Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Exodus is coming.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    See below for a summary of the sales data over the last six months:

Seating Area Six Month Average (Price Per Seat)

Touchdown Club Sideline $6,250
    Touchdown Club Corner $2,088
    Lower Level Sideline $6,500
    Lower Level Goal Line $6,750
    Lower Level End Zone Corner $6,250
    Lower Level End Zone $1,738

http://www.seasonticketrights.com/ne...ales-Data.aspx

Most interesting part of data in speadsheet of last six months PSL sales is seat selection.

For instance. Nov 12 2012 section 101 LLEZ row 44 PSL seats sold for $1,075 each for around a 60% loss.

Meanwhile same sections 101 in December 2012, (when jets were even worse off), sold for $7,250 each a gain of almost 300%.

Both PSLs were priced at $2,500 each. Some might argue with me. But I think the row one seats in secondary were a better deal. If I was a small business, I lay out 29K in a one shot deal and have seats with a face of $120 each to give to clients which have a huge wow factor. The cheap psls in row 44 are good seats for a actually fan to us cover, elevation, near exit. But for a business, you aint selling nothing giving away row 44 seats.

Nov-12 2 Lower Level End Zone 101 44 -- $2,150 $1,075
    Dec-12 4 Lower Level End Zone 101 1 -- $29,000 $7,250
    There have been 68 seats that have changed hands on this website since 2009.

68 seats out of 82,500 is a percentage so small I can't even calculate it. Your data is nowhere near representative of true pricing. If anything, it shows how much of an over-reaction this whole "PSL sky is falling!" nonsense is.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I see that this thread is still chugging along. Has the PSL exodus arrived yet? If not, do we have an ETA?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Three nobodies that you've barely ever heard of.

GM: No one good will come here with Rex Ryan being forced on him.

OC: No one good will come here with Rex Ryan in lame-duck status.

HC: No one good will come here in 2014 with the mess of a staff he'd inherit.

SAR I
    That's the issue with bringing back Rex. Why couldn't Woody just leave it up to the new GM so we could get the best one out there. Because he's cheap and he won't take the hit on both GM and coach so now next off season we fire Rex and start over with a new coaching staff so 2015 we will be a playoff team. That's only 32 months away.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I see that this thread is still chugging along. Has the PSL exodus arrived yet? If not, do we have an ETA?
    There will never be a PSL exodus of JI folks as we picked best seats. Only unwashed masses are having an issue.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    There will never be a PSL exodus of JI folks as we picked best seats. Only unwashed masses are having an issue.
    fans who were schooled and had others consulting them did in fact make some good decisions on seats. this is true.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta believe best way to buy a PSL right now would be directly from the owner on Craigslist or Ebay. Those PSL resale sites charge both the buyer and the seller a 5% surcharge so on 2 - $7500 PSLs it would come to an additional $750 which I think is a rip-off. That's why I am curious what the Jets will do with defaulted payers although they may not publicize it. Only reason I say best time to buy would be after 2nd preseason game is obviously because you won't have to eat them the first year. Although people that are on the bubble right now sweating out their soon-to-appear 2013 invoice may be motivated to sell their PSLs at a big discount.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    fans who were schooled and had others consulting them did in fact make some good decisions on seats. this is true.
    Also rules of selling was odd. The job of a PSL rep was to Sell and Upsell. A PSL rep got most credit for multiple upselling.

The oddity of this job description and method of paying commission was this.

Person A drops 10K a PSL for a good section off the bat may end up in row 23 non-aisle seats.

Person B gets row 23 UD seats, later is upsold to a LLEZ corner. To upsell Rep gives him lower row seats and closer to aisle near 50 so now he is row 17 ten off aisle in 146 for example.

Than section 143 LGL is reduced and Rep tries to upsell again saying why stay in 5k corner when for 7.5K you can move downfield, you go well I want a lower row and closer to aisle if I move and rep goes ok I will give you row nine four off aisle and you go ok.

