Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 979

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

  1. #841
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,485
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    x4, yes. It`s $4,000 I use more wisely than throwing it away on not so very entertaining Jets football. 44 years and it don`t look promising. You got the money to burn? Burn it away. If you really want to feel good and do something proper with the money other than giving it to Woody so you can be entertained, give it to me. I`ll cook you the most awesome BBQ, then keep the rest of it.
    I appreciate the offer but I have to cook and taste my own lip-smacking, taste-tempting food around here (Steamed Lobster, Handcut Fries, Stir Fry, Cheesesteaks, Egg Nog Pancakes, Frenched Rack of Lamb, Prime Steak au Poivre) - I'm sure it beats the old 16H slop anyway

    Scaling back to 1 or 2 seats is not an option?

    I get the same sad song from my friend that I go with. He had 7 seats and now down to 4 through attrition (STH family friends moving away, kids in college) but its still too many.

    As IIRC Alkrotraz said Jets fans are so fairweather and cheap plus holding on for the 1 or 2 years out of 5 you think you can sell a set for 2x - 5x in the UD is absurd...theres one or 2 games almost no one cares about every year no matter how good the opponent is

  2. #842
    I thought about scaling back. When my wife and I first got tickets, we decided to get 4 for when we decided to start a family. We have 2 girls. They`re teenagers now and have lost interest after seeing how upset I got over this whole new stadium deal, Giants always winning, Jets always choking. We held on in the hopes of the Jets getting their OWN stadium. Well, it ain`t never gonna happen so we decided no more. I did have 4 seats for the first season in the new dump. Split them with a friend. Niether of us, nor our guests and family, like the new stadium at all. So we are done. Unless I live long enough to see the Jets get their own stadium for the first time in the history of the world, then maybe I`ll get some tickets to leave for my great children.

  3. #843
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I thought about scaling back. When my wife and I first got tickets, we decided to get 4 for when we decided to start a family. We have 2 girls. They`re teenagers now and have lost interest after seeing how upset I got over this whole new stadium deal, Giants always winning, Jets always choking. We held on in the hopes of the Jets getting their OWN stadium. Well, it ain`t never gonna happen so we decided no more. I did have 4 seats for the first season in the new dump. Split them with a friend. Niether of us, nor our guests and family, like the new stadium at all. So we are done. Unless I live long enough to see the Jets get their own stadium for the first time in the history of the world, then maybe I`ll get some tickets to leave for my great children.
    i was originally an upper decker i bought psls to the new stadium captive audience purchase and i lost my shirt doing so. dont regret your decision ever you did what you did and thats it. remember the good times.

    im in for 4 psls as we speak with an option to bail prior to the season starting. im gonna see whats done here in the next few weeks and in free agency and the draft. if its gonna be the rex and sanchez show again im taking the money and bailing too.

  4. #844
    I think I need my head examined but I'm actually considering picking up those two row 30 seats in 142. I love my current seats and these are just about the same thing except on the other side of the cushioned seat sections and 4 seats closer to the 50 (and on the aisle, which would be nice).

    On the other hand, I already like and have come to know at least a little a few people in my section. And I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to buy new seats and sell mine, especially now that seats are going at a discount. I think the move would be to buy them and hold on to them for a few years until the resale value improves and then either keep all 4 or keep the 2 I like better. The question is am I willing to part with $15k for a few years and possibly risk losing some or all of it (if you believe the dire predictions) for a possible small gain in seats (4 seats closer to 50 and on aisle).

    If it were just me I think I would do this right now. But I'd also have to convince the better half, and I floated this idea briefly today and got some stern glances. So I'm likely staying put as of right now, but will continue to monitor the situation.

  5. #845
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I think I need my head examined but I'm actually considering picking up those two row 30 seats in 142. I love my current seats and these are just about the same thing except on the other side of the cushioned seat sections and 4 seats closer to the 50 (and on the aisle, which would be nice).

    On the other hand, I already like and have come to know at least a little a few people in my section. And I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to buy new seats and sell mine, especially now that seats are going at a discount. I think the move would be to buy them and hold on to them for a few years until the resale value improves and then either keep all 4 or keep the 2 I like better. The question is am I willing to part with $15k for a few years and possibly risk losing some or all of it (if you believe the dire predictions) for a possible small gain in seats (4 seats closer to 50 and on aisle).

    If it were just me I think I would do this right now. But I'd also have to convince the better half, and I floated this idea briefly today and got some stern glances. So I'm likely staying put as of right now, but will continue to monitor the situation.
    Further musing....I'd basically be putting out $15k PLUS the effort to sell and manage 2 extra tickets for at least a couple years with the risk of losing some of that money. And this just to "upgrade" by 6 seats, with the risk that this section may have a maniac next to me or something. OK so now I'm convincing myself to forget about these seats. Please someone buy them soon so I can stop musing....

