Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: vick says he would play for the jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Vick would play for anyone at this point.. He cant read defenses, Hasn't won anything, and is not a good quarterback.

Veteran
    Vick is Sanchez 2.0, just older and for more money.

If Vick comes ... I will freaking lose my **** .... He is done. He does not possess the tools had in his prime.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    if same people are here, very good chance vick is the QB next year. jsut fits with what they do
    This

All Pro
    Personally I would pass though

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS View Post
    Vick would play for anyone at this point.. He cant read defenses, Hasn't won anything, and is not a good quarterback.
    Anyone who actually watches Vick play and says he's a good QB should never be allowed to comment about football ever again.

He's so bad it's comical.

23 INT 20 fumbles in 22 games... yeah, he's great.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It doesn't matter who we get as a QB - this board will divide up into factions and constantly war with each other all ****ing season long.

Jets Insider VIP
    No to Vick

No to Pickchez

Gmac is DaMan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    if same people are here, very good chance vick is the QB next year. jsut fits with what they do
    what do they do?

He will just be a faster version of our wildcat. And he is injury prone. McElroy would fill in again

I wouldn't 100% be against this because I think Vick if protected can still be at least an average player and does have the dynamic with his legs that can make big plays too. The Eagles o-line was really bad this year, but Vick also contributed to the problems with terrible ball security and poor decision-making. That said, we run a waaaaaaaay different offense than the Eagles, Vick won't be dropping back 40-50 times a game on the Jets. That in itself would eliminate a bunch of the turnovers.

If Rex brings in Vick to start next year, I'll probably take a year off from watching Jets football.

We're trying to eliminate the turnovers not replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    No to Vick

No to Pickchez

Gmac is DaMan

I actually agree with you, let the jets suck next year and get a premium pick

now there is a huge reason to chear on Greg.. and hope he has 2 monster weeks....

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Not to mention Andy Reid's insistance on throwing on every down no matter the circumstance or how well the running game is working.

If you force Vick to pass 35 times a game, he is not the QB for you, but in the Jets system where he won't be asked to put up 4500 yards passing, I think he could make an excellent choice.

PLus you would never need to pull the QB to run the wildcat.

Would obviously prefer to draft the next Luck or RG3, but not sure that is a possibility in this years draft.

If we have learned anything by now, it's that mental midgets with questionable character at QB get you nowhere.

This is a big No!

I say yes to Vick.

Cut Sanchez, keep Tebow and sign Vick. Tebow backs up Vick and run a similar offense.

Vick can win in the league, has and can again if he can stay relatively healthy. Not saying he's great but if you're going to take the huge Sanchez cap hit - Vick is a reasonable 1 year replacement until you draft a new starter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I actually agree with you, let the jets suck next year and get a premium pick
    Speaking of sucking your one man team is approaching football old age rapidly

Good luck with strong armed weak brained Ryan Leaf Mullett

Up to now I've thought that Jets mgt was stupid. If they bring in Vick then I will know that they are mentally retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I say yes to Vick.

Cut Sanchez, keep Tebow and sign Vick. Tebow backs up Vick and run a similar offense.

Vick can win in the league, has and can again if he can stay relatively healthy. Not saying he's great but if you're going to take the huge Sanchez cap hit - Vick is a reasonable 1 year replacement until you draft a new starter.
    Add a decent running back and this would work.

Vick is the one player I would stop being a fan of the Jets. I will wish bad things on this organization if they even pursue this douche!!