Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We will never develop a franchise QB....

We will never develop a franchise QB....

No young QB can flourish in this toxic cesspool...between the media and fans and this clueless organization having no idea how to develop a QB...I hope Sanchez becomes a great QB somewhere else away from this hell hole...

Chad Pennington was doing just fine before his arm fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    No young QB can flourish in this toxic cesspool...between the media and fans and this clueless organization having no idea how to develop a QB...I hope Sanchez becomes a great QB somewhere else away from this hell hole...
    There is a lot of truth to this post.

This fan base would have booed Elway and Montana out of the building.

I'm gonna leave you alone right now...cause I can see you are angry and miserable.

And I'm not feeling too chipper myself. Lets face it...

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Chad Pennington was ran out of town......then won the division with the worst WR's in the league....

Chad Pennington was ran out of town......then won the division with the worst WR's in the league....
    And threw three INT's in 10 minutes in the first playoff game at home when the other team stopped the run. Guess who was his coach?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

A lot of truth in this statement , & he was not only one of the good guys but one of the smart guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    And threw three INT's in 10 minutes in the first playoff game at home when the other team stopped the run. Guess who was his coach?
    TS

And guess who was the DC that game planned Pennington into a trifecta of picks

In one respect, you are correct. For some inexplicable reason, Rex Ryan sticks with Matt Cavanawful as his QB position coach. Cavanaugh is simply horrible. He has sucked everywhere he went as QB coach and was even worse in Baltimore as OC. Ask any Ravens fan what he thinks about this idiot. Rumor was that the Jets were looking to replace Cavaclueless, but no other person was willing to take the chance of become QB coach for the miserable combination of Sanchez and Tebow, by far the NFL's worst QB tandem in many decades. Still, the decision not to fire Cavanidiot after watching Sanchez regress under his tutorship is inexcusable.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Penny and mark BOTH had 100 percent support from the team and city in their 1st few years.

The demise of both was caused by their failure to be anything except mediocre. For different reasons of course.

Imagine if Sanchez had the heart of Pennington.

Don't blame the media.

sanchez is not even a starting qb talent wise right now-every rookie no less has outplayed him and outplayed him badly

also the media was not involved with one of his 50 turnovers

Jets Insider VIP
    GMac

DA MAN

Go Jets!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

What a load of utter bull. This reeks of a Sanchpologist clinging to the last vestige of a tattered excuse for 'Mark'

The Jets one and only sin in regards to mark sanchez was coddling him and not making him earn his starters roll by providing some viable competition. That's it.

He came into the league in a better position than 99% of the QB's who come into this league. Top 5 oline, running game and defense for his 1st two years. Once the training wheels came off he fell flat on his face. He was never particularly good. He had a few good games but never gave an indication that he would be a franchise guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Penny and mark BOTH had 100 percent support from the team and city in their 1st few years.

The demise of both was caused by their failure to be anything except mediocre. For different reasons of course.

Imagine if Sanchez had the heart of Pennington.
    Imagine if Chaddy had the arm of Vinny..

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    There is a lot of truth to this post.

This fan base would have booed Elway and Montana out of the building.
    Montana would've never been able to get passed his lack of arm strength according to a lot of these fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    What a load of utter bull. This reeks of a Sanchpologist clinging to the last vestige of a tattered excuse for 'Mark'

The Jets one and only sin in regards to mark sanchez was coddling him and not making him earn his starters roll by providing some viable competition. That's it.

He came into the league in a better position than 99% of the QB's who come into this league. Top 5 oline, running game and defense for his 1st two years. Once the training wheels came off he fell flat on his face. He was never particularly good. He had a few good games but never gave an indication that he would be a franchise guy.
    Starting a junior eligible QB with one year as a starter in College on a team with playoff aspirations wasn't coddling.

I'm not a Sanchez fan but it's clear as day he has been handled terribly by this management team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

+1

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    I agree with everyone on why this team can never have a franchise QB. The fans (demanding win now or else we'll kill you), the organization (not putting enough skill positions around our QBs), the media (who ripped many a QB over the years, would rip a young Dan Marino, Steve Young, Drew Brees, Elway, Favre - oh yeah, we DID try that one - or any other QB who developed slower than winning a Super Bowl inside of their 1st few years, and also almost ran Eli out of town before he won it - TWICE).

And, Mark has exceeded any sense of rational defense by being not only inaccurate at the most crucial moments, but also a turnover machine regardless of weapons or not.

All in all, our team seems to be cursed so badly that no QB, even an All-Time great - can ever win here. Management, fans, media... we'll all see to that.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 12-20-2012 at 10:41 AM.