Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Jets fans have a weird definition of...

  1. #1

    Jets fans have a weird definition of...

    a franchise run into the ground.

    This is a franchise that sucked throughout the 70s, was okay in the 80s, bad for the first part of the 90's and has been pretty average since then.

    And they say NOW that the franchise is in the ground.

    People are comparing Rex Ryan to Rich Kotite. REALLY?

    Rich Kotite won 4 games in 2 years coaching the Jets.
    Rex Ryan won 4 playoff games in 2 years coaching the Jets.

    I'm not saying Rex is the best HC ever, but get real people.

    This season, if we lose the next two games, (which I think won't happen because they own Buffalo) they will be 6-10 (or 7-9 which is what I think will happen.)

    Disaster season/Franchise run into ground means to me 1 to 4 wins.

    Now if Rex gets fired, okay. By the way, when his father was fired in 1990 with Philadelphia, who'd they replace him with?

    That's right. Rich Kotite. Just be careful.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,441
    I know its like we have forgotten what bad really is.

    With that being said the success this team has had has raised the standard for the team.

    The fact that the Pats and the Giants have had the success they have is probably the biggest factor though.

  3. #3
    Exactly. Woody has had a pretty good run (6 playoff appearances), best 10-11 year stretch I can remember. But don't bring that stuff up, because the bottom is falling out according to the "realists." Haven't been under .500 since 2007. Just too many miserable fans out there.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    a franchise run into the ground.

    This is a franchise that sucked throughout the 70s, was okay in the 80s, bad for the first part of the 90's and has been pretty average since then.

    And they say NOW that the franchise is in the ground.

    People are comparing Rex Ryan to Rich Kotite. REALLY?

    Rich Kotite won 4 games in 2 years coaching the Jets.
    Rex Ryan won 4 playoff games in 2 years coaching the Jets.

    I'm not saying Rex is the best HC ever, but get real people.

    This season, if we lose the next two games, (which I think won't happen because they own Buffalo) they will be 6-10 (or 7-9 which is what I think will happen.)

    Disaster season/Franchise run into ground means to me 1 to 4 wins.

    Now if Rex gets fired, okay. By the way, when his father was fired in 1990 with Philadelphia, who'd they replace him with?

    That's right. Rich Kotite. Just be careful.
    Rule of Fans, the grass is always greener over THERE, and you never know what you got, til it's goooooooneeeeeeeee.

    Hence why when Braylon "Dropsies" Edwards was a Jet, so many Fans were happy to see him go.....for a few minutes, then they desperately wanted him 9and every other ex-Jet) back.

  5. #5
    [QUOTE=jets31;4734702]I know its like we have forgotten what bad really is.

    With that being said the success this team has had has raised the standard for the team.

    The fact that the Pats and the Giants have had the success they have is probably the biggest factor though.[/QUOTE]

    You got it.

    This whole fanbase has Patriot and Giant envy.

    Do you think the Cleveland Browns fans give a crap about whether the New England Patriots or the New York Giants have won the Super Bowl?

    Unless the Giants/Pats beat them, they don't care.

    But Jets fans, with their inferiority complex, do

  6. #6
    What my friends who are jet fans (all three of them) are upset about the most is the "wait till next year" has been stolen. For two years now the jets have not won and there has been no money available for the team to improve. When the hope for a better tomorrow is taken away, that is when fans get discouraged.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Exactly. Woody has had a pretty good run (6 playoff appearances), best 10-11 year stretch I can remember. But don't bring that stuff up, because the bottom is falling out according to the "realists." Haven't been under .500 since 2007. Just too many miserable fans out there.

    I guess it depends how you measure success. The Jets have absolutely been competitive for the past 12 years (Woody's tenure). Still, we have 1 division title and 1 home playoff game during that time. I would argue the success of the early part of the 00's stems from the guys Parcells brought in. I would also argue that '09 and '10 were largely flukes - Manning sat out in Indy or we are 8-8 and out of the playoffs in '09, and '10 was full of miraculous last-minute wins against bad teams. It clearly wasn't sustainable, as we've seen the past two years. Is this rock bottom, a la the Kotite era? No. But is it good? No. And the better question is whether it is trending upward or downward. I think that is obvious. And I would argue that it will only get worse with the management regime we have in place. Am I a "miserable fan"? Well, I am in my 40s and wasn't alive for the one SB in franchise history. So yeah, I guess I am.

  8. #8
    Because a lot of us see the signs of an unprepared and poorly coached team. As the seasoned and experienced players have departed his teams have performed worse.

    Add to that just about every "big" game Rex's team have faced they not only lose but get crushed.

    So his teams can beat the avg to below avg teams (and barely) a lot of times.

    If that's what you want fine. I don't

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Rule of Fans, the grass is always greener over THERE, and you never know what you got, til it's goooooooneeeeeeeee.

    Hence why when Braylon "Dropsies" Edwards was a Jet, so many Fans were happy to see him go.....for a few minutes, then they desperately wanted him 9and every other ex-Jet) back.
    While I understand your point, Braylon Edwards is about 1,000 times better than Chaz "4 years of never making a play" Schillenz. Bray definitely had a spot on the team this year. To put a raw rookie like Stephen Hill in as our #2 was irresponsible.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,129
    I don't aspire to be better than the Lions, Browns, Bengals or whoever else we Jets fans "have it better than".

