Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Cmon guys...

I pissed away 30 thousand bucks to land Lower level end zone seats next season!!! You stupid guys need to join my one man season ticket stock market crash crusade NOW!!!!!!

Love you guys and my truck

Sincerely

GMCjets AKA the sneaker guy

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    i thought you had me Nike on ignore?

good thing you didnt piss away $30k cause the way you whine and cry about me doing it is bad enough.

ive gotten over it and made it back x3.

funny thing we are all jets fans but some find amusement out of others misfortunes.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Woody's mistake back then saves us a bit now. He's got to put a decent product on the field or risk 10,000 of those 27,000 fans up there bailing on their season ticket agreements.

SAR I
    I hope people bail out n the UD and on their PSL agreements. The more people that do that:

1) the more pressure there is on Woody to do something for STH's who stick around. Since we will renew, we will win if ticket prices are low and/or parking fees are reduced.

2) we have $2500 LLEZ seats. For the amount we paid, getting out of the UD was a huge benefit. Well worth it. We enjoy going to games and are happy with our purchase. Over 20+ years, the cost per game is nothing.

3) we want better seats. If we can find better seats in the lower bow (LGL) or good seats in Mezz A, we will grab them. We tried already, but there weren't any of the good ones available. With patience, we'll get what we want.

I agree with SAR: The Club Seat debacle has been good to us. Because so few people want to pay $300+ or sit in the UD, seats in the lower bowl are the sweet spot. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I hope people bail out n the UD and on their PSL agreements. The more people that do that:

1) the more pressure there is on Woody to do something for STH's who stick around. Since we will renew, we will win if ticket prices are low and/or parking fees are reduced.
    you cant be for real if anything we will pay for those who wont.

ever since the stadium opened the ticket office has been playing games with people.

some got free parking some got no preseason tickets some got $50 tickets some were able to buy single game tickets in the psl zones all the while others paid the full psl fees and got nothing.

if your looking for woody to give you a better deal you are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    uh... wut?

How about you try using a little punctuation, now and then? You know.. the type that allows others to comprehend your thoughts while reading your sorry attempts to write something understandable. You would have learned some of that puntuation back in 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade. You might want to review your notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    uh... wut?
    You would have learned some of that puntuation back in 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade. You might want to review your notes.
    huh?... what is puntuation? is that where the jets punt?

huh?... what is puntuation? is that where the jets punt?
    My only complaint about PSL process was the Jets constant changing of prices, unlike the Giants.

For instance I was offered preprice cut section 110 row one seats. However, at a 15K PSL and the higher ticket price it worked out to almost $300 a game when factoring PSL cost. I passed on those seats. They were gobbled up quickly.

Then psl was cut to 10K and ticket price cut and I was pissed. Plenty of folks in LLEZ corners or LSL select did not even get a price cut.

Seems in first go round pre-price cut folks who bought LLEZ, LGL, LTC or LSL just lucked out. Plenty of folks with high senority just bypassed seats and jammed into Mezz A and UD to save a few bucks. Since everyone was jamming into Mezz A and UD your senority was wasted.

Then the 30 year season ticket holder lost his shot at the best seats.

One can argue the most loyal and longer tenure fan shelled out the big bucks in first go round when seats were high deserved it. But honestly someone like me with not much senority ended up with great seats as by the time they got to me only horrid UD seats were left.

But when they called me I had choice of LGL on aisle by LSL, LSL on aisle by Lower Prime, TC on aisle by LGL and plenty of low rows. Basically wide open, those seats were 10k and 15k PSLs back then and oldtimers did either 5k LLEZ, 4k Mezz or UD.

Too much luck and not enough senority in the end. Giants since they did not play this game, only senority for must part played a roll in how good your seats are.

Guy I sit next to has seats since Shea Stadium. Goes to show how many fans avoided seats like LGL and LSL pre-price cut. A few thousand fans were called between him and me.

Go back to original thread and when we were first called you see all the Mezz a and UD. Rarely a LGL or LSL.
    Last edited by Alkrotraz; 12-26-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    My only complaint about PSL process was the Jets constant changing of prices, unlike the Giants.

Too much luck and not enough senority in the end. Giants since they did not play this game, only senority for must part played a roll in how good your seats are.

Guy I sit next to has seats since Shea Stadium. Goes to show how many fans avoided seats like LGL and LSL pre-price cut. A few thousand fans were called between him and me.

Go back to original thread and when we were first called you see all the Mezz a and UD. Rarely a LGL or LSL.
    Remember that the Giants really screwed their fans. Prior to even knowing their running order, they demanded that their fans commit to sit in the exact same locations as in Giants Stadium or get to the very back of the line including upper deckers.

Giants fans committed to their PSL's right off the bat, were blackmailed into keeping their existing locations, and were on pins and needles for over a year hoping that the Giants didn't screw them over.