A few weeks laster 142 is reduced to 10K and Rep calls back for fourth upsell, the feather in her cap, you go I want lower and even closer to 50 or now way, so magically she gives you row two on aisle closest to 50.

Jets witheld good seats in section at begining in low rows or higher row aisles closest to 50 in begining as they wanted to upsell later.

That sucked for a longer term season ticketholder with good senority who went right towards expensive seats or even cheap PSLs cause even in Mezz A and LLEZ, they witheld seats.

The whole thing was a game from begining, so unless you played game or watched this site you could not play. Sadly it could have wasted 40-200 hours of your time to get good seats.

Even now the Jets are going to do once again an UD Seat Reallocaton Process in Spring and Folks who play that game will eventually all be on the 50 yard line in first few rows. Those that dont play are locked out.

Rules are clear. But why should game even be played. It is played cuase Jets want the game to play.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Gotta believe best way to buy a PSL right now would be directly from the owner on Craigslist or Ebay. Those PSL resale sites charge both the buyer and the seller a 5% surcharge so on 2 - $7500 PSLs it would come to an additional $750 which I think is a rip-off. That's why I am curious what the Jets will do with defaulted payers although they may not publicize it. Only reason I say best time to buy would be after 2nd preseason game is obviously because you won't have to eat them the first year. Although people that are on the bubble right now sweating out their soon-to-appear 2013 invoice may be motivated to sell their PSLs at a big discount.
    I would say also write down the seat locations of bargain seats at good prices, go to day one game and walk around to those seats and see if owner or friend of owner is in seats, you might get lucky and get seats for even less. At least even if owner is not in seat you get to see view before bidding.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There have been 68 seats that have changed hands on this website since 2009.

68 seats out of 82,500 is a percentage so small I can't even calculate it. Your data is nowhere near representative of true pricing. If anything, it shows how much of an over-reaction this whole "PSL sky is falling!" nonsense is.

SAR I
    Its about 0.000824242 give or take 0.000000001.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW - if anyone wanted to default for next year, they probably would have wanted to do it before making this year's PSL payment.

If they default now, they are only avoiding the cost of season tickets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    BTW - if anyone wanted to default for next year, they probably would have wanted to do it before making this year's PSL payment.

If they default now, they are only avoiding the cost of season tickets.
    Jets gave "sandy relief" on 11-1-12 PSL payments, so some folks did not pay it and still did not default. Those folks next decision is season ticket money time. At that point they have to pay both the PSL payment and Season ticket invoice or lose them for good. That is a big nut to some folks at once.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets gave "sandy relief" on 11-1-12 PSL payments, so some folks did not pay it and still did not default. Those folks next decision is season ticket money time. At that point they have to pay both the PSL payment and Season ticket invoice or lose them for good. That is a big nut to some folks at once.
    How many times a year do you have to make a PSL payment if you financed through the Jets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the unwashed and the massive or obese are required to sit in the upper deck

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    How many times a year do you have to make a PSL payment if you financed through the Jets?
    I have to make 3 (or 4) payments throughout the fall. I think the last payment was on 12-15.

Because I had a cheap PSL and I picked the 5 year plan, I plan to finish paying it off in the Spring.

I am not defaulting even though my seats aren't ideal.
    1) At $2500, what is the point. I like going to games and knew that there would be bad years.
    2) We are hoping that we can "upgrade" or move to different seats. Now that our daughters are old enough to start attending, we might move up to Mezz A (more family friendly) if we can get good seats (aisle and/or lower rows). Otherwise, we will stand pat.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 01-03-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I thought the unwashed and the massive or obese are required to sit in the upper deck
    I actually have never been to the upper deck or the Mezz. Kinda like when I go to midtown I dont visit Harlem or the Bronx.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I have to make 3 (or 4) payments throughout the fall. I think the last payment was on 12-15.

Because I had a cheap PSL and I picked the 5 year plan, I plan to finish paying it off in the Spring.

