Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What I Would Do at QB For 2013

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't want anything to do with Bray.

The kid is a total douchebag and has had his commitment to the game called into question. I'm not in favor of drafting any QB who doesn't eat, sleep and breathe football.
    The kid has some maturity issues but if you can get in the 4th round it is worth a shot. He has first round type size and arm strength and would be good value in the 4th round.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am really liking Kurt Cousins. He has shown excellent poise as a rookie, has a plus arm and is pretty accurate. Now I know the redskins drafted him as insurance for RG III in case he gets hurt but its also a possibility that they drafted him as a trade chip for draft picks.

How about offering them Revis and a second for Cousins and a 1st?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I am really liking Kurt Cousins. He has shown excellent poise as a rookie, has a plus arm and is pretty accurate. Now I know the redskins drafted him as insurance for RG III in case he gets hurt but its also a possibility that they drafted him as a trade chip for draft picks.

Why not throw in Holmes, Cromartie and Wilkerson too?

Why on earth would the Skins trade Cousins for any reasonable amount knowing how injury-possible RGIII is?

Overpaying for another teams 1-game-wonder is so SOJ I'm suprised Cousins isn't starting for us Sunday in exchange for our next 4 years #1 picks....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Why not throw in Holmes, Cromartie and Wilkerson too?

Why on earth would the Skins trade Cousins for any reasonable amount knowing how injury-possible RGIII is?

Overpaying for another teams 1-game-wonder is so SOJ I'm suprised Cousins isn't starting for us Sunday in exchange for our next 4 years #1 picks....
    Obviously you didnt read my entire post...I know he is an insurance policy. But at the same time its possible that he can be used as a chip to trade for more draft picks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    My old friend, I am VERY flexable on the "who" in 2013.

As I have said many times over the years, I am not a minor-league football fan, and hence lack detailed knowledge and must rely on other sources for my college player preferences.

I'm not concerned with tghe who, per se. But the what.

1. Not a 1st Rounder. Continue to build the rest of the roster. We're not in position to get one, and they cost too much for too long, and tie you to them (usually) for 3-4 full years. In a year on non-elite options, thats too much. They also, when you have nobody on the roster, engender FAR too much pressure to "play them now", the worst thing possible.

2. Top end Accuracy is a must.

3. Excellent decision maker, prefer turnover-limiting not turnover-prone. Pre-snap read is of the utmost importance.

4. Needs 3-4 years of experience, has staying and growing power.

5. Physical traits: Adequate size, quick release, doesn't need a rocket but can make the throws.

Offer him to Arizona for a Conditional 7th round pick and offer to pay a meaningful portion of his money.

They take that in a heartbeat, I guarantee it, and we get a huge cap relief.
    I agree with the plan but bold edited the credentials. That's what I'd do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Or....the Jets could just draft their own "Kurt Cousins" in the 4th round, and not have to over pay and pull off some unrealistic trade.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Or....the Jets could just draft their own "Kurt Cousins" in the 4th round, and not have to over pay and pull off some unrealistic trade.
    unrealistic? Sorry but I disagree...they need a corner BAD the Skins have the worst secondary in football. Revis would fit perfectly for them.

That being said I will be honest with you I am not too familiar with these QBs coming out but it seems quite thin. Who did you have in mind?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at Logan Thomas and EJ Manuel. Both are horrific. FSU would be playing for a national championship if they still had Ponder.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big arm. One of the least accurate passers Ive seen this year. Watched about 5 VT games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The redskins dont have a first round pick this year.

Cousins seems like a good find, based on his one game, so trading revis for him would probably be considered pretty risky.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

unrealistic? Sorry but I disagree...they need a corner BAD the Skins have the worst secondary in football. Revis would fit perfectly for them.

That being said I will be honest with you I am not too familiar with these QBs coming out but it seems quite thin. Who did you have in mind?
    Well for starters, the Redskins do not have a first round pick next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on how things go over the next two games, I think this may be the best plan moving forward on offense.

