Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: ***Per Mehta Jets to try and trade Sanchez after season per source***

Banned
    Also in my opinion if someone is willing to stop rooting for a team b/c of one individual player on that team then their allegiance to said team has to be questioned and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Does your mom wear fur? You take your kids to the circus? Because you talk like an animal rights activist. The way you speak, you'd be a hypocrite if you weren't
    Haha.. does my mom where fur? You are a funny guy. My mom has been dead for 30 years. When she was alive, she could not afford furs. If she did, I would have no problem with it.

Killing animals to provide us with food or warmth is fine. Is it cruel when a lioness kills and eats an antelope?

Intentionally torturing, maiming,and killing dogs or any animal for entertainment or street cred is not the same. You know it, I know it, we all know it. Please save these juvenile arguments for the school yard.

So no, I am not an animal rights activist. I just know cruelty when I see it. Having Vick as the QB of the Jets would put me in a position to root for someone whose actions I despise.

Just say no to Vick.

If you eat store-bought eggs or meat you really have no place to complain about dog fighting. I'm not defending dog fighting or those who do it at all - I was deeply upset about it. But I recognize the hypocrisy in myself when I pick up a dozen eggs at the store considering the reprehensible conditions to which those animals are subjected.

Vick served his time and he seemed contrite. I believe in rehabilitation and second chances.

But dogs have a special place in the hierarchy of animals in human society. They are seen as family members, beloved companions, etc. Some of them work leading the blind, corralling animals, smelling cancer or bombs.

So it's just one of those things that you have to accept, I think. Vick will be forever marked the way he is because, for a number of people, what he did was only slightly less abhorrent than had he done it to babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    The people who are the least forgiving and tolerant are usually the ones who need the most forgiveness and require the most tolerance. Your so good at judging people you must have rainbows shooting out of your *ss, never said a swear word, never done anything wrong in your life and never once done something that you regret and wish others would forgive you for. Is that you Jesus?
    Yes, I am a saint. Of course! Anyone who takes exception with someone who tortures dogs must be a saint in order to express that opinion.

Child, Please!

There are alledged murderers, rapists, drug heads and many other bad people in this league. If you want to build your team with Saints then have fun being 0-16 with the Tim Tebows of the world. Root for the front of the jersey and not the back and you won't take everything so damn serious. Just an opinion.
    Raplisburger probably did rape that girl. I would not want him on my team, and will not root for him. Murder? who? Drug heads (what ever that is)? PEDs you mean? Victimless crime. No cruelty involved.

Also in my opinion if someone is willing to stop rooting for a team b/c of one individual player on that team then their allegiance to said team has to be questioned and rightfully so.
    I must have missed that. What page is this rule in the Football Fans Rulebook?

Hall Of Fame
    LOL....I last posted in this thread a few hours ago about the cap implications of trading Sanchez and now see it has evolved into a thread about cannibalism and bestiality.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    If you eat store-bought eggs or meat you really have no place to complain about dog fighting.
    LOL

This has to be the silliest sh*t I've ever read on this board.

And that's saying something.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

We don't agree on much

But this thread is definitely in the Dumbness top 5 in JI history

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Haha.. does my mom where fur? You are a funny guy. My mom has been dead for 30 years. When she was alive, she could not afford furs. If she did, I would have no problem with it.

Killing animals to provide us with food or warmth is fine. Is it cruel when a lioness kills and eats an antelope?

Intentionally torturing, maiming,and killing dogs or any animal for entertainment or street cred is not the same. You know it, I know it, we all know it. Please save these juvenile arguments for the school yard.

So no, I am not an animal rights activist. I just know cruelty when I see it. Having Vick as the QB of the Jets would put me in a position to root for someone whose actions I despise.

Just say no to Vick.
    Ok so you're cool with torturing 30-100 animals to make a coat? Your selective outrage is very telling

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

+1000

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    We don't agree on much

But this thread is definitely in the Dumbness top 5 in JI history

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    No doubt

If you eat store-bought eggs or meat you really have no place to complain about dog fighting. I'm not defending dog fighting or those who do it at all - I was deeply upset about it. But I recognize the hypocrisy in myself when I pick up a dozen eggs at the store considering the reprehensible conditions to which those animals are subjected.

