Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Braylon still pretty good or are other offensive players that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    betcha two hobbits he balls this weekend. Funny thing is - i have no idea who we're playing.

It's been that kind of season.
    The Chargers with Mr. Derp-Herpity-Derp Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I was a HUGE Braylon fan, I still am. You have to give him credit for playing his ass off but he will NOT be our #1, 2 or 3 next year. At best #4
    Oh really?

Who's going to beat him out?

HILL? Still too raw.

Gilyard? Schillens?

You can bank on it that Braylon and Tone will be on the field together 90% of the time(at least) next season IF the Jets re-sign BE for one year.
    Last edited by Vin; 12-19-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Oh really?

HILL? Still too raw.

Gilyard? Schillens?

You can bank on it that Braylon and Tone will be on the field together 90% of the time(at least) next season IF the Jets re-sign BE for one year.
    or maybe clyde gates.

^ Oh yes! Let's not forget the IMMORTAL Clyde Gates.

The Chargers with Mr. Derp-Herpity-Derp Rivers.

Oh really?

HILL? Still too raw.

Gilyard? Schillens?

I would take Mr. Derp-Herpity-Derp in a second on this team.

Jets MUST add another WR to this roster. Believe what you want Vin, Braylon is not going to make an impact on this team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Basically, Braylon elevates his level of play in a Jets jersey. Oh, also, the other wide receivers on the active roster, save for Kerley, are terrible.
    We likely will find that Sanchez made these guys look much worse than they really are.

Edwards can obviously still play and has chemistry with Suckchize. FU Tanny for not signing him last Summer when we coulda had him for a nothing contract. We'd probably still be in the playoff hunt and Sanchez still the starter.

He looked really good the other night... frankly, should have been on the roster since start of year. they could have brought him back at a reasonable price.....

He's got off the charts physical ability - when healthy.... he comes a decent price... he can handle playing in NY.. likes Rex... elite college prospect.. big play ability.... red zone target.. can block.....

Kerley is nice no.3 and Hill is developing..

I would take Mr. Derp-Herpity-Derp in a second on this team.

Jets MUST add another WR to this roster. Believe what you want Vin, Braylon is not going to make an impact on this team.
    I'm not saying the Jets shouldn't add another WR but who would the Jets conceivably go after that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get? You understand?

I, too, agree that the Jets should go get more weapons for the offense but we don't know who would be available that's both useful and *affordable*. Plus, knowing the Jets, they'd probably fuk up again and give big money to a FA receiver who turns out to be not the receiver we thought he would be.

That is why keeping Braylon around is a better idea. At least we know what he can give us(most of it....Good) and he won't cost much.

Whether he makes an "impact" or not makes no difference. He's a Better WR on this team than ANYONE not named Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    We likely will find that Sanchez made these guys look much worse than they really are.
    So that would mean we should expect Braylon to light it up with Greg throwing the ball to him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    A guy that basically couldnt find a roster spot walks on the field and is automatically our #1 receiver. What does that say?
    Well, Braylon seems to be energized by being a Jet. That's part of it. The other part is his chemistry with Sanchez. Let's see how he does with McElroy. Edwards also brings a dimension the other wr's don't have. He's tall, fast, AND makes big plays. Hill is only tall and fast right now.

I'm not saying the Jets shouldn't add another WR but who would the Jets conceivably go after that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get? You understand?

I, too, agree that the Jets should go get more weapons for the offense but we don't know who would be available that's both useful and *affordable*. Plus, knowing the Jets, they'd probably fuk up again and give big money to a FA receiver who turns out to be not the receiver we thought he would be.

That is why keeping Braylon around is a better idea. At least we know what he can give us(most of it....Good) and he won't cost much.

Whether he makes an "impact" or not makes no difference. He's a Better WR on this team than ANYONE not named Holmes.

So that would mean we should expect Braylon to light it up with Greg throwing the ball to him.
    He's not going to be the Jets #1, or #2, or #3 THAT'S WHAY I'M SAYING
    Jets signed him 2 years too late.

We'll see, Dimitri.

(hey! I made a rhyme! )

who's going to be the #1 and #2 then? holmes and hill?

^ Dimitri has YET to answer that question, NIKE.

I wonder why?