I am not defaulting even though my seats aren't ideal.
    1) At $2500, what is the point. I like going to games and knew that there would be bad years.
    2) We are hoping that we can "upgrade" or move to different seats. Now that our daughters are old enough to start attending, we might move up to Mezz A (more family friendly) if we can get good seats (aisle and/or lower rows). Otherwise, we will stand pat.
    Ask for rows 1-3 in section 135 or 142. Always a high class of folks in those rows. When they did original seat allocation by seniority they told folks row four was first row available, chart actually has some open area/slash handicap seat in them. Even when they reduced prices and put seats in there they never sold them to the unwashed masses.

You need to pull some favors to get the seats but well worth them. Seen Ray Romano, ICE T and a few others there, with a 145 ticket price and 25 yard line first 3 rows they are money seats. With all the firings last week I am sure Jets now have some family VIP seats opening up.

Daughters have to marry rich. Broke Dick Mezz A and LLEZ folk aint getting you comped at your future inlaws golf course or hotel chain.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    psl money is dead money. anyone including myself who has paid a psl or paying on one the money is as good as gone. you cant dwell on this.

the most important part of the psl is the price of the actual game day tickets and parking fees. not being able to control increases is scary.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    psl money is dead money. anyone including myself who has paid a psl or paying on one the money is as good as gone. you cant dwell on this.

the most important part of the psl is the price of the actual game day tickets and parking fees. not being able to control increases is scary.
    It is all about seat selections. LGL Row one for instance has a 7.5K PSL but in secondary it goes for a lot. Where else in NFL is row one on the tenth yard line only $130 a ticket. The PSL goes for a lot as the value is a lot, both in secondary and in taking clients.

The PSL for Mezz Goal line is the same but ticket price is outrageous and you are like 40 rows back from field. So in secondary market PSL is worth less

Lower Level, Low Price PSL, Closest to Field and 50 yard line seats all still sell for in secondary at a profit.

Obviously the elevation is not ideal, cameras can get in way and hard to see otherway downfield. But if one was worried about PSL resale you should have bought there. If you bought soley for your personal preference PSL resale should not concern you.

29150 2 Lower Level Goal Line 109 1 5 - 6 All $49,900
    35381 3 Lower Level Goal Line 117 1 7 - 9 All $120,000
    35382 2 Lower Level Goal Line 117 1 10 - 11 All $100,000
    36069 4 Lower Level Goal Line 143 1 7 - 10 All $64,000
    36080 4 Lower Level Goal Line 117 1 3 - 6 All $68,000

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alkrotraz, your knowledge on this stuff is unreal. Are you sure you're not a broker or a dealer?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is all about seat selections. LGL Row one for instance has a 7.5K PSL but in secondary it goes for a lot. Where else in NFL is row one on the tenth yard line only $130 a ticket. The PSL goes for a lot as the value is a lot, both in secondary and in taking clients.

The PSL for Mezz Goal line is the same but ticket price is outrageous and you are like 40 rows back from field. So in secondary market PSL is worth less

Lower Level, Low Price PSL, Closest to Field and 50 yard line seats all still sell for in secondary at a profit.

Obviously the elevation is not ideal, cameras can get in way and hard to see otherway downfield. But if one was worried about PSL resale you should have bought there. If you bought soley for your personal preference PSL resale should not concern you.

29150 2 Lower Level Goal Line 109 1 5 - 6 All $49,900
    35381 3 Lower Level Goal Line 117 1 7 - 9 All $120,000
    35382 2 Lower Level Goal Line 117 1 10 - 11 All $100,000
    36069 4 Lower Level Goal Line 143 1 7 - 10 All $64,000
    36080 4 Lower Level Goal Line 117 1 3 - 6 All $68,000
    My dilemma is that I always have preferred a higher row in the lower bowl, notwithstanding the lower resale value. I love the perspective from the high 20's - low 30's in the lower bowl. I previously had row 14 seats in Giants Stadium for a couple of seasons and hated it compared to high 20's. Oh well. I'm not in it for profit. As long as my seats sell to games I can't attend or choose not to attend, I'm fine.