Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Per Mehta Jets to try and trade Sanchez after season per source***

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    My understanding is that is we designate him as a June 1 cut, or rework his contract to pay a certain portion of his salary as a bonus, then the cap hit will be roughly the same at $12 million.

If we can get a 6th or 7th for him, or maybe a fringe player, then it is worth it to see if he can be traded, and if no takers just designate him a June 1 and spread the cap hit over 2 years with 12 being in next years.
    The cap implications of getting rid Sanchez are ugly. I say hold on to Sanchez for another season or however long it takes to get out from under his contract, draft EJ Manuel and let Manuel and McElroy compete for the starting job next season.

I'd rather have Sanchez as the #2 or #3 on our depth chart eating $7 mil in cap room than not be here at all and eating $12 mil + in cap room.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Even my dog said he would take Vick over Sanchez..
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    KInd of disagree.

As mentioned earlier, if Ryan Leaf got a second chance....
    He most certainly will get a 2nd chance but not for 3mill a year to be a back up

Ryan leaf was signed for vet min by tampa the year after the chargers released him.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is where desperate GMs on the hot seat really screw up a franchise.

This is why Tannebaum needs to be relieved of his duties before the team arrives back from Buffalo.

Practice Squad
    Maybe Woody thinks he can sell PSLs to dogfights? Investment Gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    This is where desperate GMs on the hot seat really screw up a franchise.

This is why Tannebaum needs to be relieved of his duties before the team arrives back from Buffalo.
    The trade deadline has passed. And trades aren't permitted until early March, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Mehta's article does account for it. The Jets will pay the guarantee of $8.5 million and then trade him so the new team will only have to pay him about $3.5 million and have less cap space taken up and Knicks dont get $17 million cap hit if they had cut him.
    This is not difficult. Sanchez costs the Jets a total of 8.5 mill of cap room over the next three years even if he dies if he dies in january.

He is owed another 8.25 mill is salary next year that is fully guranteed as long as he is breathing.

He is owed another 500,000 if he is breathing and reports to the off season workouts.

If he is traded or cut before the offseason workouts he hits the 2013 cap for
    16.75 mill dollars. If a team trades for him and picks up whatever part of that guaranteed 8.25mill salary, that part is removed from the 16.75 mill cap hit.

If he stays on the jets, he gets the 8.25 and the .5 WO bonus. However 4.5 mill of non-amoritized money is added for cap purposes, this is not "new" money but just the pro rated portion of the 3 years remaining on his SB for a total cap hit this year of about 12.75 mill.

So for the jets to save cap money this year, the new team will have to pay enough of sanchez 2013 salary equal to the 2014 and 2015 prorated bonus or about 4.5 mill.

So the question is can the jets find a buyer for sanchez for enough money to warrant adding the 2014 and 2015 pro-ration on to the 2013 cap.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The trade deadline has passed. And trades aren't permitted until early March, I believe.
    I don't want him anywhere near a phone. We need a new GM. That means we need to start looking for one yesterday.

man gotta give Sanchez's agent a lot of credit.. he schooled MT into giving Sanchez an extention after a bad year.. Like he knew Marky would do bad again, he made it impossible to get rid of him.. Trying to force Jets han into playing him no matter how bad he is.. Genius.. MT not!

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    This is not difficult. Sanchez costs the Jets a total of 8.5 mill of cap room over the next three years even if he dies if he dies in january.

He is owed another 8.25 mill is salary next year that is fully guranteed as long as he is breathing.

He is owed another 500,000 if he is breathing and reports to the off season workouts.

16.75 mill dollars. If a team trades for him and picks up whatever part of that guaranteed 8.25mill salary, that part is removed from the 16.75 mill cap hit.

If he stays on the jets, he gets the 8.25 and the .5 WO bonus. However 4.5 mill of non-amoritized money is added for cap purposes, this is not "new" money but just the pro rated portion of the 3 years remaining on his SB for a total cap hit this year of about 12.75 mill.

So for the jets to save cap money this year, the new team will have to pay enough of sanchez 2013 salary equal to the 2014 and 2015 prorated bonus or about 4.5 mill.