Vick served his time and he seemed contrite. I believe in rehabilitation and second chances.

But dogs have a special place in the hierarchy of animals in human society. They are seen as family members, beloved companions, etc. Some of them work leading the blind, corralling animals, smelling cancer or bombs.

So it's just one of those things that you have to accept, I think. Vick will be forever marked the way he is because, for a number of people, what he did was only slightly less abhorrent than had he done it to babies.
    Please, Please Please tell me that you are kidding with this. Eating store bought eggs or meat has nothing to do with dog fighting.

One is an efficient supply chain for the food supply, the other is an intentionally cruel sport.

Humans are carnivores. We get the bulk of our protein through meat from animals that we kill FOR FOOD. This is no more cruel than a lioness killing an antelope to feed her pride.

Dog fighting involves abusing, torturing, and killing animals for sport, entertainment, or street cred.

They are nothing alike and a moral equivalence cannot be drawn.

All League
    Well I have 35 years of dedicated Sundays and roughly 20 jerseys that say otherwise. Maybe my conviction and morals are different than yours. I hold myself to a pretty high standard and just cant "root" for someone like Vick.

While I agree with Parcells that we all root for the helmets, I just dont think its worthy to give all the energy and attention to a guy that is a failure as a person and a player.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Please, Please Please tell me that you are kidding with this. Eating store bought eggs or meat has nothing to do with dog fighting.

One is an efficient supply chain for the food supply, the other is an intentionally cruel sport.

Humans are carnivores. We get the bulk of our protein through meat from animals that we kill FOR FOOD. This is no more cruel than a lioness killing an antelope to feed her pride.

Dog fighting involves abusing, torturing, and killing animals for sport, entertainment, or street cred.

I would rather see Gladiators fight to the death then dogs.. The closest we come is football and they are trying to pussify that..

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The thought of Mark Sanchez never donning a Jets jersey again after December 30 makes me the happiest I've been in my 24 years of Jets fan-hood.
    Surely getting rid of Kotite in 96' trumps that in that timeframe.......

F Mehta and his sources? Fing guy hasn't right about anything the last 2 years

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    F Mehta and his sources? Fing guy hasn't right about anything the last 2 years
    Really? It's been my observation that he has been spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    Just hear me out here. You might think that it is impossible to trade him given his regression, but I bet there are teams out there that still see upside. Meanwhile, no way the Jets can cut him with that cap charge.

Say the Jets say to Mark, we're not cutting you, and you are not starting next year. You'll be released after having sat on the bench for a year and make little to nothing as a free agent. Or... you work with us to find a trading partner. You're due 8 million next year, maybe you renegotiate and sign for 3-4 years, 12-14 million to facilitate a trade (average 3-4 mil/year). You make more money over that time than you would have if you stayed. And you have the chance to resurrect your career.

Possible suitors:
    1) Arizona (desperate)
    2) Oakland (eventually to move on from Carson, and Sanchez wants back to west coast)
    3) Jacksonville (the Gabbert experiment is almost over)
    4) St. Louis (maybe open competition with Bradford, or be his back-up, reunite with Shotty)

Could receive a mid-round pick or a vet in return (not sure of a Carson Palmer swap, e.g., don't know cap possibilities there).

Questions to the cap gurus:
    1) Is he tradable, meaning, could that reduce the cap hit to the Jets, compared to an outright release?
    2) What would the actually cap hit be if they could move him?
    I can't see any of those as being viable exp maybe Oakland. lol at him "Competing with Bradford". If anyone where to trade for Mark it would be as a BU not to compete or be a potential starter. But then you have to ask yourself what idiot would pay almost 9 mil for a BU. I have said it in other threads Oakland does make the most sense. Mainly because they are looking to move cap crap that we may actually be able to use. McClain, McFadden, Brisiel, Bey, Seymour, and Branch are all players I can see them trying to move this off season. In the end would likely cost us like 20 mil in cap but still cheaper then then cutting Mark and trying to sign the players in question.

All Pro

Not playing with a full deck, are you?

As opposed to abusing, torturing and killing animals for food.

Those dogs probably died a more peaceful death than the chickens and the cows you eat.