were obliged to buy 30 years worth of those season tickets.

Pay off your PSL's. Then sell the entire regular-season in one shot at face value. Wait for the team to improve, and then sell your PSL's for breakeven.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You have an obligation to buy the seats. Even with the PSL paid off, the Jets can still come after you for breach of contract because you were obliged to buy 30 years worth of those season tickets.

Pay off your PSL's. Then sell the entire regular-season in one shot at face value. Wait for the team to improve, and then sell your PSL's for breakeven.

SAR I
    who comes after you? woody johnson knocks at your front door? come on man. walk away end of story you owe them nothing. the jets cannot and will not afford to go after fans who decide to walk away.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    who comes after you? woody johnson knocks at your front door? come on man. walk away end of story you owe them nothing. the jets cannot and will not afford to go after fans who decide to walk away.
    You and I do not speak since you threatened my family.

Do not reach out to me in any way. Do not quote me in your posts. Do not refer to me in your posts.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You and I do not speak since you threatened my family.

Do not reach out to me in any way. Do not quote me in your posts. Do not refer to me in your posts.

SAR I
    i never threatened anyone blue collar/firefighter hater. get your facts straight before you openly and wrongfully accuse me of anything here and dont tell me what to do i dont work for you and never will. thanks

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow will, after last Sunday they both have plenty of free time to run errands for their boss Woody

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sooo, with your fairy tale story, why didn't YOU walk away without paying instead of being proud that you lost 30k. Cool story bro.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The market for buying partially paid off PSLs for pennies on the remaining value dollar will probably be awesome if this happens.

There'll be more than a few people standing by.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    The market for buying partially paid off PSLs for pennies on the remaining value dollar will probably be awesome if this happens.

There'll be more than a few people standing by.
    Exactly.

Let's say that 10% of all PSL owners got in over their heads, simply can't make the season payments and/or are so upset by the team that they want out of their commitments.

They'll bail out at a very low price which will allow other fans to scoop up the bargains.

And so long as there are at least 2 elite games per year in which a PSL owner can get 2x face value, that alone pays off 25% of the season. If a PSL owner was smart in 2009 he picked seats that could withstand a few bad seasons. I know I did.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    Sooo, with your fairy tale story, why didn't YOU walk away without paying instead of being proud that you lost 30k. Cool story bro.
    my psl was paid in full i would never finance sports tix. if your gonna criticize follow along i was able to trade for another section psl paid in full with cheaper game day tix my seats were $295 a game x4 plus parking. i wanted out and a broker made it happen.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once the PSL(s) are paid in full, you can simply walk away. You will then lose your PSL(s) and the Jets will have the right to re-sell them to whomever they please. The only commitment any PSL owner made, was to pay for the PSL in full by either paying in full, 5 or 15 year financing. If you chose the 5 or 15, you may be obligated to pay for any "early" payoff fees. Otherwise you will be Scott Free. This is where the defaults will come into play. People will just walk away once the PSL(s) are paid in full. The Jets will have to try and resell them but it won`t be easy for them. No one will want them after knowing whats been, either through witnessing with own eyes or word of mouth, which has been terrible at best from both Jets & Giants fans. Woody will then have to restructure the pricing once again and that will only anger the remaining PSL owners if they don`t get the same deals. It`s a total clusterF for the Jets right now. This is simply not a franchise worthy of PSLs. They share a stadium with a proven winner. It`s been 43, going on 44 years now, where the Jets have done NOTHING in this league. The Jets are NOT worth what Woody may think. The Jets are a $25(UD), 75(LD) and $100(Mezz) type of team. Thats it. PSL owners do not get what a true PSL owner should be entitled to. You are supporting the construction of the stadium and that should entitle you to EVERY event being held inside YOUR stadium. You simply don`t get that with the Jets & Giants. You lose out. Not worth it. It`s gonna be interesting to see what Woody can possibly do in the future. I think he is realizing he may have made the biggest mistake by purchasing this team. Just like many of the fans have realized what a mistake it was to purchase these bogus PSLs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If the Jets read this board then listen up:

Fire Rex and Tanny. Hire Jay Gruden and develop an exciting offense that can score points.
    Great point JWN, I have actually forgotten how excting real good offensive football was.. after the last 2 dreadful years of dreck offense and QB play

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Under normal circumstances, I would never miss a Patriots game or Steelers gamey. I intend to sell each game for 2X face value and thus offset the 6 games I will be attending.

SAR I
    Who do you think will pay 2x face value for those games??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    I agree. Unless you're in really bad shape and can't afford to put out the cash for your tickets at least until you can sell them, this is the move. The initial pricing was so high and the economy hasn't fully recovered. And the team is at a low point. Give it a few years if you can and eventually it will likely turn out OK. And if you sell your yearly tickets early enough and/or are willing to put in a little more effort pricing seats for the premium games more aggressively, you may even make a little money on a yearly basis

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely.

In a year that we know is going to be average at best, a PSL owner will do his best to make as much money as possible for the good games to offset the games he winds up going to. Under normal circumstances, I would never miss a Patriots game or Steelers game. I intend to sell each game for 2X face value and thus offset the 6 games I will be attending. 2 of those remaining 6 games will be useless, and I will get 50% of my seat money back.

So of the $4,000 I'll spend in April, I'll make back $2,000 on the 2 elite games, and $500 back on the 2 dog games. It will therefore cost me $1,500 to attend the remaining 4 games. Which is less than face value. No worries.

SAR I
    Youre math is off a little bit

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Who do you think will pay 2x face value for those games??
    I have great seats. $125 face value immediately adjacent to $200 Club Seats. Row 1. Gate closest to parking and the train. Green parking pass.

SAR I