Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Disingenuous Rex Ryan

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL; you have no credibility here; your savior f*cked our season.
    So you think that Tebow, who barely played, ruined our season. and I have no credability? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Your finest post. I'm glad I read it.

Why thank.you kind mod, sir

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Tuesday's replace Monday's required presser when there's a Monday game like this week

I find this whole thread disingenuous

We didn't like Parcells Pressers because he didn't give honest answers...

Same with Groh Edwards Mangini and now Rex

They are forced to meet with the press by the league

They are not required to give honest answers about anything.

Rex is more honest than Parcells Belicheat or Mangini in that he sometimes gives accurate injury info...those others never did

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    *We* loved Parcell's PCs because he absolutely was straight up and frank about the team, how they played. He said what he thought.

Rex's next honest statement will be his first.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    No, no no. First of all, if you're comparing BB to Rex, please. BB is one of, if not the, greatest HCs of all time. He can do whatever he wants. He's earned it. Or stole it. Regardless, he has it. Rex hasn't won a division title yet.

If Rex ran a presser like BB, I'd have no problem with it. My problem with Rex is that he is disingenuous, and it makes him sound like a fool. Or a politician. It's absurd.
    This is correct. BB simply doesn't give answers. Which I would be okay with.

Rex lies, and he lies about non-sense it's almost like he's pathalogical.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm comparing Rex to every single Head Coach in the NFL.

None of them are honest. Noen of them are forthright. All of them use alot of words (ro a few words) to say nothing.

SOJF is SOJF.

When Rex talks, he gets lambasted. When Rex uses standard-issue Coach-speak, he's lambasted.

Make up your minds ffs.

I'd disagree with who sounds like a fool right now.

I dunno. Only a fool would use a specific example as point of comparison and then immediately deny the comparison.

SOJF is SOJF. And they are always right.

Rex wants it both ways. Gregarious and open except about matters of importance. Then he is vague and evasive to the most simple question.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing about these pressers is that in my mind you cannot be revisionist or go back on what you said previously. He has repeatedly said that 'Mark gives us the best chance to win.' when it was apparent to everyone and their cat that this was not the case at least 3 or 4 games ago (for the diehard sanchez fans that is.)

He has to wear those comments. He has to wear that comments excusing Wayne Hunters terrible play last year and early this year. He has to wear his comments about Tebow being the back up Qb earlier in the year.

He has to wear his comments about how good shotty was.

He has to wear his comments about our Rb's and guys like Eric Smith.

He has made grossly over supportive comments about Sanchez and he has to wear that. If he wants to say nothing like Belihchick then say nothing like Belichick. But he isn't like Belichick, he does say things and he has to wear those comments or be thought to be either stupid or a liar.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    What I found bizarre was why would Rex not come out and say "the season is pretty much over in terms of the playoffs and we'd like to evaluate what we have in McElroy. Mark and Tim are known commodities, we'd like to see Greg get some real game experience and see how he does."

How hard would that have been?
    Well done. You're hired.

To be Rex's Press Agent...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    too much anger around here for me

Looking forward to Sunday and the dawning of the GMAC era for the NYJ

GO JETS

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    So you think that Tebow, who barely played, ruined our season. and I have no credability? HAHAHAHAHAHA.
    You gloss over "BARELY PLAYED"; as if it was a mere oversight. Jon Gruden wondered about #15; what he was doing out there.

Pffft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forget the Belichick comparison, you need to actually pay attention to 90% of the coaches in this league.

Hell, Harbaugh is pretty much right there with Belichick.

All of these coaches say nothing. It really suggests you're retarded if you think otherwise. Or even want it.

Some of you are pathetic though... Give you enough time and you'll find reasons to ***** about anyone. I guess it goes with human nature. "Familiarity breeds contempt"

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Forget the Belichick comparison, you need to actually pay attention to 90% of the coaches in this league.

Hell, Harbaugh is pretty much right there with Belichick.

All of these coaches say nothing. It really suggests you're retarded if you think otherwise. Or even want it.

Some of you are pathetic though... Give you enough time and you'll find reasons to ***** about anyone. I guess it goes with human nature. "Familiarity breeds contempt"
    Is that you're excuse for being such a nasty a-hole all the time?

Disagree with jetsfan1983 = retarded. Got it. Thanks for stopping by.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    This is correct. BB simply doesn't give answers. Which I would be okay with.

Rex lies, and he lies about non-sense it's almost like he's pathalogical.
    EXACTLY. I laugh at the people who says "look at BB press conference".

One thing is being a jerk to the media and giving the least information you can.

Another is insulting the intelligence of our team and fans by saying complete lies and completely sounding delusional. Rex is so out of touch with our team (especially our offense) is not even funny.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4734345]No, no no. First of all, if you're comparing BB to Rex, please. BB is one of, if not the, greatest HCs of all time.

Listen young man get a clue, BB is a damn good coach, no doubt Yet, lets see just how good he is going to be without T Brady under center. Take it to the bank, if the Jets had a Brady for the last four years, Jets fans would think Rex was the second coming. So don't confuse a great QB as a great HC

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that you're excuse for being such a nasty a-hole all the time?

