Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you play with fire, you get burned...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

If you play with fire, you get burned...

If Rex Ryan gets fired in a couple of weeks, he shouldn't wonder why. If Rex had chosen to bench Sanchez much sooner, I believe the Jets would have been in the playoffs this season. All they really needed was a guy who wouldn't turn the football over. Sanchez was just the opposite.

Sanchez averaged over his 61 regular season games as a pro 1.4 turnovers per game. Yet Rex chose to have this completely insanely idiotic LOYALTY to some kid that clearly did not deserve it.

If Rex manages to survive and keep his job, his stubborn and loyal to a fault nature will ultimately be the reason he gets fired.

I want Rex back. I think he's a very good HC if he's given the talent. I just don't know if all the damage he allowed Sanchez to do will force Woody's hand?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be surprised if he got fired but you know that people will call Sanchez a coach killer when in reality it is as you say. He had every chance to mitigate the damage by going with a different QB. He chose not to. The fail is on him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    If Rex Ryan gets fired in a couple of weeks, he shouldn't wonder why. If Rex had chosen to bench Sanchez much sooner, I believe the Jets would have been in the playoffs this season. All they really needed was a guy who wouldn't turn the football over. Sanchez was just the opposite.

Sanchez averaged over his 61 regular season games as a pro 1.4 turnovers per game. Yet Rex chose to have this completely insanely idiotic LOYALTY to some kid that clearly did not deserve it.

If Rex manages to survive and keep his job, his stubborn and loyal to a fault nature will ultimately be the reason he gets fired.

I want Rex back. I think he's a very good HC if he's given the talent. I just don't know if all the damage he allowed Sanchez to do will force Woody's hand?
    Rex's mistake, possibly Mike T's, was not building a team around him like 2010. mark clearly disappointed but the removal of Cotch, Braylon etc... injury to Keller and simple lack of an offensive plan is what , IMO put us in this spot.

Not sure why...but I would give him one more year. He hates failure and perhaps has learned. He needs a REAL offensive mind on his team that is almost his equal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Rex's mistake, possibly Mike T's, was not building a team around him like 2010. mark clearly disappointed but the removal of Cotch, Braylon etc... injury to Keller and simple lack of an offensive plan is what , IMO put us in this spot.

Not sure why...but I would give him one more year. He hates failure and perhaps has learned. He needs a REAL offensive mind on his team that is almost his equal.
    I pretty much agree with your sentiments. Rex should get one more season and that is based solely on what he did for the team in 2009 and 2010. Sanchez should be done for sure. In fact, if he's still on the team next season and the Jets choose to play him, the fallout would be murder.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

No, not at all. Their mistake was not having a viable out if the guy did not improve or went south like he has done.

By using the 'get him weapons' 'build around him' comments you are automatically excusing every **** Qb in this league. "If only they would have built around Harrington, carr, couch, akili smith....etc)

The way Sanchez has played this year they could have had Jerry rice and randy moss in their primes and the jets would be marginally better because he simply can't get the ball to the players, has always been inacurate and turns it over.

If the Jets had gone out and got a viable backup QB to compete with sanchez and not given him a foolish extension when he did nothing to deserve it they would have been in a p-layoff position now more than likely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No, not at all. Their mistake was not having a viable out if the guy did not improve or went south like he has done.

By using the 'get him weapons' 'build around him' comments you are automatically excusing every **** Qb in this league. "If only they would have built around Harrington, carr, couch, akili smith....etc)

The way Sanchez has played this year they could have had Jerry rice and randy moss in their primes and the jets would be marginally better because he simply can't get the ball to the players, has always been inacurate and turns it over.

