Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Story: Where's the Consistency? Keep Rex Ryan.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    I don't disregard the value of consistency. But when the regime in place has demonstrated ineptitude, there isn't much sense in maintaining just for the sake of consistency. In fact if the Jets would ever get a regime in place that was adept at building and maintaining a winner we would've had consistency.
    Again, I agree with this. I was just simply stating that consistency is what we need. If its not Rex then so be it. But start putting things into motion

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Again, I agree with this. I was just simply stating that consistency is what we need. If its not Rex then so be it. But start putting things into motion
    We are in agreement. I just believe putting things in motion needs to include ownership. The SOJs is alive and well and will continue as long as they're run by incompetent ownership which has been this organization's legacy. That is the rootcause of the revolving door on sweeping GM's and coaching staffs in and out evry 3-4 years. The process always starts with ownership, and IMO will never develop properly until the right ownership is in place. Unfortunately.

You want to keep this incompetent clown?

@MMehtaNYDN: Doesn't sound like there was flexibility in Jets plan re: Tebow on 3rd drive. If Sanchez led 2td drives, Tebow would have still been in #nyj

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    You want to keep this incompetent clown?

@MMehtaNYDN: Doesn't sound like there was flexibility in Jets plan re: Tebow on 3rd drive. If Sanchez led 2td drives, Tebow would have still been in #nyj
    You're a "read-between -the-lines" type; it was almost obvious to me that Rex is letting Tebow hang himself. I am sure that Rex is furious that he's got to play the guy, AND all these impatient fans screaming TEEBOWWW...for an emotional guy like Rex, that has to hurt after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You're a "read-between -the-lines" type; it was almost obvious to me that Rex is letting Tebow hang himself. I am sure that Rex is furious that he's got to play the guy, AND all these impatient fans screaming TEEBOWWW...for an emotional guy like Rex, that has to hurt after a while.
    No its obvious to me ever since the 49ers game that Rex needs to go...That is unless you like 9-7...He, his staff and his team were outcoached, unprepared and manhandled that day...And the thing is it happened again at home vs Miami and NE...And this happening to a guy who claims his team will be tough, "take a swipe at one of us and we'll take a swipe at two of yours"...

His shelf life as a Jets HC is over...Time to clean house..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I remember Denver killing the Josh McDaniels experiment a year and a half in. That worked out pretty well for them.

Tanny has been in charge for 7 years. Rex has been coach 4 years. In nfl terms, that is more then enough time.

And after Tanny's 7 years and Rex's 4, this franchise is in the worst shape it has been since Kotite. They have run it into the ground.

End of story. Get rid of both of them.
    This is what needs to happen - I agree with you.

As far as continuity at the Head Coach position, that only works if you have a good HC. Rex Ryan is NOT one. Is continuity so important that we should've kept Mangini longer than 3 years? Should we have stuck with Herm Edwards, Pete Carroll, Rich Kotite, Bill Parcells or Eric Mangini? Actually, in the past 18 years the only HC who lasted as long as Rex Ryan is Herm Edwards. How did that work out?

It's ludicrous to keep a crappy HC for "continuity" unless you want continual mediocrity.

The reality is that Rex Ryan has not grown or improved during his years as HC. He's gotten worse every year. He doesn't learn from his mistakes. In fact, he never admits to making any mistakes. He stubbornly sticks with what hasn't worked. He exhibits very little creativity and an inability to modify his game plan as needed during actual games. What the h3ll makes you think another year will change that?

It's also getting old hearing that Rex is a "defensive genius". A defensive genius knows offensive plays too because he has to defend against those offensive plays. A good head coach doesn't decide to play Tebow on the 3rd series before the game has even started. That's a good example of his rigidity and failure to adapt to what's actually occurring on the field.

Rex is all talk, but his actions speak louder than words. I hope the fans AND Woody Johnson wake up and recognize the difference between hot air and fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I am sure that Rex is furious that he's got to play the guy, AND all these impatient fans screaming TEEBOWWW...for an emotional guy like Rex, that has to hurt after a while.
    That's the difference between Rex Ryan and a coach like BB. Well, apart from the fact that BB had the sense not to work for Woody. BB would have found a spot for him and built some packages around him. I wouldn't put it past him to pick up Tebow and use him right, just to thumb it in the collective NYJ face.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    there is a reason the steelers have the most successful franchise in the NFL. They have had 3 head coaches the last 43 years. Consistency
    The Jets consistency has been picking crappy coaches and gm's. Parcells was brought in to make a Super bowl run not build a championship franchise. The rest were just bad. They did the same with Rex. Mortgaging the future to win now has this team screwed. Over paying for players that would not start on 99% of the teams in the NFL, is the issue.

It's time to rebuild, which will take 3-4 seasons. Time to release the dead wood. Trade Revis, Harris and any player that will earn us draft picks over the next 2 seasons is a must. Holding on to these players will only prolong the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    The Jets consistency has been picking crappy coaches and gm's. Parcells was brought in to make a Super bowl run not build a championship franchise. The rest were just bad. They did the same with Rex. Mortgaging the future to win now has this team screwed. Over paying for players that would not start on 99% of the teams in the NFL, is the issue.

It's time to rebuild, which will take 3-4 seasons. Time to release the dead wood. Trade Revis, Harris and any player that will earn us draft picks over the next 2 seasons is a must. Holding on to these players will only prolong the rebuild.
    Woody doesn't want to rebuild. He wants a ring. There have been articles written about him saying that to Tanny.

Francesa has also stated how Woody always wants a high profile QB too. Hence Favre and trading up for Sanchez. And of course the Tebow trade, although he isn't a QB.

Consistency for the Jets will only mean continued failure. You will only change this dysfunctional culture by ridding it of the clowns that run it.