Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 185

Thread: ***Per Mehta Jets to try and trade Sanchez after season per source***

  1. #141
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    Really? You value a dog's life over humans? I think what he did was wrong too but what's the real reason people hate him? There are people in the NFL that have done worse (domestic abuse, rape etc.) and you want a guy crucified because he had a cousin that killed dogs? You sure there isn't another reason people overreact to him?
    A thinly vailed atempt to paint me as a racist? Are you sure that your defense of this pos is not because he is black? Or maybe your defense of the thug turd is because you advocate the drug dealing gang banging dog fighting subculture...

    Interesting how innuendo works.

    Btw, Vick personally tortured and killed dogs. He should be doused with pigs blod and placed in a cage with the dogs that he tortured.

    This is not valuing dogs over humans. This is valuing all life. Sorry that this concept confuses you.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #142
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Sanchez has trade value if the Jets can lower his base salary. I'm pretty sure there are teams out there who believe they can make him more productive if they surround him with a better supporting cast. In Arizona they have Fitzgerald and Floyd so they may believe that they can get the best out of Sanchez in a more controlled weather environment and also with better talent around him on offense. People dismiss Sanchez as terrible and blame it all on him but the truth is that the front office has not done enough to bring out his best. That being said he also was very inconsistent when he did have a chance to make a play and he was a turnover machine. But like what Rex thought he could do with Gholston is what I'm sure offensive head coaches think they can do with Sanchez. Just look at Alex Smith, he was labeled a bust in SF and then Norv Turner came in and he turned it around, Turner left and he had a bad year. Then Harbaugh comes in and he has developed into a 2nd tier QB. Some team will think they can do the same to Sanchez. Most teams will have a different view of Sanchez then us fans, they look at him rationally at his total body of work not what he has done just this season. They will see a guy who physically has a lot of tools to work with and they will also see that the Jets have done a very poor job of putting him in the best position to maximize his talent and some will believe they can bring that out in him.

  3. #143
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    This is not valuing dogs over humans. This is valuing all life. Sorry that this concept confuses you.
    Just curious, because you value all life, are you a vegetarian? Do you kill insects that are in your home or at your place of work?

    I'm a vegetarian, but more because I find it disgusting to eat something that at one point was able to produce feces. However, I do value all life, and is the reason I don't kill any insect or rodent...just simply take them outside and let them be. My best friends eat meat on a daily basis and my ex literally killed everything that moved in her apt...so it's not like I'm looking down at you...just curious.

    Disclosure: I always found the Mike Vick hate to be absurd. People go hunting for fun, people eat meat daily, people kill insects and rodents when they are in their homes, but somehow Mike Vick did jail time and suffers national abuse from pet owners because he killed dogs?

    It's like owning a rodent. Some people love hamsters and treat them as part of the family. Others see one running around their homes, think its a rat, and attempt to kill it. lol...just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 12-20-2012 at 01:26 PM.

  4. #144
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,606
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Just curious, because you value all life, are you a vegetarian? Do you kill insects that are in your home or at your place of work?

    I'm a vegetarian, but more because I find it disgusting to eat something that at one point was able to produce feces. However, I do value all life, and is the reason I don't kill any insect or rodent...just simply take them outside and let them be. My best friends eat meat on a daily basis and my ex literally killed everything that moved in her apt...so it's not like I'm looking down at you...just curious.

    Disclosure: I always found the Mike Vick hate to be absurd. People go hunting for fun, people eat meat daily, people kill insects and rodents when they are in their homes, but somehow Mike Vick did jail time and suffers national abuse from pet owners because he killed dogs?

    It's like owning a rodent. Some people love hamsters and treat them as part of the family. Others see one running around their homes, think its a rat, and attempt to kill it. lol...just doesn't make sense.
    In our society Dogs have a special place.. In India cows are sacred and they have a temple built honoring rats..

  5. #145
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    1,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    In our society Dogs have a special place.. In India cows are sacred and they have a temple built honoring rats..
    Some pregnant Indian woman nurse monkeys, so while their connection to animals may be sacred, that doesn't prevent me from thinking they are bat **** insane.

