Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on the Giants?

thoughts on the Giants?

NYJ-NYG is not quite like NYM-NYY. in the latter, Met fans hate Yankee fans, and vice versa... but with the NFL we get this half hearted 'I like both, but prefer...' I am thankful to say I never felt this way, and the 2 Giant titles under ridiculous circumstances (both 07 and 11 Giants were mediocre teams, I say it without flinching) have only hardened my position. I hate the Giants, like I hate the Yankees! but I wish to have the barometer of the Jet fan base. your thoughts?

The one thing that can make me hate the Giants has to do with the media coverage.

Every time they do something right its amazing, every time they do something wrong its no big deal.

When the Jets do something good like go to back to back championship games i feel like the media just hates it, and when they have a season like this which really isnt as bad as it seems they just love it.

It seems like the media just kisses the Giants ass and wants the Jets to fail every chance they get so I wouldn't say I hate the Giants but the media coverage at times can make me feel that way.

At this point it seems like just get use to the media bias.

By the way as a yankee fan I don't hate the mets. I hate the red sox.

Bewildered Beast
    I hate em and their stupid stupid fans.

All League
    Have no problem w/ the Giants. Only "hate" them when they play the Jets. On a sidenote, have no problem w/ the Yankees either. Only "hate" them when they play the Mets.

Veteran
    They're playing in the NFC so from a sports background I don't care. It's just rivalry and lots of this is made up by the media.

I don't hate the Giants, I don't hate the Mets, I don't hate the Rangers. I thought I'd be more hostile to the newly arrived Brooklyn Nets, but I'm not. The only local team that I really dislike would be the Devils.

Jets Insider VIP
    Does this mean uou are one of those rare as hens teeth Brooklyn Icelander fans??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

My hatred for them has grown since Rex came on board. Primarily bc their fans started to hate the jets bc of the Rex factor. A lot of things contributed to their hate of him, the way he runs his mouth, the fact that the Jets were better than the Giants for his first two seasons, but they are very vocal about their dislike of our team. (atleast the giant fans i know) That made me start to root against them very much. Can't say I ever really had those feelings prior.

Outside of them playing the Pats, or another competetive team in the AFC east, I can't think of a team I'd root for them against.

All League
    **** the mother ****ing Giants I ****ing hate the Giants and nothing would make me happier than to see them ****ing fail every ****ing season

**** THAT.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    NYJ-NYG is not quite like NYM-NYY. in the latter, Met fans hate Yankee fans, and vice versa... but with the NFL we get this half hearted 'I like both, but prefer...' I am thankful to say I never felt this way, and the 2 Giant titles under ridiculous circumstances (both 07 and 11 Giants were mediocre teams, I say it without flinching) have only hardened my position. I hate the Giants, like I hate the Yankees! but I wish to have the barometer of the Jet fan base. your thoughts?
    Get this **** out of here.

Bunch of bull****.

You can't like both teams. Period.

Jets Insider VIP
    No one hates the Mets. There's simply no reason to.

As for the Giants, I will be forever grateful to them for stamping out Brady and Belicheat twice.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm a Jets/Yankees/Knicks/Rangers fan.

I have no hatred for the Giants. They do get treated better than the Jets but that is bc they don't act like a$$holes/clowns/buffoons. The Jets do. I don't blame the Giants for how the Jets are treated.

I actually root for the Mets when they are not playing the Yanks. I do not view the Mets as a threat. They get the "loveable losers" treatment that that Jets should get.

I am indifferent towards the Nets. I am not a diehard basketball fan. I admit that I left the Knicks during the Isiah years.

I root for the Islanders. I am glad that they are moving to Brooklyn although my preference would have been for them to stay in a rebuilt Nassau Coliseum. I blame NC for that, not the Islander. I think Wang is a good owner who has poured money into a sinking ship. I hope they get things turned around.

