Thread: The most important mission in 2013

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

The most important mission in 2013

RESTORE CREDIBILITY.

It seems the easy way to do this is to have Woody hold a press conference. In which he states. The days of the clown car are over. We are making a move at both H.C and GM. This kind of conduct that has been going on in this organization will no longer be tolerated. He then will hire a H.C and G.M that will get this done. I have some ideas on candidates for both. As I am sure many of you do as well. ( There are plenty of threads here already on this topic) So we won't even get into that in this one.

Given the fact I think we all know this is not going to be the case. I think a good place to start would be letting the organization know bringing Mike Vick here would be a mistake of monumental porportions. I already see there is an article from Meta where an undisclosed source close to the team states Rex loves Vick. (Of that I am sure) That is precisely what scares the Hell out of me. This simply can not happen. I would hope Woody learned his lesson from bringing Tebow here. Though I doubt it.

The only way to move foward into 2013 the way I see it is. Try to find some way to get Sanchez off the team next year. A challenge yes. Impossible? Hell No. Lets see what McElroy can get done in these two games. Is that a good baramator to judge his skill set, in two meaningless games? NO. But it's all we will have at this point. I guess we will have to look for some vanilla stopgap QB like Matt Moore or anyone like him as an insurance policy. Lets hope Gregg can win the job in tc. The thought of said vanilla QB starting opening day, just does not do it for me.

So Rex if you are staying and reading this. Get a real O.C in here. Get your self a #1 back, a few salty offensive linemen that will kick ass and take names to run the ground and pound mistake free football you want to play. And for God sake man. Please stop talking. Stop everyone on the team from talking. Be humble.
    Last edited by Gibby; 12-20-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if they could even trade Sanchez for nothing. Literally nothing. Just to get them to take on his salary.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody cannot hold a press conference declaring the circus act over because Woody is the very reason for the circus's existence.

We can only hope that the ticket sales driven moves are over, and that "winning" moves are made.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Woody cannot hold a press conference declaring the circus act over because Woody is the very reason for the circus's existence.

We can only hope that the ticket sales driven moves are over, and that "winning" moves are made.
    I agree 100%. If he sees the circus is affecting his bottom line, he would be a lot more willing to change it . I hope.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I wonder if they could even trade Sanchez for nothing. Literally nothing. Just to get them to take on his salary.
    haha, no chance. Any trade would be contingent on the Jets paying his base and both parties splitting the other $9mm he's due. Jets have 0 leverage in this.