Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Namath: The Jets Are The Joke, Not Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by NYCFan View Post
    He's in Canton, won the only Championship in franchise history and ushered in the "New NFL" by beating the "Old NFL" champion when no one thought the "AFL" teams were worth a hoot and teams like the Patriots were still looking for places to play week to week. In other words, he's an icon in New York and across the league. I don't know a serious football fan anywhere who doesn't respect what Number 12 did in SB III and what "Broadway Joe" still means for the game.

That doesn't mean I think Joe Willie is infallible, just that he has more than earned the right to express his opinion about the Jets as strongly as he wants.

I think he is right that until Woody Johnson fires himself or sells the team (yeah, right, that's gonna happen) this will not be a viable franchise.

Woody bought a big, expensive toy with his daddy's money, doesn't know how to play with it and is breaking it like a two year old demolishes his Christmas presents.

I think Namath is wrong on Sanchez. I don't know how one can look at Sanchez' turnovers and his steady decline over the last two seasons and see anything other than the journeyman, back-up QB that I think he will become. But Namath knows a lot more about being a QB in the NFL than I do.
    Great post. I agree with much of what you have written.

Jets Insider VIP
    I couldn't care less if it was the coaches who ruined Sanchez or if he was simply never that good to begin with.

Bottom line, the kid is f*cking terrible and the time to move on has been long overdue.

I don't care WHY Mark Sanchez stinks. I just know that he stinks and isn't salvageable at this point.

Why continue to beat a dead horse? The kid is finished with this team and most likely finished as a starting QB altogether.

Let's see what McElroy can do.

I'm tired of talking about this puss.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I couldn't care less if it was the coaches who ruined Sanchez or if he was simply never that good to begin with.

Bottom line, the kid is f*cking terrible and the time to move on has been long overdue.

I don't care WHY Mark Sanchez stinks. I just know that he stinks and isn't salvageable at this point.

Why continue to beat a dead horse? The kid is finished with this team and most likely finished as a starting QB altogether.

You complete me.

Agree to an extent, but there's a bigger problem here:

Because we had the Tebow smokescreen all summer and the Sanchez smokescreen all fall, we are not hearing the media questioning the other utter-busts on this team like Tony Sparano, Mike Westhoff, Shonn Greene, Bart Scott, Kyle Wilson, David Harris or any other other responsible parties.

I heard the entire Rex Ryan presser today. It was 80% about Tim Tebow, 10% about Mark Sanchez, 5% Greg McElroy, 5% San Diego Chargers. Because of the Quarterback Smokescreen, the other areas of horror on the team are skating right by, only those deeply engaged with the team seeing what's going on.

SAR I

While the Jets are certainly not a model organization right now, I don't see how anyone could watch Sanchez last night and feel optimistic about his future.

Sanchez is at best a 2nd string QB, that being said alot of teams would love to have a guy like him starting behind a Quality QB for insurance.

I would venture to guess that if Sanchez was backing up Cutler, Manning, Flacco, Brady, Ryan,or Rodgers those teams would be feeling alot better than they do now about their respective backups.

The Jets need to find a way to trade him to one of those type of teams, teams that are real good with great QBs that are on the verge of winning a championship as insurance for there teams.

We send Sanchez over to them pay 5mil of his salary and get a draft pick whatever the pick is !!!

He has gotta go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You can't have a New York Jets quarterback controversy without getting the opinion of Joe Namath. The outspoken Hall of Fame quarterback had some interesting opinions on his former team, which made a quarterback switch this week to third-stringer Greg McElroy.

Namath told ESPN's "Mike & Mike" radio show that he feels sorry for former starting quarterback Mark Sanchez. In Namath's opinion, Sanchez was never given a chance to succeed this year.

"Well, I know he's gotten a bad shake," Namath explained. "I don't think he's had the right kind of coaching. I donít think he's had the right kind of help offensively. It is a team game. I know Mark's looked really bad these last several games and has played poorly. But I do believe he's not as bad a quarterback as he's made out to be or as he's played these last few games."

Namath went on to say that Sanchez "deserves better at this stage." Most of the national criticism has been on Sanchez for committing five turnovers in Monday's loss to the Tennessee Titans. But Namath is one of the few coming to Sanchez's defense.

Namath still believes Sanchez is a viable starting NFL quarterback. Namath just doesn't think the Jets are a viable NFL franchise.

"I think he's going to be around for a long time," Namath said. "I hope for his sake it's not with the Jets."

SAR I
    Joe is contradicting himself. I heard him say this,"If you want the ethnicity, good looking kid, then he's your guy, he was a HUGE reach in the Draft and now we're seeing the limitations".

