Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Per Mehta Jets to try and trade Sanchez after season per source***

Hall Of Fame
    Manish ignores the facts regarding salary cap and its implications if traded. It goes well beyond the balance of the 8.25 million salary for next year.

Oh god. Vick. The circus and poor, turnover QB play will continue. What a freakin stupid ass franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Oh god. Vick. The circus and poor, turnover QB play will continue. What a freakin stupid ass franchise.
    Um... You seem to be assuming more than what is there.

if the jets are able to trade sanchez it will be a small miracle in itself.

All League
    Rick Mirer, Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington and many more QB busts got more than one shot, and Sanchez will too. Whether that's as a starter or a backup, I don't know, and whether anyone would trade for him is unlikely in my opinion, but weirder things have happened.

If the Jets can get anything for him and minimize the cap hit, it's a win.

Nobody is going to want Sanchez's salary so he will be on the team next year. Considering the fact that we have little to know cap room, I would think that they might try to pick up a serviceable veteran and use Sanchez as back up.

Having said that, I would dump Tannenbaum and the Idiot Rex and start from scratch.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez is done. If he comes back, the fans will make it more unbearable for him than it already is. If they don't trade him, he should be inactive every single game.

haha this is laughable.. First who would want Sanchez now? Maybe if he was benched 2 months ago when he earned it before he really self destructed.. Maybe we can trade him and a 4th round pick for a 7th round pick is that legally? dont really want to give up a draft pick though.. probably will end taking back an equally bad contract someone wants to unload.. maybe there is a team desperate for a qb and has a overpriced WR that is far on their teams depth chart but still would be our # 2 WR

Its also funny tha someone high up ( I assume MT) is telling people what he will do as if he still thinks he will be the GM a month from now.. thats really laughable..

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    I think you're saying that no team would trade a bag of balls for Sanchez. You might be right - but that's an opinion.

It's been discussed already. We could restructure his 2013 salary so we pay him say a $4M roster bonus, then his guaranteed 2013 salary is reduced by $4M. He still has some money guaranteed in 2014 though.

Would someone give us something for Sanchez with that restructured contract? They'd be on the hook for ~$4M in 2013 and some more in 2014. Personally, I think there's a possibility. If it wasn't for the guaranteed money in 2014, I'd say 100% we could find a trading partner...

And yes, if we did a trade like what I described above, it would help our cap a lot, both in 2013 and 2014.
    What do you mean it is an opinion? Besides Sanchez doing the stupidest thing in the world and retire from the game the only other scenario is another GM giving him a contract for even more money. Nobody wants Sanchez for anything remotely resembling guaranteed money. 10 teams will give him a shot as the B/U, but at nothing anywhere approaching 9mill in his pocket next year even spread out over 3 years.

Who gives a fuk about media! Vick is light years ahead of our QBs and any other available QB. We'd instantly become a playoff team with him. He served his time so you sissies go bark up another tree if you don't like it. Hes not babysitting your kids. Let's win some GD football games already

I can read the headline in march....the Jets couldn't trade Sanchez and have agreed to guarantee his salary for 2014

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Joke all around.

We CAN'T trade Sanchez.

And

We can't bring in Vick.

NONE of this is happening folks, none of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Who gives a fuk about media! Vick is light years ahead of our QBs and any other available QB. We'd instantly become a playoff team with him. He served his time so you sissies go bark up another tree if you don't like it. Hes not babysitting your kids. Let's win some GD football games already
    amen brother. sign this beast!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Dude, Vick is done. He's not the same player he once was.

Veteran
    Yeah except that mike Vick is overrated and sucks...

Jets Insider VIP
    And there won't be a single taker

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    amen brother. sign this beast!

Jets Insider VIP
    Has anyone here ever killed anyone? Cuz I'm going to need you to come put me out of my misery if we sign Michael Vick.

Even my dog said he would take Vick over Sanchez..

NFL coaches are egotistical creatures. They all think they can "turn a guy around" and unlock the potential a given player has but hasn't harnessed. We see players who don't deserve more chances get them all the time. I'm not saying its likely Sanchez can be traded, simply based on how bad he's been, but it also wouldn't shock me. If I'm right, Sanchez salary is only guaranteed through next year, correct? So in that case, essentially a team would be acquiring Sanchez, only financially tied to him for one year. In a league where head coaches constantly think they can turn around failures, there's always a possibility one thinks he can take the former fifth pick in the draft who has been to two AFC title games, while only tied to him for a year, and unlock in him what the Jets couldn't. We may not get more than a sandwich for Sanchez, but there's at least a chance we can cut ties with him via trade (and the sandwich will probably taste good, and not turn the ball over).
    Last edited by unchartedm0nkey; 12-19-2012 at 09:38 PM.