    Caring for a dog and loving a dog, that's great. But there are people in this country that have lost their minds when it comes to animals. I know people who voted in the previous election against candidates who didn't vote for "animal rights." Really? Forget wars. Forget the economic crisis. Let's vote for the guy who will give Fido a bone. But it doesn't end there. I know several couples that would make great parents who refuse to have children and think a dog would be a good substitute. We need a future generation with their heads screwed on straight and yet these people will dress up their dog and talk them like they are a baby. To me, this behavior is truly revolting. If that dog gets hungry enough, he'll try to eat you because he's an animal.

    There is a physiological reason this country is trending downwards and part of that reason is some treat the animal kingdom better than their fellow man.

    Vick did his time and rightfully so. But if you want to see the man tortured over his crime you are not right in the head.

  6. #146
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,606
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    Some pregnant Indian woman nurse monkeys, so while their connection to animals may be sacred, that doesn't prevent me from thinking they are bat **** insane.

    Caring for a dog and loving a dog, that's great. But there are people in this country that have lost their minds when it comes to animals. I know people who voted in the previous election against candidates who didn't vote for "animal rights." Really? Forget wars. Forget the economic crisis. Let's vote for the guy who will give Fido a bone. But it doesn't end there. I know several couples that would make great parents who refuse to have children and think a dog would be a good substitute. We need a future generation with their heads screwed on straight and yet these people will dress up their dog and talk them like they are a baby. To me, this behavior is truly revolting. If that dog gets hungry enough, he'll try to eat you because he's an animal. There is a physiological reason this country is trending downwards and part of that reason is some treat the animal kingdom better than their fellow man.

    Vick did his time and rightfully so. But if you want to see the man tortured over his crime you are not right in the head.
    Dog's and Horses have served in time of War also.. I don't think Vick should be tortured or be the Jets QB.. BTW people have eaten people when they had no other choice.. Well except for Cannibals..LOL
    Last edited by Savage69; 12-20-2012 at 01:49 PM.

  7. #147
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    1,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Dog's and Horses have served in time of War also.. I don't think Vick should be tortured or be the Jets QB..
    Sorry my first sentence was just a reply to your comments. The rest is pretty much to the top thread who wanted to put Vick in a cage with dogs. If that guy hates Vick so much, he should want him to become the quarterback of this team. That is torture enough.

  8. #148
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    In our society Dogs have a special place.. In India cows are sacred and they have a temple built honoring rats..
    I know, I'm Indian.

    My response was to someone who said he values all life, and that he was sorry if it was a confusing concept. So whether dogs have a special place in this society or not has nothing to do with my post regarding the concept of valuing all life.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    Some pregnant Indian woman nurse monkeys, so while their connection to animals may be sacred, that doesn't prevent me from thinking they are bat **** insane.
    So one woman having a connection to a monkey makes an entire race bat-**** crazy?

    How about a society that imprisons a man for two years over killing dogs when humans killing other humans don't get nearly the same punishment (dante stallworth anyone?)? Especially when there are open, legal hunting areas in the same society for other "game" (read: animals)?

    I'd take some time out to rethink your characterization of an entire race. Especially after the awfulness that has gone on in our society over the past year or so with all the shootings...I know damn well that our society shouldn't be classified as mentally disturbed hate mongering murders just because of the ****ed up actions of a few.

  9. #149
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    1,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    I know, I'm Indian.

    My response was to someone who said he values all life, and that he was sorry if it was a confusing concept. So whether dogs have a special place in this society or not has nothing to do with my post regarding the concept of valuing all life.



    So one woman having a connection to a monkey makes an entire race bat-**** crazy?

    How about a society that imprisons a man for two years over killing dogs when humans killing other humans don't get nearly the same punishment (dante stallworth anyone?)? Especially when there are open, legal hunting areas in the same society for other "game" (read: animals)?

    I'd take some time out to rethink your characterization of an entire race. Especially after the awfulness that has gone on in our society over the past year or so with all the shootings...I know damn well that our society shouldn't be classified as mentally disturbed hate mongering murders just because of the ****ed up actions of a few.
    No, it is not a connection. It is a woman having beastality with a monkey. Also, my words were not intended to characterize everyone in India as being bat **** insane. They were to show that while yes they worship animals, to me, anyone who puts the life of an animal above that of a human has their priorities wrong. If you do that, then yes, I think you are bat **** insane.