  6. #846
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    if only it succeeded in doing so.

    I have`nt been to a game in 2 years. I doubt anyone has noticed. I also doubt anyone notices, let alone cares that you are there.
    Of course we noticed. You tell everyone about all your angst every time you post. We know. We know. But thanks for reminding everyone. Again.

  7. #847
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Further musing....I'd basically be putting out $15k PLUS the effort to sell and manage 2 extra tickets for at least a couple years with the risk of losing some of that money. And this just to "upgrade" by 6 seats, with the risk that this section may have a maniac next to me or something. OK so now I'm convincing myself to forget about these seats. Please someone buy them soon so I can stop musing....
    Do it. You know you want to.

    SAR I

  8. #848
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Do it. You know you want to.

    SAR I
    Curse you!!

    Can you help me work on the messaging with the wife?

  9. #849
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Curse you!!

    Can you help me work on the messaging with the wife?
    You are buying at the low.

    Section 142 is a great value.

    The seats are behind the visitors bench.

    The seats are easy to sell on StubHub at high profits.

    Even if it turns out it was a mistake, you'll sell them and break-even.

    You'll eventually sell your old seats and the whole thing will make a few bucks.

    The Jets are offering 2 round trip tickets to Turks & Caicos as a premium and those are worth $3,000 right there.

    You are planning on taking her to Turks & Caicos because you love her so much.

    The whole reason for the new seats is for this vacation.

    This vacation is for her.

    SAR I

  10. #850
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You are buying at the low.

    Section 142 is a great value.

    The seats are behind the visitors bench.

    The seats are easy to sell on StubHub at high profits.

    Even if it turns out it was a mistake, you'll sell them and break-even.

    You'll eventually sell your old seats and the whole thing will make a few bucks.

    The Jets are offering 2 round trip tickets to Turks & Caicos as a premium and those are worth $3,000 right there.

    You are planning on taking her to Turks & Caicos because you love her so much.

    The whole reason for the new seats is for her.

    SAR I
    Awesome - thank you! Great stuff, though I will say that threads like these have now cost me a fair amount of money, and are now seriously threatening to cost me $15k more

  11. #851
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    Bad economy + high price of PSL tix + lousy product = problem
    yep

  12. #852
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,642
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    yep
    Really?

    So where is the "PSL exodus"? Besides a puff piece in the Post, where exactly is the evidence that thousands of Jets fans are giving up their seats, defaulting on loans, ruining their credit ratings?

    Thought so.

    SAR I

  13. #853
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Further musing....I'd basically be putting out $15k PLUS the effort to sell and manage 2 extra tickets for at least a couple years with the risk of losing some of that money. And this just to "upgrade" by 6 seats, with the risk that this section may have a maniac next to me or something. OK so now I'm convincing myself to forget about these seats. Please someone buy them soon so I can stop musing....
    Food for thought... Wait another year to see if the secondary PSL market drops further. Take the $2900 you would be spending on the tickets alone and StubHub it through the season for tickets in 142 or close to where you are at. You will probably spend less and if you choose not to go to the 2 preseason games you will be way ahead. If you choose to stay home for one or two RS games you will be further ahead. Now you can take your wife to the South of France so it's "win-win"! I looked at those 2 in 142 as well and it is a great location but damn... If it was a guarentee the PSL would appreciate it's a no brainer. Unfortunately IMO I don't see that happening.

  14. #854
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Food for thought... Wait another year to see if the secondary PSL market drops further. Take the $2900 you would be spending on the tickets alone and StubHub it through the season for tickets in 142 or close to where you are at. You will probably spend less and if you choose not to go to the 2 preseason games you will be way ahead. If you choose to stay home for one or two RS games you will be further ahead. Now you can take your wife to the South of France so it's "win-win"! I looked at those 2 in 142 as well and it is a great location but damn... If it was a guarentee the PSL would appreciate it's a no brainer. Unfortunately IMO I don't see that happening.
    Interesting. Yeah for me the 142s are only likely a small upgrade over what I have since it's only 6 seats closer to the 50 at same elevation, etc. And there's a small risk there'd be a 7 footer, 400 pounder, or screaming maniacs/etc rather than the nice folks around me (the 2 seats directly to my left have had different folks every single time, but otherwise the folks around me that I know a little seem pretty cool).

    But they are a little closer to the 50 and on the aisle, enable marginally quicker outs and annoying the folks to my left a little less for beer runs/bathroom breaks.

    If I nab them, I'd either sell my 135s for the season, basically taking a 1 season risk on the 7 footer, etc. Or I'd list the Pats, Fins, Pitt, NO, and Oak games for >=2x face immediately. Assuming those sold, that would at least cover the ticket cost. Then if I could sell any of the others it would be gravy to help pay the PSLs. Or I could go to those games with more people which would be fun.

