Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IF the Jets sign that dog killer- i am done after 42 years

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    It's one of the dumbest comparisons i've ever read.

they are both horrific, he wasn't implying they were on the same level.
    the old "so you're comparing....." response. a favorite of idiots all over the internetz.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 12-21-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not discounting Vick's crime. It was awful on so many levels. I also don't want him anywhere near the Jets.

But the guy lost a ton of $$$, and sat in a jail cell. Quietly paying his penance for what he did. As far as we know, he hasn't relapsed into that lifestyle.

Maybe it's time to leave the guy alone.

People who continue to crucify him come off as being ignorant blowhards like the folks from Westboro Church.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you just compare a guy who ran a dog fighting ring to a child molester?

get a clue.
    Sorry you missed the analogy I was actually making; that of the illogical premise that someone who serves time for a horrific act should be once again trusted or absolved on some level for "paying their debt" to society.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    they are both horrific, he wasn't implying they were on the same level.
    the old "so you're comparing....." response. a favorite of idiots all over the internetz.
    Thankee. Apparently the complete absence of empathy for another living thing that these individuals share was lost on him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not discounting Vick's crime. It was awful on so many levels. I also don't want him anywhere near the Jets.

But the guy lost a ton of $$$, and sat in a jail cell. Quietly paying his penance for what he did. As far as we know, he hasn't relapsed into that lifestyle.

Maybe it's time to leave the guy alone.

People who continue to crucify him come off as being ignorant blowhards like the folks from Westboro Church.

all his dogs have been adopted, people using their own money to try and give them a decent life. he signed a contract for millions and I haven't heard anything about him paying those people back, and you know his agent would have made it publicly known.

Quietly paying penance, do you know him?. You have to be a heartless and cruel soul to do what he did. F- him.

I fear this f*ed up organization might do it.

Last edited by Timmy®; 12-21-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    And by the same token,
    As far as we know, he went right back into business at the Bad Newz Kennelz and is torturing dogs as we speak.

If I go to jail for a crime that has been a significant part of my life and "culture", what makes you think I won't continue on the outside?

I once got cuffed for weed. It hasn't stopped me since.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    And by the same token,
    As far as we know, he went right back into business at the Bad Newz Kennelz and is torturing dogs as we speak.

If I go to jail for a crime that has been a significant part of my life and "culture", what makes you think I won't continue on the outside?

I once got cuffed for weed. It hasn't stopped me since.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Vick isn't back in the dog fighting business.

Also, pot's basically legal now Al Capone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if Vick was involved in cock fighting instead of dog fighting? Did the same thing to chickens and roosters. Would everyone still be as upset?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    What if Vick was involved in cock fighting instead of dog fighting? Did the same thing to chickens and roosters. Would everyone still be as upset?
    Timmy might.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    We each have our own morals and ethics. We can each make such judgments ourselves.

I find someone who would consciously and knowingly torture and maim animals to be one of the lowest forms of human life around. No the crime is not equal to child molestation, but it's still horrific and unacceptable in absolute terms to me, and is similar in that it lays abuse and damage down upon an innocent who is unable to defend themselves from the abuse.

I don't judge those in the vast majority who don’t care and would watch anyway, making that judgment is their right. I've simply made a different judgment. I do care about the known actions of the players I root for, and I cannot root for a man who would torture and kill domestic pets for profit and entertainment.

It's an issue I feel strongly about, and will act accordingly on should it come to pass. To each their own.
    I toally agree with you War! The signing of this overrated from the start washed up creep would mean to me that the Jets braintrust has not learned it's lessons from this year and wants the SOJ circus to continue. Woody show some class and rebuild this team the right way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah.

So horrible to see people make money off of animals maiming each other.

I'd rather pay hundreds of dollars to watch humans maim each other on the field. TBI's are effing hilarious.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Vick is no different than Sanchez. He stinks. That's why I don't want him on my team. I would stop watching because this Team hired a dog killer.

They're separate issues for me, but I would stop watching until he was gone. I hold dogs in high regard. More than some people.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    We each have our own morals and ethics. We can each make such judgments ourselves.

I find someone who would consciously and knowingly torture and maim animals to be one of the lowest forms of human life around. No the crime is not equal to child molestation, but it's still horrific and unacceptable in absolute terms to me, and is similar in that it lays abuse and damage down upon an innocent who is unable to defend themselves from the abuse.

I don't judge those in the vast majority who don’t care and would watch anyway, making that judgment is their right. I've simply made a different judgment. I do care about the known actions of the players I root for, and I cannot root for a man who would torture and kill domestic pets for profit and entertainment.

It's an issue I feel strongly about, and will act accordingly on should it come to pass. To each their own.
    I strongly agree. Well stated, Warfish. And per the bolded, they are close.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    +1

The Jets invented that!

Nothing surprises me with this team, because I've come to realize Woody can be snowed by imbeciles. I'm thinking of applying for a position as Woody's Limo driver so I can gain his confidence with my steely reserve and quiet confidence. After a while he will become fascinated with this man who says little, demands nothing of him and does his job in a professional, efficient manner. One day after a few years, on a short ride to the airport, he will casually ask this stoic stranger.. "saaaaay. Do ya like any particular football team?"

Floodgates open, Hilarity ensues.

-
    -
    If that were true he should listen to some posters on this board..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Vick isn't back in the dog fighting business.

Also, pot's basically legal now Al Capone.
    Thanks for the heads up, good job missing the point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    Comon SAR- If this POS is that ''numb'' to another creatures pain and anguish, I want no part of him in the Jet Organization.

Although pain and anguish are the hallmarks of being a Jets fan, I will not root for someone like that EVER.

SAR I
    If I thought a dog rapist who was in solitary in San Quentin could lead us to a SB I would send letters for his immediate parol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    If I thought a dog rapist who was in solitary in San Quentin could lead us to a SB I would send letters for his immediate parol.
    Bestiality to some sign this beast to others..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Yeah.

So horrible to see people make money off of animals maiming each other.

I'd rather pay hundreds of dollars to watch humans maim each other on the field. TBI's are effing hilarious.
    That analogy would work except for that thing we call FREE WILL.

BTW, Vick is paying his debt to society, one concussion at a time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, good job missing the point.
    What's your point? That you getting caught with a joint is equivalent to Vick doing jail time and losing millions?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That analogy would work except for that thing we call FREE WILL.

BTW, Vick is paying his debt to society, one concussion at a time.
    No.

Vick already paid his debt to "society". That's kind of the whole point of serving a prison sentence.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    Finished.

If Michael Vick that piece of human waste is signed to the Jets, I am finished as a fan.

no way, no how. Fire sale on all my Jets ****. I ll become a Bills fan. almost the same experience anyhow.......

NO VICK NO VICK NO VICK
    Ever think you are the jinx why we can't win the SB, wishing you ADIOS and sanchez also.