If the Jets had gone out and got a viable backup QB to compete with sanchez and not given him a foolish extension when he did nothing to deserve it they would have been in a p-layoff position now more than likely.
    The Buc's went out and got Josh Freeman, Vincent Jackson,Dallas Clark and Doug Martin and their still 6-8 coming off a 41-0 blow out last week.. Some QB's just fail like Suckchez..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the front office is idiotic ! they went after asamuogha for some strange reason instead of trying to get a decent rush LB. then to compound the issues they rework contract and still don't get asamougha.

then they go after manning... no beef for that but miss out and make nice with Sanchez by giving a undeserved contract . It's like dating an ugly girl who used to be hot and when you try to flirt with a hot girl and get rejected - instead of getting flowers and chocalate to make up you propose to the damn girl!

if the ineptitude of these moves which were questioned by a lay person were not recognized by them is unacceptable!

we would have cut Sanchez and moved on but now you got 2 kids a mortgage and can't divorce cuz you knocked her up.

IM furious !

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    they deserve to be fired all of them !

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The Buc's went out and got Josh Freeman, Vincent Jackson,Dallas Clark and Doug Martin and their still 6-8 coming off a 41-0 blow out last week.. Some QB's just fail like Suckchez..
    Yeah but they have a rookie head coach and a bad defense. If the jets brought in Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin was our RB, I guarantee we'd have atleast 9-10 wins.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Yeah but they have a rookie head coach and a bad defense. If the jets brought in Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin was our RB, I guarantee we'd have atleast 9-10 wins.
    The Buc's haven't beat one winning team this year and even lost to the Eagles.. Sad to say but Sanchez has been a broken QB since the Raven's killed what ever confidence he had in 2011..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    IN THE PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!

Come on man.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if we had not made the Tebow move and Drew Stanton was the backup if Rex would have pulled the plug sooner... will never know but yet another way the Tebow move bit us in the *ss

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTime View Post
    I wonder if we had not made the Tebow move and Drew Stanton was the backup if Rex would have pulled the plug sooner... will never know but yet another way the Tebow move bit us in the *ss
    Have you seen Stanton Play?? He has career stats of 5 tds and 9 picks

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you seen Stanton Play?? He has career stats of 5 tds and 9 picks
    Not saying he is good, purely speculating that if the backup were not Tebow it may have made Rex's decision easier... people in this thread are killing him for not making a move and I feel the presence of Tebow (and what comes along with that) was a big part of the reason (example: Tebow hurt, Sanchez pulled)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTime View Post
    Not saying he is good, purely speculating that if the backup were not Tebow it may have made Rex's decision easier... people in this thread are killing him for not making a move and I feel the presence of Tebow (and what comes along with that) was a big part of the reason (example: Tebow hurt, Sanchez pulled)
    I think Rex was way too loyal to Mark and from what he saw in practice GMac was much better then Tebow.. Bringing in Tebow was a lame move by Woody for back page space to take focus off the Giants.. Really stupid way to run a NFL team..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Rex was way too loyal to Mark and from what he saw in practice GMac was much better then Tebow.. Bringing in Tebow was a lame move by Woody for back page space to take focus off the Giants.. Really stupid way to run a NFL team..

Which is why we should have no faith the right moves will be made in the future

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

I agree, I like Rex but his misguided loyalty here was very harmful and so ridiculous that it's very to consider bringing him back. As you stated he cost this team the season. Once you make decisions this poorly and this impactful it's hard to ever trust him again.

Does he get fired next year when he shows loyalty to someone else and cost the team the season? Cut your losses and move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I applaud Rex for staying with Sanchez. The Jets tried to grab a franchise QB to stabilize this team for years. Sanchez doesn't look like that guy but that's not a good enough reason to try and squeeze into the playoffs with a crappy team at the expense of the teams future.

We drafted the wrong guy and didn't do a very good job developing him. The HC has a rebuilding mediocre team that might have been able to get a playoff loss based on an incredible easy schedule and a crappy confrence.

I can't blame Rex for trying to do the right thing. I blame Tanny and him for drafting the wrong guy and giving him two crappy OC's with no plan but not for staying with him to long for a backup quality QB who might have won us an extra game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I though Rex hand picked Sparano to run his ground and pound

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    [/B]
    Which is why we should have no faith the right moves will be made in the future
    Only if you think Woody can't learn from his mistakes..