Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: New Story: Where's the Consistency? Keep Rex Ryan.

  1. #1
    All Jets 24/7
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    JI Land
    Posts
    1,815
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post New Story: Where's the Consistency? Keep Rex Ryan.

    Florham Park, N.J.: The Jets organization is at a crossroads. The team has so many perceived problems, there is not one solution that will guarantee the team with be on the straight and narrow towards a playoff birth for next season. You have heard it all in the past few days: Fire Rex Ryan, fire Tony Sparano, fire Tannenbaum, pay Mark Sanchez and let him walk, etc.

    But in all likelihood, 'blowing it up' will not happen. The cleaning house process is a long shot, as the Jets brain trust will not admit they were wrong about everything only four...

    More...

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember Denver killing the Josh McDaniels experiment a year and a half in. That worked out pretty well for them.

    Tanny has been in charge for 7 years. Rex has been coach 4 years. In nfl terms, that is more then enough time.

    And after Tanny's 7 years and Rex's 4, this franchise is in the worst shape it has been since Kotite. They have run it into the ground.

    End of story. Get rid of both of them.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too tired to read the whole article, but I agree that starting over is not the answer and for me that includes the qb.

  4. #4
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone seriously think that Rex can turn this thing around? Seriously?

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex has ran this franchise to the ground. He stuck with Sanchez when it was clear after the Miami game he was done. Doesn't cut Bart Scott, who is the biggest cancer on the team, and etc. Dolphins let Sparano go after last years start and and Philbin has them looking toward the future with a decent team.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

    And after Tanny's 7 years and Rex's 4, this franchise is in the worst shape it has been since Kotite. They have run it into the ground.

    End of story. Get rid of both of them.
    I have to question your sanity at this point, because you say the same damn sh1t every single thread

    How is this franchise run into the ground, considering they were in the playoff hunt right until week 15

    Perspective, my man. The QB is terrible, other than that we're close

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    The QB is terrible, other than that we're close
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA. You think that besides qb, this team is "close"? and MY sanity is being questioned?

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I have to question your sanity at this point, because you say the same damn sh1t every single thread

    How is this franchise run into the ground, considering they were in the playoff hunt right until week 15

    Perspective, my man. The QB is terrible, other than that we're close
    RB: Greene is one dimensional and is not starting caliber.
    WR: We had nothign at receiver, until Tanny waits until week 15 to sign Braylon and the receiving core is still horrible.
    OL: Moore, Slauson, and potentially Howard need to go.
    Line backers: Do I even need to say it?

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA. You think that besides qb, this team is "close"? and MY sanity is being questioned?

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

    Riddle me this....If Jay Cutler is the Jets QB, are we in the playoffs this year?

    Even without revis and Holmes, we are a playoff team

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Riddle me this....If Jay Cutler is the Jets QB, are we in the playoffs this year?
    No. He is turn-over machine with Marshall, let alone this team.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I remember Denver killing the Josh McDaniels experiment a year and a half in. That worked out pretty well for them.

    Tanny has been in charge for 7 years. Rex has been coach 4 years. In nfl terms, that is more then enough time.

    And after Tanny's 7 years and Rex's 4, this franchise is in the worst shape it has been since Kotite. They have run it into the ground.

    End of story. Get rid of both of them.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    there is a reason the steelers have the most successful franchise in the NFL. They have had 3 head coaches the last 43 years. Consistency

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I have to question your sanity at this point, because you say the same damn sh1t every single thread

    How is this franchise run into the ground, considering they were in the playoff hunt right until week 15

    Perspective, my man. The QB is terrible, other than that we're close
    Mathematically, yes they were in the playoff hunt.
    How so? By squeaking out wins against horrible teams and then finally losing to a horrible team

    Do you honestly believe this is a playoff caliber team? Which playoff bound team would not blow them away? I would argue that they are closer to KC, Jax, Cleveland than they are to any playoff team.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    there is a reason the steelers have the most successful franchise in the NFL. They have had 3 head coaches the last 43 years. Consistency
    So what you are saying is the Jets should stick with a bad coach simply or consistency.

    Was anyone saying the same thing when Mangini was fired? No because he wasnt likeable.

    How about sticking with Kotite? Shouldnt we have stuck with him for consistency after all we had gone through 2 coaches in 2 years prior to Kotite.

    When the coach is part of the problem, you get rid of him.
    The problem with the Jets starts up top. The owner, front office and coaching staff. They all stink. Cant get rid of the owner. So get rid of the rest.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    So what you are saying is the Jets should stick with a bad coach simply or consistency.

    Was anyone saying the same thing when Mangini was fired? No because he wasnt likeable.

    How about sticking with Kotite? Shouldnt we have stuck with him for consistency after all we had gone through 2 coaches in 2 years prior to Kotite.

    When the coach is part of the problem, you get rid of him.
    The problem with the Jets starts up top. The owner, front office and coaching staff. They all stink. Cant get rid of the owner. So get rid of the rest.
    All I'm saying is consistency is the key. If you want to keep starting over, you will not see results. Conjure up anything you want, but it's clear.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    All I'm saying is consistency is the key. If you want to keep starting over, you will not see results. Conjure up anything you want, but it's clear.
    So the Jets should have kept Kotite.

    Consistency is good when you have a good head coach in place. Rex is not a good head coach. He is Kotite with a good personality. He is incompetent. He does not know how to hold players accountable. Hes to busy trying to be their friends.
    No thanks thats not the consistency i want for our team

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    So the Jets should have kept Kotite.

    Consistency is good when you have a good head coach in place. Rex is not a good head coach. He is Kotite with a good personality. He is incompetent. He does not know how to hold players accountable. Hes to busy trying to be their friends.
    No thanks thats not the consistency i want for our team
    That's fine.

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    there is a reason the steelers have the most successful franchise in the NFL. They have had 3 head coaches the last 43 years. Consistency
    Correction: Consistently good coaching, one doesn't necessarily imply the other.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    Correction: Consistently good coaching, one doesn't necessarily imply the other.
    The point being is that we need consistency from top to bottom. It was a generalized statement. That's all I said. I don't care who the coach is.

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    The point being is that we need consistency from top to bottom. It was a generalized statement. That's all I said. I don't care who the coach is.
    I don't disregard the value of consistency. But when the regime in place has demonstrated ineptitude, there isn't much sense in maintaining just for the sake of consistency. In fact if the Jets would ever get a regime in place that was adept at building and maintaining a winner we would've had consistency.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us