Thread: Jets try out You Tube sensation trick shot kicker

Jets try out You Tube sensation trick shot kicker

Looks like Tanny is scouring the interwebz for talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwbjHV8jLo

STOCKHOLM - A Norwegian whose Youtube clip of spectacular trick shots has been watched over half a million times could be on the verge of a National Football League (NFL) contract as a kicker.

The video caught the attention of professional teams in the United States, and Norwegian state broadcaster NRK has reported that its star, Havard Rugland, had a tryout for the NFL's New York Jets this week.

"It went well," Rugland told NRK. "They tested me on field goals and kickoffs. Obviously you feel a little more pressure here, but I stayed pretty calm."

The video shows the 27-year-old performing some outrageous tricks and kicks, from nailing 60-yard field goals to soccer-style scissor kicks and volleys with American footballs.

Made by Rugland, his brother and some friends, the video has spread rapidly on the Internet, clocking up over half a million hits and garnering interest from three U.S. colleges and the Jets.

Rugland has no prior American football experience but kicking coach Michael Husted says that if he continues to develop, he could reach the NFL.

"Havard has incredible talent as a kicker," Husted, who played nine seasons as an NFL kicker, told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer newspaper. "He has a cannon for a leg. As he continues to refine his technique, he could be one of the strongest kickers in the NFL."

read on: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50261708/ns/sports-nfl/

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Looks like Tanny is scouring the interwebz for talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwbjHV8jLo

STOCKHOLM - A Norwegian whose Youtube clip of spectacular trick shots has been watched over half a million times could be on the verge of a National Football League (NFL) contract as a kicker.

The video caught the attention of professional teams in the United States, and Norwegian state broadcaster NRK has reported that its star, Havard Rugland, had a tryout for the NFL's New York Jets this week.

"It went well," Rugland told NRK. "They tested me on field goals and kickoffs. Obviously you feel a little more pressure here, but I stayed pretty calm."

The video shows the 27-year-old performing some outrageous tricks and kicks, from nailing 60-yard field goals to soccer-style scissor kicks and volleys with American footballs.

Made by Rugland, his brother and some friends, the video has spread rapidly on the Internet, clocking up over half a million hits and garnering interest from three U.S. colleges and the Jets.

Rugland has no prior American football experience but kicking coach Michael Husted says that if he continues to develop, he could reach the NFL.

"Havard has incredible talent as a kicker," Husted, who played nine seasons as an NFL kicker, told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer newspaper. "He has a cannon for a leg. As he continues to refine his technique, he could be one of the strongest kickers in the NFL."

read on: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50261708/ns/sports-nfl/
    Old news troll

Try checking prior threads on opponents message boards before embarrassing yourself further with a lame day old rehash

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Old news troll

Try checking prior threads on opponents message boards before embarrassing yourself further with a lame day old rehash

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not embarrassed in the least at an attempt to contribute. So I missed a thread...BFD.

What have YOU ever contributed besides "dump" and "ignore"?

All Pro
    I'm not embarrassed in the least at an attempt to contribute. So I missed a thread...BFD.
    You should be. You shouldn't even have thread starting privileges actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    You should be. You shouldn't even have thread starting privileges actually.
    And why is that Missy? Who's forcing you to read them, and what could you possibly find here as offensive?
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 12-20-2012 at 09:03 PM.

And why is that Missy? Who's forcing you to read them, and what could you possibly find here as offensive?
    As much as I hate Pats and their fans. Just because someone trolls, doesn't mean all their post are not informative. I've seen some threads where this dude makes good points and all anyone says is "STFU TROLL" .

..But there are some other times when he just posts to annoy people lol

All League
    STFU TROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    STFU TROLL!
    Lol...Ok Rah R....errrrr....Stanley.

Happy Christmas.

Lol...Ok Rah R....errrrr....Stanley.

Happy Christmas.