    The idea is to win a SB. This regime is heading in the wrong direction. We are no longer building towards something, we are distancing ourselves from success.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,105
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't aspire to be better than the Lions, Browns, Bengals or whoever else we Jets fans "have it better than".

    The idea is to win a SB. This regime is heading in the wrong direction. We are no longer building towards something, we are distancing ourselves from success.
    This - we are now back to being 3-4 years from even thinking about a championship. And that's with some good fortune in the draft which we always seem to do well in....

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't aspire to be better than the Lions, Browns, Bengals or whoever else we Jets fans "have it better than".

    The idea is to win a SB. This regime is heading in the wrong direction. We are no longer building towards something, we are distancing ourselves from success.
    Rule 1: Never expect anything in sports. Too much luck and variables involved.
    Que Sera Sera, my friend.

    Guess what: I have never expected the Jets to win a SB. If it happens, I'll be happy. The odds are stacked against them. 1-32 teams can win the Super Bowl.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Because a lot of us see the signs of an unprepared and poorly coached team. As the seasoned and experienced players have departed his teams have performed worse.

    Add to that just about every "big" game Rex's team have faced they not only lose but get crushed.

    So his teams can beat the avg to below avg teams (and barely) a lot of times.

    If that's what you want fine. I don't
    Can't control the schedule given to them. I go back to last year's New England team who played a very weak schedule. Didn't beat a winning team in the regular season.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Can't control the schedule given to them. I go back to last year's New England team who played a very weak schedule. Didn't beat a winning team in the regular season.
    Nice to ignore the rest of what I wrote.

    And that Pats team pasted the Jets at home when 1st place was on the line last season. Pasted them.

    And I haven't even started with all of Rex's BS bluster talk that he's never backed up

    His intro press conf said he would have a Dominating D the home crowd would be proud of(something to that affect).

    How many games has his D let a late 4th quarter lead up to lose the game. I'd guess at least 5-6 in 4 yrs.

    And the ol hit one of our guys and we'll hit two of yours. Right.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Nice to ignore the rest of what I wrote.

    And that Pats team pasted the Jets at home when 1st place was on the line last season. Pasted them.

    And I haven't even started with all of Rex's BS bluster talk that he's never backed up

    His intro press conf said he would have a Dominating D the home crowd would be proud of(something to that affect).

    How many games has his D let a late 4th quarter lead up to lose the game. I'd guess at least 5-6 in 4 yrs.

    And the ol hit one of our guys and we'll hit two of yours. Right.
    I remember only Jacksonville in 2009 as they blew a late lead and lost the game. Maybe Atlanta that year as well.

    "Big" games? 4-2 in postseason.

    It's an f****ing press conference. What do you want, an examination of the witness?

    Didn't talk BS this year did he? And don't say that "best team" line because he said MAY BE.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    a franchise run into the ground.

    This is a franchise that sucked throughout the 70s, was okay in the 80s, bad for the first part of the 90's and has been pretty average since then.

    And they say NOW that the franchise is in the ground.

    People are comparing Rex Ryan to Rich Kotite. REALLY?

    Rich Kotite won 4 games in 2 years coaching the Jets.
    Rex Ryan won 4 playoff games in 2 years coaching the Jets.

    I'm not saying Rex is the best HC ever, but get real people.

    This season, if we lose the next two games, (which I think won't happen because they own Buffalo) they will be 6-10 (or 7-9 which is what I think will happen.)

    Disaster season/Franchise run into ground means to me 1 to 4 wins.

    Now if Rex gets fired, okay. By the way, when his father was fired in 1990 with Philadelphia, who'd they replace him with?

    That's right. Rich Kotite. Just be careful.
    Good post, if defending mediocroty is what your objective is.

    Yeah...lets brag about being average and winning 10 games in a good year, NEVER having a home playoff game and blowing the draft year in year out.


    All while our suite mates win superbowls.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Good post, if defending mediocroty is what your objective is.

    Yeah...lets brag about being average and winning 10 games in a good year, NEVER having a home playoff game and blowing the draft year in year out.


    All while our suite mates win superbowls.
    And there in lies the real issue with Jets fans.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I remember only Jacksonville in 2009 as they blew a late lead and lost the game. Maybe Atlanta that year as well.

    "Big" games? 4-2 in postseason.

    It's an f****ing press conference. What do you want, an examination of the witness?

    Didn't talk BS this year did he? And don't say that "best team" line because he said MAY BE.
    Wasn't going to mention the best team comment

    Hmm. Blew lead at NE this yr. Blew lead at Denver last yr. That's just off the top of my head.

    What was the last "big" game this team has won. Yep Jan 2011 at NE.

    So we'll agree to disagree.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Wasn't going to mention the best team comment

    Hmm. Blew lead at NE this yr. Blew lead at Denver last yr. That's just off the top of my head.

    What was the last "big" game this team has won. Yep Jan 2010 at NE.

    So we'll agree to disagree.
    NE doesn't count because they went to overtime. That means its a new game.

    You're right about Denver. So that's 3.

    When was the last time Belichick won a big game? 2004. in Patriots terms.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And there in lies the real issue with Jets fans.

    What, that they actually want their team to win a SB?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us