Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: What I Would Do at QB For 2013

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    fixed
    I'm no McElroy fan.

    But why not see how he plays (or fails) in the next two games before we rush to judgement?

    We literaly have nothing to lose.

  2. #62
    Warfish:

    No way you cut Sanchez the team can not afford the extra 4 mill charge against the cap. Just to get 11 mill in cap room, the jets have to cut, Pace, Scott, Pouha, and both Smiths. You cut Sanchez that money is now 7 mill for 11 open spots (over and above the 7 draft picks)

    IMO the jets should get a retread Moore/Henne/Campbell/Garrard and build the oline back to a real strength. If a guy like Mallet drops to the 3rd, great he sits for a year behind the retread and the young players on the oline. In 2014 the young qb has had two TC, two off seasons and is ready to step in behind a rebuilt line that will allow some room for development.

    you draft a kid and Moore, Slauson and Howard leave in FA, the kid will die back there.

  3. #63
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm no McElroy fan.

    But why not see how he plays (or fails) in the next two games before we rush to judgement?

    We literaly have nothing to lose.
    I know a QB coming out of College this next draft who fits all the criterias u listed, is fearless, a drop back pocket passer with great accuracy who has an OK arm but a quick release. A really nice kid who has been taught by 1 of the best QB coaches in football.


    2009 5/0 34 50 .680 330 4 2 31
    2010 12/11 285 464 .614 3,131 14 17 70
    2011 12/12 282 434 .650 2,891 14 11 70
    Total 29/23 601 948 .634 6,352 32 30 70
    Last edited by Tinstar; 12-19-2012 at 11:12 PM.

  4. #64
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Sanchez is untraceable and uncutable because of his contract.

    It's not just the $8mm bonus, it's his absurd cap number. Moving him would mean even more dead money.

    This is one of the worst contracts I've ever heard of to be honest.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I know a QB coming out of College this next draft who fits all the criterias u listed, is fearless, a drop back pocket passer with great accuracy who has an OK arm but a quick release. A really nice kid who has been taught by 1 of the best QB coaches in football.


    2009 5/0 34 50 .680 330 4 2 31
    2010 12/11 285 464 .614 3,131 14 17 70
    2011 12/12 282 434 .650 2,891 14 11 70
    Total 29/23 601 948 .634 6,352 32 30 70
    Are ya keeping it a secret?

    Seems like 32 tds and 30 picks isnt a great ratio

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm no McElroy fan.

    But why not see how he plays (or fails) in the next two games before we rush to judgement?

    We literaly have nothing to lose.
    We already have enough cancerous ass wholes on this team. I'll pass on having one as our QB as well. He can rot in hell for all I care. If I'm in that locker room I wouldn't even look at him.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Well for starters, the Redskins do not have a first round pick next year.
    LOL oh well so much for that! To be honest I just dont like this crop of QBs coming out this year. It realy looks like the Jets might take a look at Vick. Not my choice for QB but Rex apparently loves him. So as long as Rex has a job it look inevitable to happen.
    Last edited by JoePNYJ1; 12-20-2012 at 09:27 AM.

  8. #68
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Solid plan, although I have no knowledge of these particular rookie quarterbacks.

    I agree that we should draft two quarterbacks and go into the season with a young and inexperienced unit. No more retreads or failed veterans. I wouldn't be opposed to Matt Flynn, but I don't see a realistic/inexpensive way of getting him.

    I disagree with cutting Ducasse. Both of the starting OG are free agents, and I think his overall level of play has definitely improved. He's young and cheap, he'll certainly have value on the roster.

    Bottom line ... I want to see offense, offense, and more offense in this draft. It's 2013, offensive records are falling left and right, a team needs consistent offensive production in order to compete.
    This. Also, I'd keep Greene if he isn't too expensive. He's actually playing better of late under the new blocking scheme.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    This. Also, I'd keep Greene if he isn't too expensive. He's actually playing better of late under the new blocking scheme.
    I pass on Greene he can't break a tackle to save his life.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I pass on Greene he can't break a tackle to save his life.
    I've been the biggest Greene supporter and even I say you can't bring him back. Powell is pretty much the same guy IMO. I'd love to see more Mcknight but that isn't going to happen for some reason. Our best bet is to trade for a RB. Take a late rounder and look at guys like Fred Jackson or McFadden. I really think either one could be had cheap.