Cut Sanchez and Tebow
    Start McElroy
    Resign Edwards and Slauson
    Draft QB, WR, TE, RB

Go to war with Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, Hill, Powell, McKnight, the draft picks, and most of the existing OL.

If McElroy belongs in this league, he'll make something happen.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Who cares, what's above the shoulders?
    Nothing...that's the problem with him. His decision making is horrible and his accuracy is suspect. In a nutshell he is more athletic version of Sanchez. PASS

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The kid has some maturity issues but if you can get in the 4th round it is worth a shot. He has first round type size and arm strength and would be good value in the 4th round.
    love Bray's arm. def worth a shot

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Depending on how things go over the next two games, I think this may be the best plan moving forward on offense.

Cut Sanchez and Tebow
    Start McElroy
    Resign Edwards and Slauson
    Draft QB, WR, TE, RB

Go to war with Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, Hill, Powell, McKnight, the draft picks, and most of the existing OL.

If McElroy belongs in this league, he'll make something happen.
    I think this is an excellent overall plan. If there is any portion of sanchez's contract we can eat (5-6 million) and trade him for anything at all, lets do it and start from scratch.

Use our first round pick on an OLB

2nd round - QB
    3rd round - OG

Remaining rounds find a TE, RB, BPA

Have mcelroy start the season, if he does ok, then great. If he doesnt, then after 3-5 games the rookie takes over.

I dont like "tanking" a season, but we truly need to purge a lot of what is happening here and 1 year of HARD pain is better then 5 years of 8-8.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think this is an excellent overall plan. If there is any portion of sanchez's contract we can eat (5-6 million) and trade him for anything at all, lets do it and start from scratch.

2nd round - QB
    3rd round - OG

Have mcelroy start the season, if he does ok, then great. If he doesnt, then after 3-5 games the rookie takes over.

I dont like "tanking" a season, but we truly need to purge a lot of what is happening here and 1 year of HARD pain is better then 5 years of 8-8.
    +1 to that plan, although I'd really like to see a WR picked within the first 3 rounds

Again, all of this future planning is pointless without a legitimate offensive coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

2nd round - QB
    3rd round - OG

The most that the Jets can "eat" in a trade is 3.9 mill. The team trading for Sanchez would be responsible for the balance of the 8.25 million. BUT even in that scenario there would still be a 12 million dollar hit to the Jets cap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't want anything to do with Bray.

The kid is a total douchebag and has had his commitment to the game called into question. I'm not in favor of drafting any QB who doesn't eat, sleep and breathe football.
    Talent wise Brey may be the 3rd best guy but he screwed himself because of this. He will not come out this year because he will need to repair his rep 1st. Sadly he'd get the Mallett effect and would be a 4th at best because he'd be seen as a cancer straight out of school.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez and Tebow both must go. If Sanchez is here as a back-up in 2013, it's going to create a whirlwind of ****.

McElroy's final two games will be interesting to say the least. If he fares well he'll be competing with a veteran and a rookie for that starting job. Rookie wise I could see Tyler Wilson in the second round as an option, however, it depends on the veteran added. If they were to add a Michael Vick, I highly doubt that they would invest a second round pick in a QB, especially if McElroy performs well. If the veteran is Matt Moore or Jason Campbell though, then, well, they very well could.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Sanchez McElroy, and Tebow all must go. If Sanchez is here as a back-up in 2013, it's going to create a whirlwind of ****.

McElroy's final two games will be interesting to say the least. If he fares well he'll still suck cancer balls. Rookie wise I could see Tyler Wilson in the second round as an option, however, it depends on the veteran added. If they were to add a Michael Vick, I highly doubt that they would invest a second round pick in a QB, especially if McElroy sucks enough so we can trade him for a bag of chips. If the veteran is Matt Moore or Jason Campbell though, then, well, they very well could.
    fixed