Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: vick says he would play for the jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Michael Vick no go

We are going from one turnover machine to another and he wants more than we pay Sackhese. Wrecks, if still the HC next year, wants a game manager and if we are going to pay that much, we should go with someone who does it best, Alex Smith, and not damaged goods like Vick. If we can't get Smith, then McElroy will have to do for next season. Quality FA QBs are not going to flock to the Jets, the circus show of the NFL. We may get FAs from the arena league, CFL, and the defunct UFL. The power of a regular pay check is a strong motivator.
    Last edited by Stillafan; 12-19-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO!

Pretty much the only player more polarizing than Tebow. That he's come out publicly and said this scares me since Woody Johnson is naive (DUMB) enough to sign him- unless he's a dog lover.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The very idea that this Dog-Killer would be the Jets QB would be a P.R. NIGHTMARE for Woody.

I know he wants the Jets to get the Backpages and attention but I don't think he would want *THAT* kind of attention...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    And if the Jets start next season 4-0 with Vick, you would still not root for them?
    No. If they sign Vick, I am done with the team. I don't care if he goes 16-0. I can't stand the man, and would be a move the reeks of desperation.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they sign Vick i will kidnap him and feed him to my Pit Bull!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we sign Vick, I'm done with this team. I won't pay my PSL payment.

That will be the last straw.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This would be a typical Woody move. Would not be surprised in the least.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does everyone assume this would be a long term investment if it happened? He's going to be 33 at the beginning of the next year.

One of the most popular scenarios I've read on this board is to sign a veteran QB and to draft a QB in rounds 2-4 and let him develop for a year or 2. Well, whether you like the guy or not as a person, outside of Alex Smith, Vick will be the best veteran QB available.

I can understand people not wanting him on the team due to his off field past, but as a stop gap QB, you could do a hell of a lot worse.

I'll have to see how the off-season unfolds before I say Yay or Nay on this idea, but I don't see it happening regardless.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    If we sign Vick, I'm done with this team. I won't pay my PSL payment.

That will be the last straw.
    Same here. The organization can sue the both of us, haha.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I'm a dog lover and think Vick is a piece of sh*t.

But he's still an upgrade over Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Untouchable,

DOG S**T is an upgrade over Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    For all of you that say you would be done with jets etc is it simply because of Vick's off the field arrest? Does no one believe that a person can truly be rehabilated and deserves a second chance? I work in South Jersey and hear alot of Philly radio and while Vick on the field has not played well at times, from all accounts he has been so honest and forthright off the field about his mistakes, and how he has learned from them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    For all of you that say you would be done with jets etc is it simply because of Vick's off the field arrest? Does no one believe that a person can truly be rehabilated and deserves a second chance? I work in South Jersey and hear alot of Philly radio and while Vick on the field has not played well at times, from all accounts he has been so honest and forthright off the field about his mistakes, and how he has learned from them.
    I'm opposed to Vick not just b/c of his off-field history, he's done. Vick is nowhere near as fast as he was the first few years he was in the league and defenses know exactly how to defend him now plus he's made of glass.

If the Jets trade for Vick after trading for Tebow this org is sooooo lost it's not even funny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Vick's also a walking turnover machine just like Sanchez. Ofcourse Vick would go from having McCoy, Bryce Brown, Desean Jackson, Maclin, Celek to the scrubs we have. He'd be injured or benched by week 4.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Absolutely not. What Vick did was not a one time thing. This wasn't a one time lack of judgement. This was a life style that he felt was perfectly normal. The only reason he is remorseful is because he needs to be in the NFL.

He is not worthy on my fandom. I would probably stop watching the NFL if Vick becomes a Jet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing Vick was sorry about was getting caught.

And he wasn't just killing animals, he was torturing them. There is a difference and the "do you eat meat" argument doesn't equate.

I hope he keeps playing so he can keep getting concussions. God works in strange ways.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would seriously consider not watching NFL football next season if Vick was signed.

Hell....even if Braylon was re-signed, I'd still not watch if Vick was a Jet throwing to him...

That's how much I DON'T want Vick on the team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
    Jets should do it. And resign Tebow.

Line Sanchez up at wideout. Tebow at tight end. Vick under center. Run some sort of hybrid Sparano/Reid offensive scheme. We can have three guys looking confused and hearing footsteps in the same play.

The number of INTs, sacks, and fumbles would be epic.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This right here!

If we're gonna be bad, let's have some fun out there.

Line up Tebow, Sanchez, and Vick in the backfield and have all three of them play QB at the same time.

If we don't know what the hell we're doing on offense, we might as well confuse the defense as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell yeah, sign him up. Sounds like I'll be able to buy some cheap tickets and watch the games in person!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The only thing Vick was sorry about was getting caught.

And he wasn't just killing animals, he was torturing them. There is a difference and the "do you eat meat" argument doesn't equate.

I hope he keeps playing so he can keep getting concussions. God works in strange ways.
    there's no excusing torture of any animals but there is hypocrisy in the varying level of outrage culturally. I don't know if you're religious but if you make it to church for xmas, take a look and count how many old ladies wearing fur coats you see around. why is torturing and killing 30-100 animals to make a jacket okay for a lot of people? or for the circus to electrocute and beat elephants and other exotic animals so that they run around and jump through hoops. what makes one form of animal exploitation more socially acceptable than another? do you think vick comes from a place where they give a damn about a dog?