Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: IF the Jets sign that dog killer- i am done after 42 years

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    There is just so much wrong with this post.

First off, Stallworth's crime is horrible, DUI and he killed a man... I'm not comparing the loss of human life to a dog. But if you knew anything about the Stallworth incident, you'd know that the guy he hit was crossing a highway in the dark, not in a crosswalk and had no business being there. Also, this is a horrible mistake and lapse in judgement. Not a continued pattern of deplorable behavior sustained over several years, filled with public denials. He knowingly over a period of years killed, tortured and maimed dozens (if not hundreds) of innocent animals for his personal pleasure and profit. That is not a "mistake"
    Oh so if Vick was drunk when he did all this, it would have been ok? Come on man, he knowingly got into a vehicle while he was drunk and killed another human being. He did NO jail time. It doesn't matter where the guy was crossing, what happened. HE KILLED A HUMAN. Vick did the time for the crimes he committed. The whole puropse of jail is to repay society and he did. I'm not saying what he did was right, but he did his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if we part ways with sanchez and tebow signing young on the cheap could be a viable option for this team. money can be spent on a superstar rb and we go with mcelroy or young an improvement over sanchez.
    Vince Young threw for 400 yards against the Pats last season and has a 2-0 record against the Giants and would cost us nothing. Not a bad option at all. Worst case scenario is he competes with McElroy for the job and ends up as a pretty good backup.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Oh so if Vick was drunk when he did all this, it would have been ok? Come on man, he knowingly got into a vehicle while he was drunk and killed another human being. He did NO jail time. It doesn't matter where the guy was crossing, what happened. HE KILLED A HUMAN. Vick did the time for the crimes he committed. The whole puropse of jail is to repay society and he did. I'm not saying what he did was right, but he did his time.
    He did not intend to kill a man. He did not wake up that morning and say to himself "I'm gonna get drunk and run some guy over"

Vick on the other hand woke up many days with plans to kill and torture defenseless animals.

That is a big difference in my opinion.

I don't care that he did his time. It does not erase what he did.

But on top of all if that, he is a sh!tty QB, just as bad at this point in career as Sanchez if not worse.

Jets Insider VIP
    If people in this country cared as much about their fellow humans as they do about dogs...it would be a much better place to raise children.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    If people in this country cared as much about their fellow humans as they do about dogs...it would be a much better place to raise children.
    Agreed. And this is not a condemnation of people who love dogs. It is a condemnation of people who screw over their fellow man.

Of course, if every person that you met always was ECSTATIC to see you; if everyone you met only lived to please you, if every person you met would lay down their life for you without question; if they would do all this regardless of how you treated them, then the world would be a much better place as well.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Good riddance to all you ignorant people who still hold that against Vick. Look at Donte Stallworth. He killed a HUMAN BEING and didn't do any jail time for it. If you think Vick is a worse option then Sanchez or McElroy, you're high. He's far superior athletically and he's just a better quarterback.
    I don't think that he is a worse QB. I think he is a worse human being. I cannot root for him because of that.

If you have a problem with that, I really don't care. Maybe you should look at your priorities.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    ... if every person that you met always was ECSTATIC to see you....
    Just as long as I had some coffee first...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXTrnWAG3Ws

Just as long as I had some coffee first...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXTrnWAG3Ws
    Haha... sounds like life on Staten Island.

All League
    Very true, but this being the same country that allowed, profited and supported slavery for centuries - I wouldn't expect it to. This country has a nasty habit of judging people and sentencing in their own minds and then spreading those same ideas and calling them laws.

I'm sorry that the person who started this post just doesn't see the hypocrisy in saying that he will jump off the bandwagon called the Jets because their potential QB could come to his team. Why not just boycott the NFL altogether? Do you boycott and protest as loudly at gun shows and Hunter Conventions? What about all of those people who drink or do drugs and drive and actually kill a fellow human being? I hope you boycott those things as well, it would make this post a little more sensible.

If Vick is a Jet i would still be a Jets fan just will want Vick to take puishment like Benchez has. Is Vick gonna win us a SB? Probably not. Sparano would have no clue how to use Vick and i dont want ot see this guy on the Jets. That would suck. I rather have flip rivers man.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Did that guy throw the dog in a pool and then electrocute the water? Did he strap that deer to a rape stand to breed others? Did he throw it to other deers to attack it and kill it for the puprpose of making those deer better fighters?
    No, that guy just hid in a bush all morning and put a bullet in the brain of a poor, innocent deer. Then, in order to show his tough guy macho kill, he takes a picture with his weapon of choice and his dead target. All for personal pleasure and profit. Just like Michael Vick.

Murder is murder is it not? Blowing a deer's brains out is just as inhumane as anything you listed. But go ahead, tell me that hunting deer is okay. It's different because it's not a dog. Give me your inconsistent views and principles on animal life.
    Last edited by Sanchez 3:16; 12-23-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    No, that guy just hid in a bush all morning and put a bullet in the brain of a poor, innocent deer. Then, in order to show his tough guy macho kill, he takes a picture with his weapon of choice and his dead target. All for personal pleasure and profit. Just like Michael Vick.

Murder is murder is it not? Blowing a deer's brains out is just as inhumane as anything you listed. But go ahead, tell me that hunting deer is okay. It's different because it's not a dog. Give me your inconsistent views and principles on animal life.
    I'm not a hunter nor a fan of hunters but I have to respond.

First, deer are not pets like dogs are.
    Second, the deer population would get out of hand if they weren't subject to hunting.

Having said that, I agree about the picture poses. That I find distasteful.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    1. Stallworth is absolutely a worse offender than Vick. Some of the Vick-haters will try to make silly argument otherwise it's garbage. I think he did get 20 days in jail which - ok- thats basically nothing pot dealers do more time.

2. Vick would be a disaster with the same supporting cast Suckhchez has.

3. Move on. Vick is done. Jets need a young, atheletic QB with upside and arm strength.

I agree no Vick. The idea that as a dog killer he can't be brought in is silly when people are constantly wanting people who commit crimes against other people to come to their team. Vick's shot as a qb. That's why I don't want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You should post more.
    Thanks man. Personally I'm amazed by how much people post here. Nothing against anyone at all, I just don't have the time, and I'm not that into the Internet.
    I've been lurking since 05 I think, but I didn't have much desire to post.
    This website is pure gold though. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Agreed. And this is not a condemnation of people who love dogs. It is a condemnation of people who screw over their fellow man.

Of course, if every person that you met always was ECSTATIC to see you; if everyone you met only lived to please you, if every person you met would lay down their life for you without question; if they would do all this regardless of how you treated them, then the world would be a much better place as well.
    Actually it SHOULD BE a condemnation of people who love dogs......at least those people who take their "love" to extreme lengths to the point where they don't give a crap about their fellow humans.

*sigh*....This argument is pointless.

There are those who say "Humans >>>>> Dogs" and then there are those who try to put Humans and Dogs on the same level(which, IMO, isn't and shouldn't ever be true).

Either way, nobody is wrong and nobody is right.

It's Zen.