Disagree with jetsfan1983 = retarded. Got it. Thanks for stopping by.
    No... People can have differing points of views regarding different things. There are plenty of topics I see both sides to. This one is just dumb though.

This point of view suggests a real lack of knowledge. It's being spouted by someone who clearly doesn't pay attention to the rest of the league and watch other coaches' press conferences and media dealings.

Whether it was Mangini, Herm or whoever, it was *****ing about the same stuff.

Basically, everyone's pissed that the team isn't good, but some of you focus on dumb things.

And about the equally retarded "Belichick wins super bowls so he's allowed to say nothing" argument, do you really think he was honest and forthcoming before he won a super bowl???? No.. He always said nothing. It's just the way it has to be.

Stop worrying about dumb stuff.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No... People can have differing points of views regarding different things. There are plenty of topics I see both sides to. This one is just dumb though.

This point of view suggests a real lack of knowledge. It's being spouted by someone who clearly doesn't pay attention to the rest of the league and watch other coaches' press conferences and media dealings.

Whether it was Mangini, Herm or whoever, it was *****ing about the same stuff.

Basically, everyone's pissed that the team isn't good, but some of you focus on dumb things.

And about the equally retarded "Belichick wins super bowls so he's allowed to say nothing" argument, do you really think he was honest and forthcoming before he won a super bowl???? No.. He always said nothing. It's just the way it has to be.

Stop worrying about dumb stuff.
    Please tell me why Rex could not just say the following:

We will compete over the next two weeks and we will be evaluating everyone with an eye towards who wants to remain a Jet.

I am starting Greg McElroy on Sunday because he has earned the chance to start a regular season game, but more importantly because I want to see him in live action to properly evaluate him.

His starting is not an indictment and/or statement about Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez or their future with the team. Those players have track records, McElroy does not.

Period. End of story. No BS. And you answer the "why not Tebow" question.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    What I found bizarre was why would Rex not come out and say "the season is pretty much over in terms of the playoffs and we'd like to evaluate what we have in McElroy. Mark and Tim are known commodities, we'd like to see Greg get some real game experience and see how he does."

How hard would that have been?
    exactly. it wouldn't be the truth, the whole truth, but that would have been acceptable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please tell me why Rex could not just say the following:

We will compete over the next two weeks and we will be evaluating everyone with an eye towards who wants to remain a Jet.

I am starting Greg McElroy on Sunday because he has earned the chance to start a regular season game, but more importantly because I want to see him in live action to properly evaluate him.

His starting is not an indictment and/or statement about Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez or their future with the team. Those players have track records, McElroy does not.

Period. End of story. No BS. And you answer the "why not Tebow" question.
    First of all, I watched the press conference today and that is basically what Rex said although the correct answer to your question is that it really doesn't matter what he tells the media. I know it sucks for us as fans but it really doesn't matter. What he tells the media will not make the team any better or worse.

It's the same reason why I don't get people caring so much about his super bowl guarantees. Funny it turns out that our two best years happened to be the two years Rex talked the most.

Just doesn't matter what's said to the media. Actions speak louder than words anyway.

It's pretty clear what his thoughts are just based on his actions. He doesn't see Tebow as a long term answer. He seen Tebow as a Brad Smith who happened to play QB instead of WR.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    too much anger around here for me

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, I watched the press conference today and that is basically what Rex said although the correct answer to your question is that it really doesn't matter what he tells the media. I know it sucks for us as fans but it really doesn't matter. What he tells the media will not make the team any better or worse.

It's the same reason why I don't get people caring so much about his super bowl guarantees. Funny it turns out that our two best years happened to be the two years Rex talked the most.

Just doesn't matter what's said to the media. Actions speak louder than words anyway.

It's pretty clear what his thoughts are just based on his actions. He doesn't see Tebow as a long term answer. He seen Tebow as a Brad Smith who happened to play QB instead of WR.
    I think the point we're making is he lies when he doesn't have to. Say nothing like the BB's of the world, but don't lie about things the entire football watching population knows to be false. Honestly it's insulting.

Also, both his actions and words said that he believed Mark Sanchez gives them the best chance to win.

If he honestly believed that then he really shouldn't be a HC in the NFL
    If he didn't believe that then he started Sanchez for very cynical and self serving reasons - and should be fired.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone listen to this press conference? I simply do not understand why this man (and this organization) has to be so evasive about every single question of pertinence.

Rex wants it both ways. He is an open book when it comes to everything except the issues that matter. The script is old. He cannot articulate his rationale for his decisions beyond saying he "feels" it is the right decision.

Make no mistake. It's his call, and his alone. And he is the one person responsible. Expect when he benches his qb or fires his OC. Or doesn't start his million dollar backup QB.

Say what you mean, or say nothing, Rex. This middle ground of positioning is complete BS and you sound like a moron.
    Isn't Belichick the same way?