Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Why the Jets aren't starting Tebow...

  1. #1

    Why the Jets aren't starting Tebow...

    My theory is that he has more trade value as a mystery than he would if he played and played poorly. His season with Denver is the body of work that will determine his trade value.

    Think we'll get a fourth for him?

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    My theory is that he has more trade value as a mystery than he would if he played and played poorly. His season with Denver is the body of work that will determine his trade value.

    Think we'll get a fourth for him?
    Thats as good a reason as any. Very plausible.

    lets NOT show the world he sucks.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,021
    After we get our new 1, Mc Elroy will be 2 or 3.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    My theory is that he has more trade value as a mystery than he would if he played and played poorly. His season with Denver is the body of work that will determine his trade value.

    Think we'll get a fourth for him?
    I'd think the opposite. The fact we dont think enough of him to let him start even one game lowers his value. I have been saying it for a few weeks now. If you want Tebow off the team they have to start him. You can't start crap like McElnutts over him then expect him to have more value

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    My theory is that he has more trade value as a mystery than he would if he played and played poorly. His season with Denver is the body of work that will determine his trade value.

    Think we'll get a fourth for him?
    It tells me that Rex NEVER wanted Tebow to begin with. Tebow was forced on him.

    I also do not think the Jets will get much of anything for Tebow. Maybe a 7th rounder?

  6. #6
    Can't start someone at QB, when they have no viable replacement for the punt protector. Sorry Tebow.

  7. #7
    People have no clue what they are talking about. I bet money Tebow will have a stronger market this year than last year.

    Maybe not as a starter but as a back up. There are now 4 additional teams running the spread option in the NFL with more to come this year. None of these teams have a spread option QB as a back up.

    Panthers back up is Derek Anderson. If Cam goes down, he can't run that offense.
    Matt Flynn can't run Seattle's offense either. Tebow could. He might be picked up here sooner rather than later if he is cut now and Seattle makes the playoffs.
    SF 49ers will trade Smith. Colin K needs a back up.
    Redskins have Kirk, but something tells me he will be traded because some team will be sold on him already. RG3 has already shown he goes down, and the Redskins are going full out with the spread option. so they will need a back up too.

    That's 4 I can think of right there, in addition to the Jaguars and any of the other sorry teams that might want to take a chance on him.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    People have no clue what they are talking about. I bet money Tebow will have a stronger market this year than last year.

    Maybe not as a starter but as a back up. There are now 4 additional teams running the spread option in the NFL with more to come this year. None of these teams have a spread option QB as a back up.

    Panthers back up is Derek Anderson. If Cam goes down, he can't run that offense.
    Matt Flynn can't run Seattle's offense either. Tebow could. He might be picked up here sooner rather than later if he is cut now and Seattle makes the playoffs.
    SF 49ers will trade Smith. Colin K needs a back up.
    Redskins have Kirk, but something tells me he will be traded because some team will be sold on him already. RG3 has already shown he goes down, and the Redskins are going full out with the spread option. so they will need a back up too.

    That's 4 I can think of right there, in addition to the Jaguars and any of the other sorry teams that might want to take a chance on him.
    If Tebow was content on being a backup QB, then he wouldn't be requesting a trade.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    If Tebow was content on being a backup QB, then he wouldn't be requesting a trade.
    He came here to be a back up. I think he'd be more willing to be a back up in a spread option offense with starting QB's who are more prone to injuries.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,851
    The Jets aren't starting Tebow because they would like to stop turning the ball over so much. They don't need another QB who excels at turnovers and three-and-outs as the last one.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    He came here to be a back up. I think he'd be more willing to be a back up in a spread option offense with starting QB's who are more prone to injuries.
    There are strong indications that he was told he'd have a more prominent role in the offense, and would start if Sanchez was injured/benched.

    Obviously, that didn't happen.

    Tebow wants to start or have a chance to compete for a starting QB job somewhere. He has no intention to be a backup.

  12. #12
    They aren't starting him because they think he is a lousy QB for the offense they have and the OC has done a horrendously terrible job of integrating him into the existing offense despite his pre season bluster.

    Tebow had potential value for this team if they actually did what they said they were going to do and use him in an intelligent fashion and use him enough. They bailed out on the number for snaps he was given and the plays he was given sucked sewer water.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    There are strong indications that he was told he'd have a more prominent role in the offense, and would start if Sanchez was injured/benched.

    Obviously, that didn't happen.

    Tebow wants to start or have a chance to compete for a starting QB job somewhere. He has no intention to be a backup.
    Well outside of Jacksonville, he's not going to have too many options so I think he will take what he can.

  14. #14
    I remember all camp jets had " big plans" for tebow but it had to be kept "Secret"-was the big plan wasting money on a guy you were not ever going to play while at the same time lying to the guy saying he would be the number two and given a chance to play if sanchez sucked(which he did) and be the replacement if sanchez was pulled

    rex and company in addition to displaying some awful coaching showed even less class as well

    I got no problem with them thinking tebow sucks but why bring him in and pay him and lie to both him and the fans-both deserve better

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Well outside of Jacksonville, he's not going to have too many options so I think he will take what he can.
    I agree with you.

    I was just stating what Tebow's mindset has been since Denver signed Peyton Manning. The guy thinks he's a viable starter that can win in this league, due to him taking the Broncos to the playoffs last year and winning a playoff game.

    The rest of the free world thinks otherwise, mind you. But you can't fault Tebow for believing he can start.

  16. #16
    the Jets obviously don't want to run a read option, wildcat or whatever else offense. And McElroy is starting because he's better. that's all

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    the Jets obviously don't want to run a read option, wildcat or whatever else offense. And McElroy is starting because he's better. that's all
    so why was he not dressed during the most important game of the season?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post

    I got no problem with them thinking tebow sucks but why bring him in and pay him and lie to both him and the fans-both deserve better
    I don't think they lied. From Day 1 they have said he is the BACKUP quarterback. And he MAY get up 20 plays per game. the media just whipped up a QB controversy story and too many fans believed it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    so why was he not dressed during the most important game of the season?
    That's the biggest question. Did they want to tank?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    so why was he not dressed during the most important game of the season?
    sorry what I meant was Jets don't want to run a read option NOW. no point with tebow leaving

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us