Sanchez might have not received the best coaching, but one thing stands out in my mind, in 4 years he has never, ever, taken over a game. Where it doesn't matter how bad his OC is, doesn't matter how bad his QB coach is. Where the OC just says..."my guy is on fire, I'm throwing out the game plan, going to just let him wing it".

Sanchez has looked uncomfortable in the pocket all 4 years, never looks in command, never looks like he is able to lead.

He is a bust of epic proportions unfortunately and must be taken off the roster ASAP.

His lack of accuracy negates him ever finding success in the NFL. In fact I've never seen a QB at this level have so much trouble even hitting a screen pass.

Darren Sharper (who took him 95 yards in New Orleans on a Pick 6) always giggles when Sanchez name is brought up on NFL Network. In fact someone just parroted the "he can make ALL the throws" faulty assertion we've heard since Sanchez was drafted and Sharper, giggling again, said.."He CAN'T make all the throws".

I usually agree with just about everything you write SAR...not this time. I'm sure Woody Johnson was thinking about box office more than great QB attributes when they drafted him...but we'll never know.

Sanchez Simply the Worst
    Since his rookie season in 2009, Mark Sanchez ranks last in the NFL in four of the most important statistical categories for a quarterback (minimum 1,800 attempts). Also, his 87 turnovers since 2009 are second-most in the NFL, just one behind Eli Manning (88).
    Category Stats NFL Rank
    Pass yards 11,887 Last
    Pass TD 68 Last
    Comp pct. 55.2 Last
    TD/Int. ratio 1.00 Last
    -- ESPN Stats & Information

Hall Of Fame
    I usually agree with a lot of what Joe says and I wish his relationship was better with the team but I think he is wrong on this one.

I think part of it is not wanting to kick Sanchez when he is down. Which is big of him considering Mark basically slapped him in the face on Hard Knocks.

Time to move on from the Sanchez. With or without Joe's blessing.

Agree to an extent, but there's a bigger problem here:

Because we had the Tebow smokescreen all summer and the Sanchez smokescreen all fall, we are not hearing the media questioning the other utter-busts on this team like Tony Sparano, Mike Westhoff, Shonn Greene, Bart Scott, Kyle Wilson, David Harris or any other other responsible parties.

I heard the entire Rex Ryan presser today. It was 80% about Tim Tebow, 10% about Mark Sanchez, 5% Greg McElroy, 5% San Diego Chargers. Because of the Quarterback Smokescreen, the other areas of horror on the team are skating right by, only those deeply engaged with the team seeing what's going on.

SAR I
    Suavest, smoothest fat man I've ever see. 80% Tebow haha (using that to deflect)...don't ever get in a poker game with Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    While the Jets are certainly not a model organization right now, I don't see how anyone could watch Sanchez last night and feel optimistic about his future.
    We have known about the weakness of this offense since July. I'm flabbergasted as to why everyone is going crazy about it here in December when we have been seeing this the entire season. Nothing about Mark Sanchez's performance in Tennessee is any different than any other offensive performance this entire year. Running backs don't run, wide receivers don't catch, OL doesn't block, coordinator is lost, Mark Sanchez takes the blame.

Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Washington.

Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene.

No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t. And I didn't list the offensive line. And I didn't talk about the coordinator.

If we had replaced these players with higher-quality playmakers we still may not be 100% pleased with Mark Sanchez's progress, but he certainly would be our starting quarterback and we certainly be on pace to be an 11 win team.

This is the reason why Mark Sanchez will stay with the Jets, why he will get a good look in training camp, and why he will be the starting quarterback in 2013.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP

It does matter if the coaching ruined him, because they will do it to the next prospect.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 12-19-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    We have known about the weakness of this offense since July. I'm flabbergasted as to why everyone is going crazy about it here in December when we have been seeing this the entire season. Nothing about Mark Sanchez's performance in Tennessee is any different than any other offensive performance this entire year. Running backs don't run, wide receivers don't catch, OL doesn't block, coordinator is lost, Mark Sanchez takes the blame.

Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Washington.

Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene.

No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t.

If we had replaced these players with higher-quality playmakers we still may not be 100% pleased with Mark Sanchez's progress, but he certainly would be our starting quarterback and we certainly be on pace to be an 11 win team.

This is the reason why Mark Sanchez will stay with the Jets, why he will get a good look in training camp, and why he will be the starting quarterback in 2013.

SAR I
    Has Sanchez been surrounded by a great supporting cast this year? No, far from it.

But that doesn't excuse the headscratching, goofy f*cking mistakes that he has made week after week after week.

He isn't a good QB, period.

Accept it and move on.

If we were to make just one move this entire offseason, my vote would go towards cutting ties with Sanchez. Just to ensure me and the rest of the Jets faithful that we never have to witness that f*cking mook wearing a green and white uniform again.