    I also think your playing the part of the "race baitor," so let me help you out the next time you attack someone for hating an entire group of people and then make a connection to murders. Indians are Caucasian, and my comment is a stretch to assume that I implied all Caucasian woman nurse monkeys.

  10. #150
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    It is a woman having beastality with a monkey.


    You know when you reach a certain point in a thread where it has completely spun out of control and is almost beyond redemption? I think that sentence did it for me.

    Anyhoo....EVERYONE.......can we tone down the racial rhetoric and maybe take a breather on the venom? THis isnt even a VIck thread for gawdsakes.

    THanks.

    -

  11. #151
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,606
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    No, it is not a connection. It is a woman having beastality with a monkey. Also, my words were not intended to characterize everyone in India as being bat **** insane. They were to show that while yes they worship animals, to me, anyone who puts the life of an animal above that of a human has their priorities wrong. If you do that, then yes, I think you are bat **** insane.I also think your playing the part of the "race baitor," so let me help you out the next time you attack someone for hating an entire group of people and then make a connection to murders. Indians are Caucasian, and my comment is a stretch to assume that I implied all Caucasian woman nurse monkeys.
    Lets put it to the test.. Who would you save a serial killer that was to be executed or a puppy??

  12. #152
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    I also think your playing the part of the "race baitor," so let me help you out the next time you attack someone for hating an entire group of people and then make a connection to murders. Indians are Caucasian, and my comment is a stretch to assume that I implied all Caucasian woman nurse monkeys.
    "Some pregnant Indian woman nurse monkeys, so while their connection to animals may be sacred, that doesn't prevent me from thinking they are bat **** insane."

    ^That was your statement regarding Savage pointing out that cows in India are deemed sacred. Get it?

    I don't give a **** about race, and I love me some racist jokes because I don't see differences in color but I sure do love funny.

    My post was not about race. You brought that up. Go back and read it. It was about societal differences, and the harm that comes from characterizing an entire society based on a few individuals. In case you haven't realized, 'Murrica aint all one race or another. It's a society..I thought I made that clear enough in my post.

    My apologies for not understanding your poorly worded attempt at making a point, and for your inability to understand that this had nothing to do with race.

  13. #153
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    A thinly vailed atempt to paint me as a racist? Are you sure that your defense of this pos is not because he is black? Or maybe your defense of the thug turd is because you advocate the drug dealing gang banging dog fighting subculture...

    Interesting how innuendo works.

    Btw, Vick personally tortured and killed dogs. He should be doused with pigs blod and placed in a cage with the dogs that he tortured.

    This is not valuing dogs over humans. This is valuing all life. Sorry that this concept confuses you.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    So him having served jail time means nothing to you?

  14. #154
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post


    You know when you reach a certain point in a thread where it has completely spun out of control and is almost beyond redemption? I think that sentence did it for me.

    Anyhoo....EVERYONE.......can we tone down the racial rhetoric and maybe take a breather on the venom? THis isnt even a VIck thread for gawdsakes.

    THanks.

    -
    I gotchyer back bro.........keep going, you're doing great.

  15. #155
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Just curious, because you value all life, are you a vegetarian? Do you kill insects that are in your home or at your place of work?

    I'm a vegetarian, but more because I find it disgusting to eat something that at one point was able to produce feces. However, I do value all life, and is the reason I don't kill any insect or rodent...just simply take them outside and let them be. My best friends eat meat on a daily basis and my ex literally killed everything that moved in her apt...so it's not like I'm looking down at you...just curious.

    Disclosure: I always found the Mike Vick hate to be absurd. People go hunting for fun, people eat meat daily, people kill insects and rodents when they are in their homes, but somehow Mike Vick did jail time and suffers national abuse from pet owners because he killed dogs?

    It's like owning a rodent. Some people love hamsters and treat them as part of the family. Others see one running around their homes, think its a rat, and attempt to kill it. lol...just doesn't make sense.
    No, I am not a vegitarian. Eating meat does not equate to torturing and killing dogs, or any animals, for fun, social standing, or entertainment. Well, if you are 12 it might, but not to any rational adult.

