Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: I am a lot more excited about this weeks game over last weeks game - but why?

  1. #1

    I am a lot more excited about this weeks game over last weeks game - but why?

    I don't know why but I can't wait to watch the Jets on Sunday against San Diego. I waited and watched the Tennessee game but honestly I wasn't into it from the start. I'm not even upset the Jets lost. I just didn't care any more I guess because Sanchez was behind center. Sanchez was done weeks ago. Once McElroy won that game Sanchez should of never been put back in. I think everybody on the planet knew Sanchez was done except Rex. Rex is to blame here. Now Rex has picked the right guy no matter how much flack he gets for picking McElroy over Tebow and I want to see what McElroy can do. Why? Because if McElroy does well these next 2 weeks I think he's the starter going into next season and I don't think the Jets are too far away from being a very good team. For some reason even without any decent receivers I think McElroy will show us something. At least with McElroy we have hope that he can be what we want him to be. With Sanchez all the hope is gone.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,628
    A potential glimpse into the future?

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,158
    Let's see if Gmac is worth any expectations.

  4. #4
    Because Mark Sanchez is riding the pine pony. Any logical fan knew this team wasn't going to finish 4-0 with him. Greg McElroy will now have a two game run to build on his Arizona performance, making a claim to compete for the 2013 starting job. It's always exciting when your team makes a change at Quarterback.

  5. #5
    The opportunity to see Mcelroy in an exhibition game is very exciting. I would buy his Jersey and a PSL if I had more of these opportunities.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Because Mark Sanchez is riding the pine pony. Any logical fan knew this team wasn't going to finish 4-0 with him. Greg McElroy will now have a two game run to build on his Arizona performance, making a claim to compete for the 2013 starting job. It's always exciting when your team makes a change at Quarterback.
    Meaningless games to set us up for next years debacle.

    I can see it now Norv Turner to bring along a young Troy Aikman, Greene is going to finally be the Emmit Smith we thought he could be and Stephen Hill is going to morph into Michael Irvin minus the coke addiction.

    I remember so fondly Clemens first game, Matt Robinson taking the ball from Dick Todd and now Mcelroy. A SB can't be far off.

    Our addiction to football, any football is a disease. We can be sold anything.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I don't know why but I can't wait to watch the Jets on Sunday against San Diego. I waited and watched the Tennessee game but honestly I wasn't into it from the start. I'm not even upset the Jets lost. I just didn't care any more I guess because Sanchez was behind center. Sanchez was done weeks ago. Once McElroy won that game Sanchez should of never been put back in. I think everybody on the planet knew Sanchez was done except Rex. Rex is to blame here. Now Rex has picked the right guy no matter how much flack he gets for picking McElroy over Tebow and I want to see what McElroy can do. Why? Because if McElroy does well these next 2 weeks I think he's the starter going into next season and I don't think the Jets are too far away from being a very good team. For some reason even without any decent receivers I think McElroy will show us something. At least with McElroy we have hope that he can be what we want him to be. With Sanchez all the hope is gone.

    The week after he pulled Sanchez Rex didn't dress McElroy while he basically took the ball out of Sanchez hands which seemed to work. It was the 2012 version of color coding plays. Mark just didn't get it and as we all know went on to throw 4 picks the following week.

    Rex desperately needed Sanchez to finally step up and be the game manager the rest of the way and Sanchez desperately failed. Due to all the skill player injuries at that point in the season there wasn't much downside to this gambit, re: a possible post season run. Further, he finally needed to settle things going forward re: cap/FO factors in 2013.

    Bottem line, I'm not down on Rex.

  8. #8
    The good part about this week is that we're advancing the Jets conversation. We've all debated and speculated all year, which is fun, too. But after Sunday, Sanchez was benched. Great - we've learned something and advanced the conversation. Then they decided to go with number 3, telling us they're not interested in Tebow at QB. Finally. Thank you, Jets. Speculation over.

    Now on Sunday and next week hopefully we will advance it some more. Is McElroy any good? Can he possibly be the answer? Or will he stink up the joint?

    It feels like we're finally moving forward.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    The good part about this week is that we're advancing the Jets conversation. We've all debated and speculated all year, which is fun, too. But after Sunday, Sanchez was benched. Great - we've learned something and advanced the conversation. Then they decided to go with number 3, telling us they're not interested in Tebow at QB. Finally. Thank you, Jets. Speculation over.

    Now on Sunday and next week hopefully we will advance it some more. Is McElroy any good? Can he possibly be the answer? Or will he stink up the joint?

    It feels like we're finally moving forward.
    Nice post.

  10. #10
    I think the Jets are going to win the last 2 games. Remember, when Greg McElroy came in for Sanchez against the Cards the team IMMEDIATELY started to play better. Everyone on offense seemed much more energetic and suddenly had more ability.

    Those are the facts the way I see them.