  11. #71
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I've been the biggest Greene supporter and even I say you can't bring him back. Powell is pretty much the same guy IMO. I'd love to see more Mcknight but that isn't going to happen for some reason. Our best bet is to trade for a RB. Take a late rounder and look at guys like Fred Jackson or McFadden. I really think either one could be had cheap.
    I agree with everything except for Jackson and McFadden. Both are capable of being great RBs but both have bad wheels with chronic injuries. We have little cap space so to use those precious resources on oft-injured players, no matter how cheap, would not be a good idea IMO.

  12. #72
    Fact is, noone knows how to assess how a QB's talents will project in the pros because talent evaluators whiff on this position more than anyone. Warner, Brady, Montana were misses. You're talking about three MAJOR talents that teams passed on at least 3 times (Montana) and the others more than that. It's not like these guys couldn't play in college. The reason is most likely that intangibles can't be measured. You never know, so give the better, we'll adjusted players a chance. McElroy could end up being better in games than in practice. All I know is we're long overdue to hit on a great one.




    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Drafting Smith or lol Sachez II: Barkley, is not worth what it will take to aquire them. They're simply not remotely good enough prospects for a 1st Round Selection.



    Sure you can. Draft them, draft them regularly, and recycle them regularly if they do not show you they posess the required potential. You get three QB spots on most teams for a reason you know.



    Like Sanchez?

    Forgive me if I no longer trust the "best prospects" in an already weak QB Class year. Thats how you wind up with a Mark Sanchez, out far too early, exposed as a complete bust after 4 years of being the worst statistcial QB over that time, and yet tied to him because he was a high 1st rounder, and you don't get the flexabillity to sinply cut those.

    Put a different way, the NY jets will not solve their QB problem in 2013. Period. There is no available option that is "the answer".

    What there are are cheap options, and expensive, overpriced, high-round options. I'd rather burn a 4th on a QB in 2013 than a 1st.

    It's the "draft the best prospect and have to draft a QB noaw!" folsk who put the jets into this mess with Sanchez, I prefer not to repeat their gross misjudgement again. At least missing on a 4th or 5th does not cripple you for 4 full seasons. They can be discarded on a moments notice if a real prospect appears.

    I also prefer these folks, becasue I (for one) am tired of short plucky QB's. I want a QB who is 6'5" with an NFL body and abillity to scramble, break tackles, and run as well as throw.

    Now, I'm no college expect, so maybe these specific gusy aren't the answer, thats fine. But find me a 3rd or 4th (or lower) pick QB who is 6'5" 240 or bigger, with an NFL arm, and Modern NFL legs, even if he is a "project".

    We're in rebuild on O now. We can afford a project. We cannot afford another overhyped 1st rounder who'll tie down the #1 QB position for 4_ years no matter how much he sucks donkeycock.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Fact is, noone knows how to assess how a QB's talents will project in the pros because talent evaluators whiff on this position more than anyone. Warner, Brady, Montana were misses. You're talking about three MAJOR talents that teams passed on at least 3 times (Montana) and the others more than that. It's not like these guys couldn't play in college. The reason is most likely that intangibles can't be measured. You never know, so give the better, we'll adjusted players a chance. McElroy could end up being better in games than in practice. All I know is we're long overdue to hit on a great one.
    But that is why you need to keep drating qbs. The problem is we change our leadershp and system so much that its hard to develop anyone.

    Look at GB, during the tenure of their 2nd best franchise QB, they developed both matt hassleback and aaron rogers (both have played in a pro bowl and super bowl), and when rogers took over drafted and developed matt flynn. Flynn and hassleback returned draft picks for them.

    We need that philosophy....keep mac here, draft someone in teh 2nd or 3rd round and give them an offensive mind like jeff tedford to work with.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us