So the question is can the jets find a buyer for sanchez for enough money to warrant adding the 2014 and 2015 pro-ration on to the 2013 cap.

^ "even if he dies if he dies...."

Is there an echo in here?

Vick is maybe the most overrated player in NFL history,that being said he's a huge upgrade over Sanchez..that's how bad he sucks.

Personally I would like to see the Jets try and trade for Matt Flynn.Have him compete with Greg and a draft pick for the starting qb job

I think the most they can get for Sanchez is what a 6th round pick..maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    man gotta give Sanchez's agent a lot of credit.. he schooled MT into giving Sanchez an extention after a bad year.. Like he knew Marky would do bad again, he made it impossible to get rid of him.. Trying to force Jets han into playing him no matter how bad he is.. Genius.. MT not!
    I wouldn't give Mark's agent ANY credit.

This extension was all Tanny's attempting to soothe Mark's ego. That's it.

His agent had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I wouldn't give Mark's agent ANY credit.

This extension was all Tanny's attempting to soothe Mark's ego. That's it.

His agent had nothing to do with it.
    That extension was more about Tannenbaum thinking he could collect more fat GM paychecks in 2013 since he knows he's married to Sanchez; you don't think so?

Piece of sh*t sold all the fans and team out. Who gives a dog that mailed in the end of the 2011 season an extension like that? When Flacco, who was a dropped TD away from the SB, was told to forget about new contracts, you're playing out your entire rookie deal.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

I'd assume the first move made this offseason is the GM to approach mark about converting some of that guaranteed $ to signing bonus to help with the cap or facilitate a trade

NYDN: Jets will look to Vick if Sanchez Traded

My God this would be the end all be all worst!!!!!!!

Less than four years after the Jets made a franchise-changing decision to move up in the draft for Mark Sanchez, they will attempt to trade the struggling quarterback after the season.
    One day after Rex Ryan benched Sanchez for third-stringer Greg McElroy for Sunday’s game against the Chargers, the Daily News has learned that the Jets will explore trading the player that they once believed would be their franchise quarterback.

It’s a stunning reality for a team that enjoyed the success of back-to-back AFC Championship Game appearances in Sanchez’s first two seasons. The Jets’ decision to look for trading partners doesn’t eliminate the possibility that he could be back in 2013 and still compete for the starting job.

In order for the Jets to pull off a deal, they would almost certainly have to absorb the bulk of Sanchez’s guaranteed $8.25 million base salary for 2013.

The Jets’ need to replace Sanchez with a veteran signal caller could lead them to another player who has fallen on hard times recently.

The News has learned that Michael Vick, who is expected to be released by the Eagles shortly after the season, would be amenable to coming to the Jets if Sanchez is out of the equation.

“Bring it on,” one Jets source said about signing Vick if he becomes available. “He was hit too many times (behind a subpar offensive line) the last two years.”

Rex Ryan may be the X-Factor to land Vick, according to sources. Ryan has always had an affinity for Vick, who could potentially help save the coach from getting his walking papers after the 2013 season.

“(Ryan) loves him,” a team official said.

The Jets’ solid offensive line and defense also make them an attractive option for Vick, who lost his starting job after suffering a concussion this season.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2FYzILIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    If we get Vick, I'm done as a fan. Not paying PSL payment.
    I agree!! Vick is a ....!! Ah nevermind, not getting banned for saying it!!

yeah we might actually win 10 games. god forbid. I'm okay with bringing in vick for the short term and drafting a young QB to develop behind him. the idea of starting all over with another rookie QB sounds like torture. no pun intended

If Rex loves Vick better run in the opposite direction.

NO CHANCE any team would be stupid enough to trade for Sanchez, ZERO.

Before his last year in Oakland would anyone trade for Jawlarus Russell and his contract? Sanchez is in that category and no team is desperate enough to trade for a guy with a huge ticket that is totally horrendous.

this insults the intelligence of every other GM in the league

Jets Insider VIP
    Woot?

Sent from a phone using an app