I'm not saying the Jets PSL process was perfect, but they were far better to their fans than the Giants were. They pay the price for that now, with fans in the UD free to leave in down years and re-up in good years if they choose. It helps keep the team competitive, doesn't affect me either way, and its good for the fans. Would be nice if someone would show Mr. Johnson a bit of thanks for that good fortune.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    There was clearly some good fortune and luck in timing for sure.

For me it worked the opposite way. I chose UD seats initially. I was told they were around the 35 yard line and low row with a good view.

I remained happy until I started seeing reports onJI from tours by STH on the height of the UD. SAR in particular was extremely helpful with his GIFs of 12 story buildings and parachutes. I remained stubborn until individual tours had started and UD see your seats were starting and made my visit in February.

Upon climbing the stairs to the UD I was alarmed to see that my UD seats were on the 17 yardline not the 35 and my view was obstructed by railings constructed to protection a handicapped seating area in front of my row. LGL and TDC PSLs had just been reduced to 7.5 and 6K respectively and the views from LGL were so dramatically better that 7.5K became financially not such an obstacle.

So for me the timing was fortunate and I am happy about moving to the100 level to this day

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League

ever since the stadium opened the ticket office has been playing games with people.

some got free parking some got no preseason tickets some got $50 tickets some were able to buy single game tickets in the psl zones all the while others paid the full psl fees and got nothing.

if your looking for woody to give you a better deal you are crazy.
    It's called supply and demand. Woody has 8,000,000+ tickets (80k x 10 games) to sell and not much demand b/c everyone knows next year will be a tough year.

Selling season tickets is cheaper than selling them one at a time on Ticketmaster or through bulk sales to brokers. Bottom line, he simply cannot raise prices. To avoid lowering prices, he will be forced to offer STH's incentives (like last year) to renew early.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 12-26-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    It's called supply and demand. Woody has 8,000,000+ tickets (80k x 10 games) to sell and not much demand b/c everyone knows next year will be a tough year.

Selling season tickets is cheaper than selling them one at a time on Ticketmaster or through bulk sales to brokers. Bottom line, he simply cannot raise prices. To avoid lowering prices, he will be forced to offer STH's incentives (like last year) to renew early.
    What? Huh? Woody doesn't have 8,000,000 tickets to sell because 90% of them are already sold. You act like PSL owners want out. They don't. You act like the corporations who own Club seats want out. They don't.

Woody Johnson has about 8,000 upper deck seats and maybe 3,000 Club seats that are at risk. He's got about 11,000 out of 82,500 seats that might not sell next year.

It's not an exodus, it's not some mass defection. It's the same old story- so called "loyal" Jets fans who used to renew their upper deck seats are going to take the year off. That's it. The rest of us are locked in and we like it that way.

SAR I

The rest of us are locked in and we like it that way.

locked into ticket price increases and parking fee increases investment gold.

Would be nice if someone would show Mr. Johnson a bit of thanks for that good fortune.

SAR I
    You crack me up. Love your schtick.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You crack me up. Love your schtick.
    I'm glad I entertain you, but it's not schtick.

Woody Johnson is God for allowing thousands of loyal Jets fans to get good seats away from old timers who simply wouldn't budge because it was a cash cow for them.

Woody does a lot of things wrong, but like Lincoln, he freed the slaves and allowed us to buy our way into good seating locations. God bless him.

SAR I

What? Huh? Woody doesn't have 8,000,000 tickets to sell because 90% of them are already sold. You act like PSL owners want out. They don't. You act like the corporations who own Club seats want out. They don't.

Woody Johnson has about 8,000 upper deck seats and maybe 3,000 Club seats that are at risk. He's got about 11,000 out of 82,500 seats that might not sell next year.

It's not an exodus, it's not some mass defection. It's the same old story- so called "loyal" Jets fans who used to renew their upper deck seats are going to take the year off. That's it. The rest of us are locked in and we like it that way.

SAR I
    I want out, you want to buy mine?

I'm glad I entertain you, but it's not schtick.

Woody Johnson is God for allowing thousands of loyal Jets fans to get good seats away from old timers who simply wouldn't budge because it was a cash cow for them.

Woody does a lot of things wrong, but like Lincoln, he freed the slaves and allowed us to buy our way into good seating locations. God bless him.

SAR I
    I see what you did there. You are pretty good at this. But it was better when you called him Mr. Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I want out, you want to buy mine?
    +1.

Take 'em off my hands, please.

i have the entire off season to decide to keep the 4 psls or the additional $12.5k from the deal i made with the broker.

im over the loss its now a matter of principal. do i want to pay the price to see the product woody has chosen to put on the field.

i have the entire off season to decide to keep the 4 psls or the additional $12.5k from the deal i made with the broker.

im over the loss its now a matter of principal. do i want to pay the price to see the product woody has chosen to put on the field.
    Ask your broker if he'd like two in 104.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    And 2 in 106

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    i talked to him last weekend and he told me the market is flooded with many wanting to bail on jets psls. my situation was unique as i had seats in an area where he had corporate clients who wanted additional seats.

try calling a few ticket brokers or emailing them you never know worth a shot. but i can assure you wont hold them ransome on jets tickets as things currently stand. good luck.