Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: thoughts on the Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    heres my biggest issue with their delusional fans.....they alll have jumped on the bandwagon since 1986 and forget that they really sucked prior to that. "the model franchise" sucked back in the day. Theyve been around since 1925 and before 86 had nothing to show for it superbowl wise. The fans flew banners over the stadium and burned tickets they were so bad, they were a joke. And now their recent history they have been blessed by some of the luckiest plays in NFL history. I hate the arrogance of their delusional fan base and the organization and hope they lose for years to come. I despise them.
    1986 was 26 years ago. I started watching the Jets when I was 10 in 1964, the Giants when I was 6 when I went to games at the old Yankee Stadium.

I'm pretty sure the Giants had won more NFL Championships then the Jets before 1986 although much of it happend before I was born. The only reason the Jets SB seems like yesterday is my short term memory is gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    1986 was 26 years ago. I started watching the Jets when I was 10 in 1964, the Giants when I was 6 when I went to games at the old Yankee Stadium.

I'm pretty sure the Giants had won more NFL Championships then the Jets before 1986 although much of it happend before I was born. The only reason the Jets SB seems like yesterday is my short term memory is gone.
    WB you missed the League Championship when you were 2?? They lost to the Weeb's Colts in 1958 but they were good until I went into the service in 1963.. Here's a fun fact Johnny Sample's rookie season was on Weeb's 1958 Colt Championship team and his last was on Weeb's Jet Championship team 1969 against the Colts..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    WB you missed the League Championship when you were 2?? They lost to the Weeb's Colts in 1958 but they were good until I went into the service in 1963.. Here's a fun fact Johnny Sample's rookie season was on Weeb's 1958 Colt Championship team and his last was on Weeb's Jet Championship team 1969 against the Colts..

Good to know I'm not the only one who won't remember this season very long.

My Giants fan friend wanted me to post this in response. I don't agree with him on everything, obviously, as I hate the Giants as well, but we are an embarrassment right now for sure.

"tough times for Jets fans i get it. finally came to grips with fact that enitre Sanchez era has been a joke and a waste and u let the greatest D in franchise history slip through your hands with exactly 0 championships to show for it. ALso learned a lot about your head coach and his inablity to make the right moves in order to stubbornly and weakly preserve his reputation as a soft player friendly coach. Also learning the GM you once produced Memes of worship over is a total sham and you are trying to run him out of town a few years later. But yeah, New York Giants are probably the #1 problem the Jets face right now. Those lucky idiots who walk backwards into Super Bowls and beat the team the Jets have more trouble beating twice a year than anyone else in football. What a joke, it's like all the Giants have to do is field a team and they're handed Lombardis for that. Poor Jets."

Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    My Giants fan friend wanted me to post this in response. I don't agree with him on everything, obviously, as I hate the Giants as well, but we are an embarrassment right now for sure.

"tough times for Jets fans i get it. finally came to grips with fact that enitre Sanchez era has been a joke and a waste and u let the greatest D in franchise history slip through your hands with exactly 0 championships to show for it. ALso learned a lot about your head coach and his inablity to make the right moves in order to stubbornly and weakly preserve his reputation as a soft player friendly coach. Also learning the GM you once produced Memes of worship over is a total sham and you are trying to run him out of town a few years later. But yeah, New York Giants are probably the #1 problem the Jets face right now. Those lucky idiots who walk backwards into Super Bowls and beat the team the Jets have more trouble beating twice a year than anyone else in football. What a joke, it's like all the Giants have to do is field a team and they're handed Lombardis for that. Poor Jets."
    Pretty accurate in most respects, especially the wasting the early years with a rookie QB with one year of college starting under his belt.

After the Jets, The Cowboys, Eagles and Skins are my favorite teams.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I was rooting for the Pats in their previous two Super Bowl appearances.

The Giants are the only NY team I truly loathe.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    NO ONE cares about the pre-1965 NFL

my team is the jets i root for no one else.

Christmas eve last year made me hate their fans.

Don't hate them at all. I don't hate any NY team. Like to see them do well, when my team is out of it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by herecomedajets View Post
    My hatred for them has grown since Rex came on board. Primarily bc their fans started to hate the jets bc of the Rex factor. A lot of things contributed to their hate of him, the way he runs his mouth, the fact that the Jets were better than the Giants for his first two seasons, but they are very vocal about their dislike of our team. (atleast the giant fans i know) That made me start to root against them very much. Can't say I ever really had those feelings prior.

Outside of them playing the Pats, or another competetive team in the AFC east, I can't think of a team I'd root for them against.
    Two of my best friends are giants fans and they did the same thing to me. For some reason, Rex caused them much hatred for the Jets. Their constant bad mouthing of my squad has turned me against the Giants FOREVER!! I rooted for them in the first Super Bowl vs. the pats and I just wanted everyone to get gastroenteritis in the rematch.

+100000000

Bingo

I don't really know why either, I just hate them a lot. Eli having 2 SB victories and an otherwise unremarkable career bothers me a lot too. He's not a good enough QB to have 2 rings, at least not in the way that I understand the league. The helmet catch, the Kyle Williams fumbles, etc... what other franchise gets those breaks?

All you need to know about the last 2 Giants title runs. David Tyree, a scrub nothing player, makes arguably the greatest catch of all-time on a poorly thrown ball. Giants win the SB, without it they lose. Wes Welker, a top 10, maybe top 5 WR in the league, has a so-so thrown ball hit his hands for what would have only been a slightly difficult catch, and he drops it. Giants win the SB, he catches it they lose. Right there is the margin between Eli being mentioned as HoF v. just an above average QB. Funny league....
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 12-20-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Football's the only sort I actively watch- I hate the Giants more than almost anything in the world- grew up in a Mets household so couldn't root for the Spanks even if I wanted to- have zero interest in baseball but view the Yankees and Giants as equally evil. Neutral on the Knicks, don't care for the Nets (although don't hate them), sympathetic towards the Islanders and dislike both Rangers and Devs but hate the Devs a little bit more. Can't stand people who root for all NY teams- I'd only be excited about the Jets winning.

Giants fans are bitter, Jets fans are sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    they get some lucky sht, no doubt. first super bowl, asante Samuel drops game sealing INT. A few plays later, Tyree catches the ball on his head. jeez. but the next two seasons, Eli turns the ball over 52 times! Giants do nothing. Don't even get me started on some games from last year where they pulled it out.

In a nutshell, Giants are far from a great team. They just tend to take advantage of their opportunities at big times.
    Not for nothing but just about every Super Bowl team in recent history that ever won has at one point or another been a play away from elimination..

The bottom line is Samuel DID drop the ball.. Tyree DID catch the ball..

It happens..