Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cimini: Source: Jets audition trick-shot kicker

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Cimini: Source: Jets audition trick-shot kicker

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Last spring, the Jets signed an Australian rugby player, Hayden Smith, to become a tight end, even though he had no football experience.

How about a former Norwegian soccer player known as a kicking trick-shot artist?

Hey, why not? These are the Jets, after all. Anything goes.

On Tuesday, they worked out Harvard Rugland, 28, according to a league source.

Who?

In September, Rugland became an Internet sensation when he posted a trick-shot video that shows him kicking a football in just about every imaginable place -- the beach, the Norwegian countryside, a lake, a basketball court, his backyard, you name it. The left-footed Rugland also is seen bombing 60-yard field goals on a football field.

You should check it out. The video is called "Kickalicious."

Too bad the Jets already have a solid kicker, Nick Folk. Maybe GM Mike Tannenbaum should check YouTube for a quarterback.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ck-shot-kicker

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Last spring, the Jets signed an Australian rugby player, Hayden Smith, to become a tight end, even though he had no football experience.

How about a former Norwegian soccer player known as a kicking trick-shot artist?

Hey, why not? These are the Jets, after all. Anything goes.

On Tuesday, they worked out Harvard Rugland, 28, according to a league source.

Who?

In September, Rugland became an Internet sensation when he posted a trick-shot video that shows him kicking a football in just about every imaginable place -- the beach, the Norwegian countryside, a lake, a basketball court, his backyard, you name it. The left-footed Rugland also is seen bombing 60-yard field goals on a football field.

You should check it out. The video is called "Kickalicious."

Too bad the Jets already have a solid kicker, Nick Folk. Maybe GM Mike Tannenbaum should check YouTube for a quarterback.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ck-shot-kicker
    Non-issue.

Actually didn't JPP get discovered because of a YouTube video?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That video is really impressive..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Non-issue.

Actually didn't JPP get discovered because of a YouTube video?
    So was Jarron Gilbert...

Wasn't meant to be anything but an article to post...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only our GM would be kicking the tires (no pun intended) on one of the only position that you can unequivocally say that the Jets are solid it. And they are doing it with a "trick shot"/"gimmick" soccer player kicking around a football in controlled settings with numerous outtakes.

I'm now convinced that Mike Tannenbaum is a moron.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another Dick Semen-I exclusive scoop.

How dare the Jets take a look at a possible improvement at kicker....How dare.them!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Only our GM would be kicking the tires (no pun intended) on one of the only position that you can unequivocally say that the Jets are solid it.

yes because its such a chore to just workout a guy....

and if the jets didn't work him out and he signs with the pats or whomever and goes to the pro bowl this place would be filled with "why didn't the jets work this guy out..the FO sux"...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes because its such a chore to just workout a guy....

and if the jets didn't work him out and he signs with the pats or whomever and goes to the pro bowl this place would be filled with "why didn't the jets work this guy out..the FO sux"...
    No I wouldn't say that at all because I don't have an inferiority complex.

If you guys can't see the difference between this perceived "chore" and the fact that they are wasting time and resources in areas that they don't even need to then I'm not sure what else you'd like me to say about it. There's no reason, absolutely no reason to do this. At all. And especially on the heels of benching your starting QB, signing a castoff WR due to a horrible lack of talent at the position, having a fumble machine and two ponies at RB when it's clear you need a thoroughbred.... gee, I can't see any reason why someone would think this is a prime example of the abject failure that our front office is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only our GM would be kicking the tires (no pun intended) on one of the only position that you can unequivocally say that the Jets are solid it. And they are doing it with a "trick shot"/"gimmick" soccer player kicking around a football in controlled settings with numerous outtakes.

There gonna sign competition anyway for folk anyway.. What's the problem with kicking the tires of every possible option you got. For the record Folk has been bad the 2nd half of the season

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It might not piss you off and that's fine. But it pisses me off and I don't have to explain myself nor the reasons why. Don't like it? Tough sh!t.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    There gonna sign competition anyway for folk anyway.. What's the problem with kicking the tires of every possible option you got. For the record Folk has been bad the 2nd half of the season
    I get it. Folk's been bad so lets sign a guy that has ZERO.... let me be clear about this.... 0 as in ZERO..... experience at playing football at any level whatsoever as a perceived competition to our current guy? Seriously? And you guys can't see that this same mentality and methodology is being applied across the board to our entire roster?

These idiots are trying to replace starters with hot sh!t that they are throwing at the wall and hoping it sticks. And then they wonder why the team stinks.

Please. Don't even bother me with your responses if you can't see the situation here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lmao guy u seriously need to relax..

Ur blowing a gasket over a Audition. 2nd experience means nothing at that position it's pretty cut and dry you ethier can do it or u can't.. When we got Ben Graham he didn't have any experience 7yrs later he is still in this league ..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It might not piss you off and that's fine. But it pisses me off and I don't have to explain myself nor the reasons why. Don't like it? Tough sh!t.
    You need a hug.

And Tanny needs to be fired.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    hopefully they are signing him to kick rex sparano pettine and sanchez the hell out of town once the season ends.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see anything saying they are signing him. But hey get all upset over a freaking workout. LOL

And if if they do sign him pretty safe to say it'll be just a basic FA contract like any of the other TC fodder.

But why put anything thought behind it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see anything saying they are signing him. But hey get all upset over a freaking workout. LOL

And if if they do sign him pretty safe to say it'll be just a basic FA contract like any of the other TC fodder.

But why put anything thought behind it.
    international signings are pretty good to have on your practice squad, if I understand correctly they aren't able to be claimed by other teams

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id like this guy to scissor kick tanny and wooody in the nuts at the same time

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he could be our new QB. He could more accurately kick it to our receivers than Sanchez can throw it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get it. Folk's been bad so lets sign a guy that has ZERO.... let me be clear about this.... 0 as in ZERO..... experience at playing football at any level whatsoever as a perceived competition to our current guy? Seriously? And you guys can't see that this same mentality and methodology is being applied across the board to our entire roster?

These idiots are trying to replace starters with hot sh!t that they are throwing at the wall and hoping it sticks. And then they wonder why the team stinks.

Please. Don't even bother me with your responses if you can't see the situation here.
    Someone seems a little angry.

It costs them virtually nothing to give this guy a look. And lol at you saying that kicker is "on one of the only position that you can unequivocally say that the Jets are solid it." Nick Folk is 4th worst in the NFL in FG pct (6th worst last year). But what does that matter when guys like you just love to complain about anything the Jets do. It's rather pathetic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ca we go back to thinking inside the box again?