    But you make a valid point. Given the way the last couple years ended and the near term likely negative outlook for this team, maybe now isn't the time to be aggressive?

    Note that this is how I wound up upgrading several times during the initial selling process....

  15. #855
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Interesting. Yeah for me the 142s are only likely a small upgrade over what I have since it's only 6 seats closer to the 50 at same elevation, etc. And there's a small risk there'd be a 7 footer, 400 pounder, or screaming maniacs/etc rather than the nice folks around me (the 2 seats directly to my left have had different folks every single time, but otherwise the folks around me that I know a little seem pretty cool).

    But they are a little closer to the 50 and on the aisle, enable marginally quicker outs and annoying the folks to my left a little less for beer runs/bathroom breaks.

    If I nab them, I'd either sell my 135s for the season, basically taking a 1 season risk on the 7 footer, etc. Or I'd list the Pats, Fins, Pitt, NO, and Oak games for >=2x face immediately. Assuming those sold, that would at least cover the ticket cost. Then if I could sell any of the others it would be gravy to help pay the PSLs. Or I could go to those games with more people which would be fun.

    But you make a valid point. Given the way the last couple years ended and the near term likely negative outlook for this team, maybe now isn't the time to be aggressive?

    Note that this is how I wound up upgrading several times during the initial selling process....
    If you pass on those seats and wait until next year, those seats will be gone. And what might the "savings" be? If the seats are owned by a private party, they've got money, no reason to take a bloodbath. If the seats are owned by the Jets, someone will scoop them up.

    SAR I

  16. #856
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,168
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If you pass on those seats and wait until next year, those seats will be gone. And what might the "savings" be? If the seats are owned by a private party, they've got money, no reason to take a bloodbath. If the seats are owned by the Jets, someone will scoop them up.

    SAR I
    yes , they`ll scoop them up at $25 bucks a game on gameday for those lower level seats . The team stinks & no-one wants to work for Woody

  17. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    x4, yes. It`s $4,000 I use more wisely than throwing it away on not so very entertaining Jets football. 44 years and it don`t look promising. You got the money to burn? Burn it away. If you really want to feel good and do something proper with the money other than giving it to Woody so you can be entertained, give it to me. I`ll cook you the most awesome BBQ, then keep the rest of it.
    First off all you are quoting bubble prices. PSL source a secondary market place has Mezz A as cheap as $1,000 each for section 227A row 7

    I am pretty sure judging on prices you could make an offer of like $750 each and get some Mezz B under cover seats for a whopping $3k for all four. Now the best value in stadium. No drunks and long aisles like LL EZ top rows.

    Price is no longer an issue with a PSL purchase. In fact I think UD Prime high rows at $125 or UD Prime in the corners at $125 are way over priced seats. Even without a PSL.

  18. #858
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I think I need my head examined but I'm actually considering picking up those two row 30 seats in 142. I love my current seats and these are just about the same thing except on the other side of the cushioned seat sections and 4 seats closer to the 50 (and on the aisle, which would be nice).

    On the other hand, I already like and have come to know at least a little a few people in my section. And I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to buy new seats and sell mine, especially now that seats are going at a discount. I think the move would be to buy them and hold on to them for a few years until the resale value improves and then either keep all 4 or keep the 2 I like better. The question is am I willing to part with $15k for a few years and possibly risk losing some or all of it (if you believe the dire predictions) for a possible small gain in seats (4 seats closer to 50 and on aisle).

    If it were just me I think I would do this right now. But I'd also have to convince the better half, and I floated this idea briefly today and got some stern glances. So I'm likely staying put as of right now, but will continue to monitor the situation.
    They have a make an offer button. Offer guy 10k or 12k for pair and see what happens.

  19. #859
    2 Touchdown Club Corner 244 12 1 - 2 Aisle All $5,600

    If I was buying. You know what I might do this one. Yep ticket price is a killer. but it is an aisle seat one seat over from club goal line.

    So a $205 ticket one seat from a $255 ticket. Also a higher row aisle towards 50 means you can scoot back and forth into clubs as much as you want on cold or rainy days without blocking peoples view.

    Finallly, any investment you could lose 100% of money, in this case the low PSL cost limits.

    But is is still a little screwy that the best value seat in whole club section, and the best part of that value section on aisle towards higher priced side still goes for almost half price.

    As clubs get emptier, who is paying the higher prices. I see Club Goal line fairly empty, so nothing to stop you from sitting in 243 every game and paying 244 price

  20. #860
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Awesome - thank you! Great stuff, though I will say that threads like these have now cost me a fair amount of money, and are now seriously threatening to cost me $15k more
    You do realize that SAR knows very well about good seat locations in the stadium, but as far as PSL demand goes he has been wrong on everything.

    Alkrotraz seems to be much more knowledgeable on actual PSL demand and the secondary market.

    Just my 2 cents on who I would listen to.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us