    I do not advocate hunting as sport unless you are eating what you kill.

    And btw, plants produce feces of a sort. It's called oxygen. You breathe it. Circle of life and all that.

  16. #156
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    Some pregnant Indian woman nurse monkeys, so while their connection to animals may be sacred, that doesn't prevent me from thinking they are bat **** insane.
    Total strawman. We are not discussing Indian women nursing monkeys. I will say, however, that at least she is doing good. Vick and his ilk torturing and killing dogs is cruelty at its worst.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    Caring for a dog and loving a dog, that's great. But there are people in this country that have lost their minds when it comes to animals. I know people who voted in the previous election against candidates who didn't vote for "animal rights." Really? Forget wars. Forget the economic crisis. Let's vote for the guy who will give Fido a bone. But it doesn't end there. I know several couples that would make great parents who refuse to have children and think a dog would be a good substitute. We need a future generation with their heads screwed on straight and yet these people will dress up their dog and talk them like they are a baby. To me, this behavior is truly revolting.
    Another strawman. But just to be clear. You are revolted by people loving and caring for an animal, but torturing and killing them is OK. I think a little reflection is in order.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    If that dog gets hungry enough, he'll try to eat you because he's an animal.
    You have obviously never had a dog as a pet. All of my dogs would lay down their lives for me and my family. All of them. No question.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    There is a physiological reason this country is trending downwards and part of that reason is some treat the animal kingdom better than their fellow man.
    No, torturing and killing your fellow man for fun or street cred is just as wrong. Where do you come up with these arguments?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    Vick did his time and rightfully so. But if you want to see the man tortured over his crime you are not right in the head.
    No, Vick did time on federal gambling charges. He never served time for this crimes against the animals he had.

    Vick is a cruel heartless SOB. As such, he deserves the same that he gave out. My mental health is fine, btw. Thanks for asking.

  17. #157
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    So him having served jail time means nothing to you?
    Yes, that would be correct.

  18. #158
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Another strawman. But just to be clear. You are revolted by people loving and caring for an animal, but torturing and killing them is OK. I think a little reflection is in order.
    Does your mom wear fur? You take your kids to the circus? Because you talk like an animal rights activist. The way you speak, you'd be a hypocrite if you weren't

  19. #159
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Yes, that would be correct.
    The people who are the least forgiving and tolerant are usually the ones who need the most forgiveness and require the most tolerance. Your so good at judging people you must have rainbows shooting out of your *ss, never said a swear word, never done anything wrong in your life and never once done something that you regret and wish others would forgive you for. Is that you Jesus?

    There are alledged murderers, rapists, drug heads and many other bad people in this league. If you want to build your team with Saints then have fun being 0-16 with the Tim Tebows of the world. Root for the front of the jersey and not the back and you won't take everything so damn serious. Just an opinion.

  20. #160
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    No, I am not a vegitarian. Eating meat does not equate to torturing and killing dogs, or any animals, for fun, social standing, or entertainment. Well, if you are 12 it might, but not to any rational adult.

    I do not advocate hunting as sport unless you are eating what you kill.
    Hmm, I'm not sure what age or rationality have to do with this. I asked you two simple questions; half of which you answered. Good for you.

    You claim that it's not a confusing concept, but I'm still confused. On one hand, you you claim that you "value all life", but on the other, that eating animals is not the same as killing. And if you were born with three hands, then on the third hand, you completely left out the part about whether you value the life of insects and rodents...or do you eat those as well which makes it ok to kill?

    I know I come across as dooshy in this thread, but this is something that I never understood, and am just looking for some clarity. Being a vegetarian and someone who practices Ahimsa myself, I don't force it on to others, and frankly, don't care about what others do on their own. But when the topic of Mike Vick comes up, every pet owner gets worked up about 'the dignity of living creatures' while still engaging in activities which (from an outsiders perspective) seem contradictory to the notion.

    And btw, plants produce feces of a sort. It's called oxygen. You breathe it. Circle of life and all that.
    Lol, oxygen is no feces my friend. Humans produce CO2 and bits of nitrogen while breathing, and feces during digestion.

    Plants take in that CO2 and release oxygen. You know, circle of life and all that.
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 12-20-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us