    Now, they'll be facing two subpar teams. We'll have a QB who doesn't give the ball up. We'll have a QB who actually PROTECTS the ball. So the fact that we have a QB that lifts the play of the rest of the team, playing two terrible teams, and we still have a good up and coming defense?

    I believe that makes us winners of our last two games.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The opportunity to see Mcelroy in an exhibition game is very exciting. I would buy his Jersey and a PSL if I had more of these opportunities.
    lol.

    perfect.

  12. #12
    I still might watch RedZone

  13. #13
    Who knows if Macelroy can do it?

    None of us know including the Jets. we know he has a helluva lot more experience in college than Sanchez.
    This I know, if Rex & Sparano tell him, "if it's not there, throw it away", unlike effing Sanchez who after 4 years still throws into triple coverage..LATE, has no pocket presence, even getting chased to the sideline STILL continues to throw it up for grabs ON 1ST DOWN NO LESS!, Mac will probably throw it away.
    He's lucky Rex isn't Buddy Ryan, he would have gotten thrown down on the sideline by his scruffy neck!

    BONEHEAD is the only description of Sanchez, seriously what does he not understand about, "throw it away if theres nothing there"?

    He's incapable of taking simple orders & carrying them out on the field.
    It's MIND BLOWING!

    5 effing TOs is a must win game when your D is playing very well! 2 FGs in the redzone win that game, that's all. No TOs, Titans probably would have made one bad mistake.

    Mark Sanchez actually believes because of the first 2 years here being carried to the playoffs that he's actually a GOOD QB, an NFL QB, but he's not & has no real clue what he's doing in the passing game.
    Each & every time that the Jets OCs have let out the rope on Mark Sanchez in the passing game he has failed miserably. He's not a good QB, he hasn't learned anything, he's still inaccurate & doesn't set his feet, he still throws the ball up like a lollipop from his back foot.
    He makes the same mistakes, turns the ball over in the same manner, every single game that he's asked to make a play in the passing game.
    There isn't one Jet fan out there that when Mark is in a big spot & you know he's throwing that doesn't get a lump in their throat & pray that he doesn't eff it up.

    He is done!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Let's see if Gmac is worth any expectations.
    What expectations? There should be almost none. The team has essentially painted him as nothing special at all. If he plays marginally better than Sanchez and doesn't ass fumble I'll be happy enough.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post

    Mark Sanchez actually believes because of the first 2 years here being carried to the playoffs that he's actually a GOOD QB, an NFL QB, but he's not & has no real clue what he's doing in the passing game.


    He is done!
    More importantly the team and most of the fans also though this.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think the Jets are going to win the last 2 games. Remember, when Greg McElroy came in for Sanchez against the Cards the team IMMEDIATELY started to play better. Everyone on offense seemed much more energetic and suddenly had more ability.

    Those are the facts the way I see them.

    Now, they'll be facing two subpar teams. We'll have a QB who doesn't give the ball up. We'll have a QB who actually PROTECTS the ball. So the fact that we have a QB that lifts the play of the rest of the team, playing two terrible teams, and we still have a good up and coming defense?

    I believe that makes us winners of our last two games.
    And so what? Here's some reality. If Sanchez is on the team next year because of cap reasons you think a new OC like Norv is going to look at Sanchez and Mcelroy and go wow, I like these smart guy with no physical tools who can hand the ball off to my two not that great running backs or is he going to go with the talent?

    We are either dumping Sanchez and bringing in a vet or Sanchez will be starting for a new OC next year.

    These 2 games are exhibition games that have no impact on next years starting NY Jets QB.

  17. #17
    Hard to get too excited over McElroy given his draft position, his physical tools, and the fact that he is playing a team this week that has nothing to play for and arguably quit on their coach last week. This is a bad football game, although Mcelroy playing makes it mildly intriguing. Mildly.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,959
    Because Sanchez is not playing. Did this really need its own thread?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    And so what? Here's some reality. If Sanchez is on the team next year because of cap reasons you think a new OC like Norv is going to look at Sanchez and Mcelroy and go wow, I like these smart guy with no physical tools who can hand the ball off to my two not that great running backs or is he going to go with the talent?

    We are either dumping Sanchez and bringing in a vet or Sanchez will be starting for a new OC next year.

    These 2 games are exhibition games that have no impact on next years starting NY Jets QB.
    Debbie Downer.
    Stop reading silly scouting reports. You/I don't know jack about wheter or not GMAC is a bum or the next Brady so stop with the Mr. Negativity. You can resume that next week if he stinks.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    Debbie Downer.
    Stop reading silly scouting reports. You/I don't know jack about wheter or not GMAC is a bum or the next Brady so stop with the Mr. Negativity. You can resume that next week if he stinks.
    He may look like the next Brady in a game that is absolutely meaningless for both teams and what exactly will that mean?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us