Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Per Mehta Jets to try and trade Sanchez after season per source***

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    And there won't be a single taker
    KInd of disagree.

As mentioned earlier, if Ryan Leaf got a second chance....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    KInd of disagree.

As mentioned earlier, if Ryan Leaf got a second chance....
    Who's going to trade a draft pick for a broken QB in addition to paying him $17 million dollars?

Who's going to trade a draft pick for a broken QB in addition to paying him $17 million dollars?

Money is always negotiable, my friend.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Arizona might

Who cares what Rex thinks he will be gone hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Dude, Vick is done. He's not the same player he once was.
    This. He had 19 turnovers in 9 games and can't stay on the field.

Sanchez will go to Arizona, and be coached. They will go to the playoffs and we will continue in this cursed cycle

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Sanchez will go to Arizona, and be coached. They will go to the playoffs and we will continue in this cursed cycle
    yup

Practice Squad
    lol no one will take on sanchez' contract which is why we'll be paying half of it for him to play somewhere else, which is fine as long was we bring in someone reasonable at QB

Cursed. LMAO. Incompetence, yes. But plz stop with curses crap.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

The same silly sh*t I heard about LaMont Jordan, Chris Baker, Victor Hobson, etc.

Sanchez is still a bum no matter where he ends up.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Even my dog said he would take Vick over Sanchez..

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Rick Mirer, Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington and many more QB busts got more than one shot, and Sanchez will too.
    Also, none of those 3 had any of the success that Mark did early in his career. And how many playoff wins did they have combined? I forget.

So yeah...Despite the fact that Mark SUCKS as a *STARTING* QB, he might(keyword) be salvageable by another team to be their backup.

Arizona might just make him their starter by default.....If they're THAT dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Nobody is going to want Sanchez's salary so he will be on the team next year. Considering the fact that we have little to know cap room, I would think that they might try to pick up a serviceable veteran and use Sanchez as back up.

Having said that, I would dump Tannenbaum and the Idiot Rex and start from scratch.
    I thought the article said that the team that the Jets trade him to would only foot 3 million of the bill?

That's probably what will happen, knowing the Jets luck....

All League
    First, the Az coaching staff is going to be let go in two weeks. Rumor has it thst Todd Haley will take over. Regardless of who the new CS is, NO WAY they take on the Sanchez reclamation project in year one. They will do what is working in Indy, Was, Sea, Mia, Cincy, Tenn, Car, And StL - they are going to take a rookie QB with a high draft pick. When they went and got Kolb, his ceiling was so much higher than Sanchez's is right now that its not even debatable.

As far as the Jets getting Vick, its probably gonna happen because that is what the Jets do. We do the exact opposite of what we should do. Vick played terrible this year. He is old, injury-prone, PLUS, he is the worst piece od sh!t in the NFL. F'N Sociopath.

If Woody, Tanny, and Rex go after Vick, i will root for the Jets to go 0- 16 next year, while starting a new thread weekly, calling for Woody to clean house.

I hate the fact that this team is so desperate that they are willing to sacrifice the long-term potential on short-sighted nonsense.

Please Mr. Johnson, if Tanny and Rex are so desperate that they want to bring in Vick, you need to fire them on the spot. Even if doing so requires us to have a complete rebuilding season. The fans will come out and watch a 4-12 team as long as we have young players that are developing. The fans dont want to waste their time on OLD, players that have no history with the team or city and no upward potential.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sanchez is done. If he comes back, the fans will make it more unbearable for him than it already is. If they don't trade him, he should be inactive every single game.
    Not necessarily true. I think he'll play the back up role for the rest of this year, maybe part of next, and spend the off season with a shrink and heavy duty training to get over whatever has hamstrung him. No one seems to deny he has the physical tools, and the mental handicaps hopefully can be overcome. The guy isn't stupid.

As for the fans, when they start screaming for McElroy's head, they'll cheer Sanchez coming back in and saving the season.

The biggest obstacle will be the coaches and FO finally realizing they need to build young, long term talent into this team. Stop competing with the Midgets and Punks for a year and focus on 2014, maybe 2015.

Agree or not, it's not an impossible scenario. A 2013 Superbowl however, is. I hope they realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Who gives a fuk about media! Vick is light years ahead of our QBs and any other available QB. We'd instantly become a playoff team with him. He served his time so you sissies go bark up another tree if you don't like it. Hes not babysitting your kids. Let's win some GD football games already
    ^^^^^ This! Dislike Vick for his abilities but get over the doggie BS. You want a Superbowl? Then you want as many animals on your team as possible.

The dumbest thing the Marine Corps ever did was start requiring a high school diploma. If you've ever seen interlocking fields of fire, then you know you don't want a bunch of einsteins questioning your orders to move forward into it.

The more Vicks and Burficts and kill oriented players we can get the better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Manish ignores the facts regarding salary cap and its implications if traded. It goes well beyond the balance of the 8.25 million salary for next year.
    Mehta's article does account for it. The Jets will pay the guarantee of $8.5 million and then trade him so the new team will only have to pay him about $3.5 million and have less cap space taken up and Knicks dont get $17 million cap hit if they had cut him.

Jets Insider VIP
    They dont have to. The new team will only have to pay him about $3.5 million if Jets set up trade right.

My understanding is that is we designate him as a June 1 cut, or rework his contract to pay a certain portion of his salary as a bonus, then the cap hit will be roughly the same at $12 million.

If we can get a 6th or 7th for him, or maybe a fringe player, then it is worth it to see if he can be traded, and if no takers just designate him a June 1 and spread the cap hit over 2 years with 12 being in next years.

KC might be willing to take a chance on Sanchez. He's better than Cassell and would have a better supporting cast on offense. I don't know how Tanny would massage the cap issues b/c we supposedly take a serious hit if Sanchez is cut or traded.

Oakland is another option. Palmer is finished and as bad as Suckchise is he's better than Russell and way past prime Palmer.