Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Nick Saban suggesting he wants NFL action...

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,191
    Sleazier even than Belichick...

    Want proof

    While still the HC of the Dolphins Sleazeball Nick called up his buddy Sleazeball Bill in Sucksboro and told him that he was going to get the Bama job and that he thought Beli should grab up Wes Welker in the off-season after he was gone.

    Sold out his employer to an opposing teams HC

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Same exact thing coukd be said about Belicheat.

    If and when Saban returns to the NFL, it will be with a team with a good QB already on the roster. So count the Jets out.
    What is wrong with taking over a team that won 3 games before he took over and was one of the oldest teams in the league. His record was 6-10, 7-9, 7-9 and then 11-5 and the playoffs. It is not right to count the last year when the team quit when in sept the city voted down the bond and Modell made arrangements to move, the team quit, the coaches quit and the city quit.

    Remember this was before regular FA, all there was to build was the draft and discipline. The public hated him because he benched Kosar, the home town hero. The media hated him because unlike Carson he did not let them have any kind of access. He was the first coach to limit access and he was hated for it, now 25% of NFL coaches limit access to the media.

    Belichick did plenty of things wrong in Cleveland but he learned his lessons. to hear some people speak about his record you would think he won 4 games a year for the 4 years he was there. He was not a Rod Rust or a Kotite

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    If anyone thinks Saban is better for the Jets than Rex, please think again. Saban is not an NFL coach. His style does not translate to millionaires. It translates to 18, 19, 20 year olds who want to make it to the NFL. He is best in college, simple as that
    +1000

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sleazier even than Belichick...

    Want proof

    While still the HC of the Dolphins Sleazeball Nick called up his buddy Sleazeball Bill in Sucksboro and told him that he was going to get the Bama job and that he thought Beli should grab up Wes Welker in the off-season after he was gone.

    Sold out his employer to an opposing teams HC

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    SG3, c'mon there has to be rules about posting complete fabrications. Saban left in January. FA did not even begin until 6 weeks later and the pats did not trade for him until March 5th, more than 2 months later.

    We understand you hate the pats, but this was weak, you could have at least done a little research to make it sound better.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,191
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    SG3, c'mon there has to be rules about posting complete fabrications. Saban left in January. FA did not even begin until 6 weeks later and the pats did not trade for him until March 5th, more than 2 months later.

    We understand you hate the pats, but this was weak, you could have at least done a little research to make it sound better.
    My point remains correct

    Sleazeball Nick told Sleezeball Bill WHILE STILL THE DOLPHIN HEAD COACH thathe was leaving for Tuscaloosa and that Beli should get get Welker the TEAM HE WAS COACHING to another team when he was safely gone

    Two sleazeballs
    Two cheaters
    Two peas in a pod

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    My point remains correct

    Sleazeball Nick told Sleezeball Bill WHILE STILL THE DOLPHIN HEAD COACH thathe was leaving for Tuscaloosa and that Beli should get get Welker the TEAM HE WAS COACHING to another team when he was safely gone

    Two sleazeballs
    Two cheaters
    Two peas in a pod

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    And you would say hosannas every day for a month if either ever considered the jets as a destination.

    And Did Saban stop the dolphins from signing him long term before FA? Was Welker some kind of a secret after leading the team in receptions catching balls from Harrington who was considered the Sanchez of his day. Do you think anyone in the nfl might offer a 2nd for Kerley after putting up similar numbers for an equally bad qb this year for a 5 year 18 mill contract. Or do you think Rex will call up the ravens and say, hey I got this guy who caught 67 passes this year. You ought to take a look at him.

    What's that? You remember him because he caught 9 passes in one game against you on national television. Well ok, just don't tell anyone else, OK?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    1. I want no part of Saban

    2. The Jets have no QB, no top 5 draft pick and out of every team in the league have one of the bleekest futures.

    Noway would a guy like Saban come here. He's going to have plenty of teams after him and plenty of teams throwing big $$$ his way. He would never come to a place where he's set up to fail.

    People really have no idea how much of a mess we're in. No big name is picking us. If Rex is fired we can only attract a retread or a rookie coach who has zero experience.
    LOL

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    gainesville ga
    Posts
    1,150
    If he wants a challenge let him coach Rutgers.

  9. #29
    little nicky? screw him. he's a bigger carpet bagger than parcells and a bigger schmuck than bellichicken.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Nick Saban is a turd. Great college recruiter but a turd.

    Since you are forced to draft players in the NFL, not recruit them, I'll pass.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    He failed and jumped ship just a few years ago. Do we want a guy like this?
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by littleeddiebell View Post
    Living in South Florida I experienced with joy the sorry tenure of the man who "won't be the coach of Alabama" during his Dolphin stay.

    The man is so smarmy and disgusting he reminds me of John Edwards.
    He's a tin-plated dictator with delusions of godhood.

    He will lie to your face and get up in your grill while doing it.

    He set the Dolphins back, please keep him away from the Jets
    .
    +2

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    He was an abject failure in the NFL once already.

    He's a douche and a liar and a cheat.


    +3

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    If anyone thinks Saban is better for the Jets than Rex, please think again. Saban is not an NFL coach. His style does not translate to millionaires. It translates to 18, 19, 20 year olds who want to make it to the NFL. He is best in college, simple as that
    +4

    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Saban.



    No.
    +5


    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Ignore this beast.
    +6

    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sleazier even than Belichick...



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    +7

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Nick Saban is a turd. Great college recruiter but a turd.

    Since you are forced to draft players in the NFL, not recruit them, I'll pass.
    +?...I lost count

  12. #32
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    632
    How about a Saban and Weis team? Although I don't want Rex gone right now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us