Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Saban suggesting he wants NFL action...

Nick Saban suggesting he wants NFL action...

You know the drill.

Discuss.

All Pro
    We could only dream. I would let Rex go to get Saban that's for sure

Jets Insider VIP
    He failed and jumped ship just a few years ago. Do we want a guy like this?

can you post a link? all I see is a lot of I love Alabama in news

Saban was 15-17 with the Dolphins, but this was also a Dolphins team that recently lost Ricky Williams and had a banged up Reggie Bush, alongside no Quarterback. Then again, it was under Saban's watch that Miami turned down the option of Drew Brees. Then again, McElroy would be given a real shot.

I'm curious, but not calling for him.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8759904

Here's the link I got. I think Colin has it right. He's dominated the NCAA. He wants a bigger challenge and I think he wants to change his NFL legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Then again, it was under Saban's watch that Miami turned down the option of Drew Brees.
    That's not true. They chose Drew over Dante. However, Drew failed the Dr's physical.

This would devastate the Patriots drafting philosphy

Undrafted Free Agent
    Living in South Florida I experienced with joy the sorry tenure of the man who "won't be the coach of Alabama" during his Dolphin stay.

The man is so smarmy and disgusting he reminds me of John Edwards.
    He's a tin-plated dictator with delusions of godhood.

He will lie to your face and get up in your grill while doing it.

He set the Dolphins back, please keep him away from the Jets.

He was an abject failure in the NFL once already.

He's a douche and a liar and a cheat.

He sure is a great minor-league football coach tho, that much is true.

If anyone thinks Saban is better for the Jets than Rex, please think again. Saban is not an NFL coach. His style does not translate to millionaires. It translates to 18, 19, 20 year olds who want to make it to the NFL. He is best in college, simple as that

Jets Insider VIP
    Saban.

No.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ignore this beast.

Whatever his merits, there's a zero chance that Saban comes to the Jets.

1) He'd never work for such a dysfunctional organization, even if Woody kicks Tannenchez from here to Timbuktu the day after the season ends.

2) Saban is a very close and old friend/crony of Belichick. I'd be very surprised if he'd want to lose his ability to swap ideas with him. If he comes to the NFL, I'd see him going anywhere but the AFC East and probably to the NFC.

And, BTW, I don't think that the HC is the problem. My only issues with Rex are his hiring of Soprano and his loss of control of the Locker Room last year. But I don't boot him because of those things, as long as he fires Sparano's sorry ass in two weeks.

He stuck with the Sanchize because the organization was stuck with him salary and cap wise. That all ends up in the lap of Tannenbaum for giving him that ridiculous extension.

Rex is also right to see what he's got in McElroy; Tebow's strengths and weaknesses are already known and, IMO, he never should have been brought onboard to begin with.
    Last edited by NYCFan; 12-19-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Saban.

No.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Ignore this beast.
    +1, plus LOL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by littleeddiebell View Post
    Living in South Florida I experienced with joy the sorry tenure of the man who "won't be the coach of Alabama" during his Dolphin stay.

The man is so smarmy and disgusting he reminds me of John Edwards.
    He's a tin-plated dictator with delusions of godhood.

He will lie to your face and get up in your grill while doing it.

He set the Dolphins back, please keep him away from the Jets
    Woody needs no help setting this franchise back. He 's doing a great job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    He was an abject failure in the NFL once already.

He's a douche and a liar and a cheat.

Same exact thing coukd be said about Belicheat.

If and when Saban returns to the NFL, it will be with a team with a good QB already on the roster. So count the Jets out.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

1. I want no part of Saban

2. The Jets have no QB, no top 5 draft pick and out of every team in the league have one of the bleekest futures.

Noway would a guy like Saban come here. He's going to have plenty of teams after him and plenty of teams throwing big $$$ his way. He would never come to a place where he's set up to fail.

People really have no idea how much of a mess we're in. No big name is picking us. If Rex is fired we can only attract a retread or a rookie coach who has zero experience.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    1. I want no part of Saban

2. The Jets have no QB, no top 5 draft pick and out of every team in the league have one of the bleekest futures.

Noway would a guy like Saban come here. He's going to have plenty of teams after him and plenty of teams throwing big $$$ his way. He would never come to a place where he's set up to fail.

People really have no idea how much of a mess we're in. No big name is picking us. If Rex is fired we can only attract a retread or a rookie coach who has zero experience.
    one of the bleakest futures? what info do you have that others don't to know this team is in such a mess? pretty sure teams can get turned around pretty fast in this league. wow, are this positive about things all the time?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    one of the bleakest futures? what info do you have that others don't to know this team is in such a mess? pretty sure teams can get turned around pretty fast in this league. wow, are this positive about things all the time?
    NO QB!!! That's all we need to know about our future. Of course teams get turned around. They get them turned around with a franchise QB. Like Indy and Washington have.