Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74

Thread: Leaving The Land of the Morning Calm...Korea

  1. #1

    Leaving The Land of the Morning Calm...Korea

    After 6 years I am finally leaving Korea, they will surely miss their hero!

    I will comeback to JI in the near future...

    Peace out...beetches!

    P.S.

    Where is my JI T-shirt?????

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:GFY・゚✧
    Posts
    32,426
    You're not coming back to the USA....are you?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You're not coming back to the USA....are you?
    LMFAO

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You're not coming back to the USA....are you?
    I hear Syria is nice this time of year.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,045
    For a second I thought the thread title read "leaving the morning clam"

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    Where is my JI T-shirt?????
    North Korea.



    -

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    After 6 years I am finally leaving Korea, they will surely miss their hero!

    I will comeback to JI in the near future...

    Peace out...beetches!

    P.S.

    Where is my JI T-shirt?????
    COMMON!

  8. #8
    I'm getting the vibe that Sports isn't a popular guy around these parts...

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,106
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I'm getting the vibe that Sports isn't a popular guy around these parts...
    he posted a picture of himself holding jizz in his hand. so no. although JT sent a friends request.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    he posted a picture of himself holding jizz in his hand. so no. although JT sent a friends request.
    Sounds about right.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    he posted a picture of himself holding jizz in his hand. so no. although JT sent a friends request.
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Sounds about right.
    Still hasn't been accepted.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Still hasn't been accepted.
    you've been running red light by those traffic cameras and committing other American-type crimes.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    After 6 years I am finally leaving Korea, they will surely miss their hero!

    I will comeback to JI in the near future...

    Peace out...beetches!

    P.S.

    Where is my JI T-shirt?????
    ================================================== ===

    Thank you for your service.

  15. #15
    A country that continues to develop their technology and landscape.

    These are some of the things that I have learned or appreciated (or not) for the time I spent here (leaving in a few weeks):

    1. Food is great but some it have a foul smell. If you haven't tried (tak-to-ritan or spicy chicken soup; Kam-ya-tan or pork rib soup; samgyatan - chicken soup; samgiipsal, bibimbap and bulgolgi are well known in the US. I also tried frog and bondegi which is a bug (no $hit-delicious and high protein!)

    2. They can't drive worth a damn

    3. Fish markets sales are relatevely inexpensive

    4. Removing their shoes before entering the house (I highly recommend this).

    5. Honoring their elders

    6. Four seasons (too much rain during monsoon)

    7. Anniversaries and memorials are very unique.

    8. Education- kids go to school 6 days a week; short summer breaks and above 90% high-school graduation rate

    9. Mandatory military service for all men- (oh yeah, I vote for that one in the US)

    10. Electronic Markets- gadgets and more gadgets

    11. A lot of men are femenine

    12. Work ethics (great as a team but awful as individuals).

    13. A traveling hub for other Asian countries such as China, Phillippines, Thailand, Japan and Vietnam.

    14. Some negatives- 20% of the country probable appreciate our presence (some of it has to do with some off-the-wall behavioir/incidents such as rape, etc) and Korean women are very bushy down there (even the younger generation).

    I will probably not return to this country, Japan a maybe.
    Last edited by Sports; 12-22-2012 at 08:18 PM.

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    women are very bushy down there (even the younger generation).
    .
    You must have been a gyno....or else.......

    -

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You must have been a gyno....or else.......

    -
    Common now!

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    Common now!
    You certainly don't expect us to believe there was consent involved in this fact gathering, do you?

    There is a reason you are leaving.






    -

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You certainly don't expect us to believe there was consent involved in this fact gathering, do you?

    There is a reason you are leaving.






    -
    +1

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    A country that continues to develop their technology and landscape.

    These are some of the things that I have learned or appreciated (or not) for the time I spent here (leaving in a few weeks):

    1. Food is great but some it have a foul smell. If you haven't tried (tak-to-ritan or spicy chicken soup; Kam-ya-tan or pork rib soup; samgyatan - chicken soup; samgiipsal, bibimbap and bulgolgi are well known in the US. I also tried frog and bondegi which is a bug (no $hit-delicious and high protein!)

    2. They can't drive worth a damn

    3. Fish markets sales are relatevely inexpensive

    4. Removing their shoes before entering the house (I highly recommend this).

    5. Honoring their elders

    6. Four seasons (too much rain during monsoon)

    7. Anniversaries and memorials are very unique.

    8. Education- kids go to school 6 days a week; short summer breaks and above 90% high-school graduation rate

    9. Mandatory military service for all men- (oh yeah, I vote for that one in the US)

    10. Electronic Markets- gadgets and more gadgets

    11. A lot of men are femenine

    12. Work ethics (great as a team but awful as individuals).

    13. A traveling hub for other Asian countries such as China, Phillippines, Thailand, Japan and Vietnam.

    14. Some negatives- 20% of the country probable appreciate our presence (some of it has to do with some off-the-wall behavioir/incidents such as rape, etc) and Korean women are very bushy down there (even the younger generation).

    I will probably not return to this country, Japan a maybe.
    an articulate, coherent list

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us