All Pro
    I have no problem with the Giants. I actually like some of their players. And I root hard for them at least twice a year when they play the Eagles. It's unfortunate, as a Jets fan, that they get a pass from the media for just about everything all the time. But they've earned that by winning.

As a Yankees fan, I don't hate the Mets at all. I feel sorry for them and their fans. They're not even on my rivalry radar, to be honest.

By the way, if the Jets get Vick, the Giants will be my new team. The transition won't be hard at all.

As far as I'm concerned, the Giants are the trash of New York and always will be. The amount of arrogance that comes from that franchise on every level (front office, players, etc) is disgusting. And don't even get me started on the fanbase, I'll just say they make Philly fans look good.

I have a lot of respect for good organizations like the Packers, Steelers, etc. But the Giants are a low class franchise that doesn't deserve any respect in my eyes.

I don't mind them at all. I am not in NY so I don't have to put up with the blather from Giants fans but I am totally grateful that they beat the pats twice. I hate the Pats far more than any other team thus them going down twice to the giants is fine by me. I also like their team building philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJets View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, the Giants are the trash of New York and always will be. The amount of arrogance that comes from that franchise on every level (front office, players, etc) is disgusting. And don't even get me started on the fanbase, I'll just say they make Philly fans look good.

I have a lot of respect for good organizations like the Packers, Steelers, etc. But the Giants are a low class franchise that doesn't deserve any respect in my eyes.
    The amount of arrogance shown by the giants? have you listened to what the Jet players and head coach have said over the last 4 years? And what is it about a rival's fan opinions that get you upset.

Schokey, Tiki, Burress were the types of players that get my goat, but they got rid of Schokey, cut Burress and did their best to **** Tikis mouth.

All Pro
    I really don't hate the Giants. But my friends who are Giants fans aren't real obnoxious about their winning vs. the Jets losing. When I was a kid I hated them.

Same thing with the Mets. I don't really care that much except when they play the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I HATE the Giants. And I agree with you, they were a mediocre team both championship runs, they will never be remembered fondly when looking back at the championship teams in this league. Think about it, for both SB runs, during the season, the Giant fanbase at various points hated the team, late in '07 season they wanted to cut Eli and move on from him, and in '07 and '11 late in the season wanted Coughlin fired. Giant fans can act proud of those titles all they want, at no point was their team considered a title contender in either season and they weren't the type of dream season a fan wants to have. Let me know when the Giants win 13-14 games, be the team to beat all year, and then win it. It'll never happen under Eli, he's just not good enough. Anyone needed evidence of that, look at the season he's having right now, he's closer to the level of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Carson Palmer than he is to Rodgers or Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I HATE the Giants. And I agree with you, they were a mediocre team both championship runs, they will never be remembered fondly when looking back at the championship teams in this league. Think about it, for both SB runs, during the season, the Giant fanbase at various points hated the team, late in '07 season they wanted to cut Eli and move on from him, and in '07 and '11 late in the season wanted Coughlin fired. Giant fans can act proud of those titles all they want, at no point was their team considered a title contender in either season and they weren't the type of dream season a fan wants to have. Let me know when the Giants win 13-14 games, be the team to beat all year, and then win it. It'll never happen under Eli, he's just not good enough. Anyone needed evidence of that, look at the season he's having right now, he's closer to the level of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Carson Palmer than he is to Rodgers or Brady.
    And that is the difference between the jets and the giants for two years in a row we were the giants except we never won the afc title game nor the super bowl.....and that's all that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    And that is the difference between the jets and the giants for two years in a row we were the giants except we never won the afc title game nor the super bowl.....and that's all that counts.
    This is pretty true, but the whole "Giants are the model franchise" thing gets overblown. If they miss the playoffs this season, that will be 3 of 4 seasons they are not in the playoffs. Last year they made it at 9-7, in other divisions around the league, they may not have even qualified for the playoffs. It's a fun ride for their fans late in the season, but they've hardly created a dynasty.