Take the cap hit and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It does matter if the coaching ruined him, because they will do it to the next prospect.
    Bingo!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Not really

Because they won't be around to make the same mistake twice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Suavest, smoothest fat man I've ever see. 80% Tebow haha (using that to deflect)...don't ever get in a poker game with Ryan.
    Why not? He obviously doesnt know when to fold.

Has Sanchez been surrounded by a great supporting cast this year? No, far from it.

But that doesn't excuse the headscratching, goofy f*cking mistakes that he has made week after week after week.

He isn't a good QB, period.

Accept it and move on.

If we were to make just one move this entire offseason, my vote would go towards cutting ties with Sanchez. Just to ensure me and the rest of the Jets faithful that we never have to witness that f*cking mook wearing a green and white uniform again.

Take the cap hit and move on.
    If Drew Brees or Joe Flacco had those nine playmakers removed from their offense and replaced with the nine bums we have how good a season would they have?

Mark has one dependable wide receiver. He is tiny and gets covered very easily.

Mark has no dump off running back. No one to replace LaDainian Tomlinson or Leon Washington, two of the best in the NFL at taking a broken play and making it positive.

Mark has to rely on his tight ends to make tough catches and they don't. His best receiving target hasn't been able to stay healthy the past two seasons.

The running game is weak, opposing defensive coordinator's don't have to respect it.

The offensive line is suspect, giving Mark little time to make many of his throws.

No quarterback in the NFL could succeed in that situation. Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Sammy Baugh would all be epic busts and being thrown out of town with that kind of supporting cast.

Mark Sanchez is playing terribly right now and deserves his benching. But he also deserves another look next year, and he will get it.

SAR I

The three statements together make that assumption pretty clear.

1. "Mark will be around for a long time."
    2. "I hope for his sake its not with the Jets."
    3. "Namath doesn't think the Jets are a viable NFL franchise." (author)

SAR I
    Do us all a favor, whatever team is lucky enough to end up with Sanchez, go root for them. Anything to get rid of your annoying posts.

You can't have a New York Jets quarterback controversy without getting the opinion of Joe Namath. The outspoken Hall of Fame quarterback had some interesting opinions on his former team, which made a quarterback switch this week to third-stringer Greg McElroy.

Namath told ESPN's "Mike & Mike" radio show that he feels sorry for former starting quarterback Mark Sanchez. In Namath's opinion, Sanchez was never given a chance to succeed this year.

"Well, I know he's gotten a bad shake," Namath explained. "I don't think he's had the right kind of coaching. I donít think he's had the right kind of help offensively. It is a team game. I know Mark's looked really bad these last several games and has played poorly. But I do believe he's not as bad a quarterback as he's made out to be or as he's played these last few games."

Namath went on to say that Sanchez "deserves better at this stage." Most of the national criticism has been on Sanchez for committing five turnovers in Monday's loss to the Tennessee Titans. But Namath is one of the few coming to Sanchez's defense.

Namath still believes Sanchez is a viable starting NFL quarterback. Namath just doesn't think the Jets are a viable NFL franchise.

"I think he's going to be around for a long time," Namath said. "I hope for his sake it's not with the Jets."

SAR I

I tend to agree with Namath. The Woody,Rex,Tanny trio is as big of a joke as you will ever find in the NFL.

Not really

Because they won't be around to make the same mistake twice.
    We can only hope otherwise the song remains the same

If Drew Brees or Joe Flacco had those nine playmakers removed from their offense and replaced with the nine bums we have how good a season would they have?

Mark has one dependable wide receiver. He is tiny and gets covered very easily.

Mark has no dump off running back. No one to replace LaDainian Tomlinson or Leon Washington, two of the best in the NFL at taking a broken play and making it positive.

Mark has to rely on his tight ends to make tough catches and they don't. His best receiving target hasn't been able to stay healthy the past two seasons.

The running game is weak, opposing defensive coordinator's don't have to respect it.

The offensive line is suspect, giving Mark little time to make many of his throws.

No quarterback in the NFL could succeed in that situation. Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Sammy Baugh would all be epic busts and being thrown out of town with that kind of supporting cast.

Mark Sanchez is playing terribly right now and deserves his benching. But he also deserves another look next year, and he will get it.

SAR I
    Not Good.....EVER

Sanchez Simply the Worst
    Since his rookie season in 2009, Mark Sanchez ranks last in the NFL in four of the most important statistical categories for a quarterback (minimum 1,800 attempts). Also, his 87 turnovers since 2009 are second-most in the NFL, just one behind Eli Manning (88).
    Category Stats NFL Rank
    Pass yards 11,887 Last
    Pass TD 68 Last
    Comp pct. 55.2 Last
    TD/Int. ratio 1.00 Last
    -- ESPN Stats & Information