Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vick says he would play for the jets.

vick says he would play for the jets.

Veteran
    No thanks , ill pass

Banned
    great idea -- a turnover machine almost of Pickchez caliber with a 47 million dollar payment due 2 days after the end of the season (and a very high character guy to boot)

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    great idea -- a turnover machine almost of Pickchez caliber with a 47 million dollar payment due 2 days after the end of the season (and a very high character guy to boot)
    due by the eagles. if they release him the jets negotiate an entirely new contract next year if they choose to do so.

i never said i was for this or against it.

Yeah eat up MORE cap with another LOSER who can't break 60% completion percentage ever and even worse can't stay healthy at all.

No.

Suck it up. Deal with being irrelevant for a bit until you actually get somebody on board to run this show who understands how to draft.

Banned
    no problem

put me down as against it

we have enough trouble with ball security and turnovers at the present time

All Pro
    I am not a big fan of building the offense around the skill set of a player like Vick. He's also damaged goods, the next hit may be his last.

if same people are here, very good chance vick is the QB next year. jsut fits with what they do

All League
    No thank you.

I bet if you were to poll 100 Jet fans. Strike that. 100 knowledgeable Jet fans. My guess is less than 10 would want him here.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Yeah eat up MORE cap with another LOSER who can't break 60% completion percentage ever and even worse can't stay healthy at all.

No.

Suck it up. Deal with being irrelevant for a bit until you actually get somebody on board to run this show who understands how to draft.
    Exactly right. We have too many holes for a quick fix. That approach would be another expensive Jet blunder.

Let's start with a great GM who hires a competent HC/leader for our franchise. Then, let's plan out a strategy.

I don't blame all of Vicks failures on himself. That OL is one of the worst. Who can succeed taking 8 sacks a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I bet if you were to poll 100 Jet fans. Strike that. 100 knowledgeable Jet fans. My guess is less than 10 would want him here.
    i think the number may be more fans are just so sick and tired of sanchez they would basically take anyone but him.

All Pro
    No Thanks , but a desperate Woody might like the spotlight.. Beware?

He's a Jet.

It's done!!

It's just what we do as an inept organization..

and inept organizations do inept things so the obvious conclusion is the starting QB for the New York Jets next season is Michael Vick..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i think the number may be more fans are just so sick and tired of sanchez they would basically take anyone but him.
    for a guy who "wasn't for it or against it" your sure sounding like a guy FOR IT

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    if same people are here, very good chance vick is the QB next year. jsut fits with what they do
    This. I still get the urge to heave every time I think of the Tebow, Burress, and Favre circuses. This would be more of the same.

for a guy who "wasn't for it or against it" your sure sounding like a guy FOR IT
    im basically for anyone but sanchez. thanks

Veteran
    The day they sign Vick, I'll start rooting for the Browns until he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I don't blame all of Vicks failures on himself. That OL is one of the worst. Who can succeed taking 8 sacks a game?
    Not to mention Andy Reid's insistance on throwing on every down no matter the circumstance or how well the running game is working.

If you force Vick to pass 35 times a game, he is not the QB for you, but in the Jets system where he won't be asked to put up 4500 yards passing, I think he could make an excellent choice.

PLus you would never need to pull the QB to run the wildcat.

Would obviously prefer to draft the next Luck or RG3, but not sure that is a possibility in this years draft.