Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Per Mehta Jets to try and trade Sanchez after season per source***

Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    I can't help myself. I love the idea of Vick in NY.
    If the thug turd Vick is the NYJ QB I will root for him to be maimed every play. He is a dispicable human being.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Mark it down: Once they clear their lockers "anonymous players" will be spewing their crap again on Sanchez, team, coaches...

It's coming.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post

I do feel sorry for Rex. Cause he had no GM to control him...to say no to a Holmes deal Rex wanted at any cost. To protect him...to prevent Tebow being dumped into his lap. To help with the offense...providing complementary playmakers and an OC-QB coach to make it work.
    Good post, but to empathize with Rex because he has influence over personnel matters, and shouldn't, is a bit out there.

Tanny needs to go, but Rex wears this mess too. He hired Sparano. He brings in his players. He stuck with Sanchez too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Good post, but to empathize with Rex because he has influence over personnel matters, and shouldn't, is a bit out there.

Tanny needs to go, but Rex wears this mess too. He hired Sparano. He brings in his players. He stuck with Sanchez too long.
    This why the Jets need a strong Director of Football Operations. Let the coach stick to coaching, the GM stick to acquiring players, and competent counsel, if not final say on all football matters including hiring the staffs for each, is provided by that Director.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    This why the Jets need a strong Director of Football Operations. Let the coach stick to coaching, the GM stick to acquiring players, and competent counsel, if not final say on all football matters including hiring the staffs for each, is provided by that Director.
    You will never get a top HC if he can't hire his own people..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You will never get a top HC if he can't hire his own people..
    You misread my post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You misread my post.
    Which was what exactly??

Sanchez plus $8.2 million for a bag of Sour Cream and Onion Utz and an 8th rounder.............................

Seriously: WHO THE HELL HAS ANY WORTH ATTACHED TO SANCHEZ AT ALL?

Arizona?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Which was what exactly??
    Where did I say that it was an absolute requirement that the HC not be able to hire his own people?

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    We gave up a 4 for Tebow and according to professional NFL Head Coaches Sanchez is much better then Tebow. There is a market for Sanchez and I suspect down the road he is going to bite us badly.
    Are any of these professional NFL Head coaches you are talking about currently running an NFL team, allowed to shop for the groceries and looking for a veteran QB?

If no, then it doesn't matter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Where did I say that it was an absolute requirement that the HC not be able to hire his own people?
    You said final say so if a HC wanted something the GM don't he doesn't get the staff he wanted..

I keep seeing people mention Arizona.

A. Any trade value the Jets could have had with Sanchez and Arizona flew out the window when he went out there and **** the bed against them on December 2.

B. Arizona just gave Kevin Kolb a five-year, $50+ million deal two years ago. They're either A. Going to give him another year to stay healthy or B. Cut ties with him and go young, perhaps Matt Barkley or Geno Smith. I highly doubt that they'll want to take on Sanchez's contract, even though the team that gets him can cut ties with him after 2013 with relative ease.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    If the thug turd Vick is the NYJ QB I will root for him to be maimed every play. He is a dispicable human being.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Really? You value a dog's life over humans? I think what he did was wrong too but what's the real reason people hate him? There are people in the NFL that have done worse (domestic abuse, rape etc.) and you want a guy crucified because he had a cousin that killed dogs? You sure there isn't another reason people overreact to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

Said the same things myself. Guess you haven't read any of my other recent posts.

IMO...this mess should all be blown up...GM and HC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Sanchez will go to Arizona, and be coached. They will go to the playoffs and we will continue in this cursed cycle
    I am of the mind set that this will happen.

I said two years ago if the Jets weren't going to either get better skill players around him or better coaching than trade him then when he still had good trade value.

The Jets FO is awful they waited until they destroyed Sanchez and Tebow all in the same year as the rresult of having no plan..... DISGRACEFUL!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Can anyone STFU in this organization?
    UMMMMMMMM THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Phillyjet has a point here.

If the Jets FO is forced to keep Sanchez on the roster because he's a greedy little a$$hole, he'll be on the bench ALL season. Hell, they won't even activate him for the games.

So although he'll screw the Jets by taking 8.25 million when he isn't even worth the vet minimum, he'll NEVER get another NFL job.

If he sits for a whole season and really doesn't get the chance to play at all, coupled with his piss poor history as a starting QB? Well, he might a tryout or two, but he'll likely be out of the league for good.
    Dumb statement. Who forced the Jets to give him a contract extension? Would you give back any of the money? Yeah...........thought so.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I am of the mind set that this will happen.

I said two years ago if the Jets weren't going to either get better skill players around him or better coaching than trade him then when he still had good trade value.

The Jets FO is awful they waited until they destroyed Sanchez and Tebow all in the same year as the result of having no plan..... DISGRACEFUL!!!!!
    Who knows what Sanchez could have become had he done the bench time like Rogers did behind Favre?? At this point the best for him would be a change of scenery.. I can't imagine the wrath of the Jet Barbarian Hoards at Met Life next season if he's here..

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I can't see any way a team trades for Sanchez, unless it's to dump a similarly bad player with a terrible contract.

Hopefully, the FO isn't desperate enough to solve one problem with another. I'd rather just take the cap hit than take on another bad deal.

And anyone who actually thinks Vick is a good QB has obviously not watched him play in two years. He's terrible and would have just as many turnovers as Sanchez if he could actually stay healthy. The only thing worse than a lousy, turnover prone idiot of a QB is one who has a long history of injuries and concussions.

Please, stop bringing up Vick's name as the next signal caller of the Jets.

If the Jets bring him in, I'm officially done with them -- and it has nothing to do with Vick's Dog Killing past and everything to do with his inability to effectively play QB.

Completion % less than 60%, 23 INT and 20 fumbles in his last 22 games. This is what you guys want? No thanks.
    I can respect this opinion of Vick. I agree he just doesn't seem to be the answer this team needs.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Dumb statement. Who forced the Jets to give him a contract extension? Would you give back any of the money? Yeah...........thought so.
    Exactly and the reality is the Jets can't bring him back because the other reality is in an open competition for the No. 1 QB spot Sanchez is likely to outright win it in camp and if they don't play him and don't win they lose the team for another year.

Rex hasn't been lying about the fact that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win. That's because as crappy as he is he is miles better then option 2 and 3 and they see it every day.