Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We will never develop a franchise QB....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    I agree with everyone on why this team can never have a franchise QB. The fans (demanding win now or else we'll kill you), the organization (not putting enough skill positions around our QBs), the media (who ripped many a QB over the years, would rip a young Dan Marino, Steve Young, Drew Brees,or any other QB who developed slower than winning a Super Bowl inside of their 1st few years, and also almost ran Eli out of town before he won it - TWICE).

And, Mark has exceeded any sense of rational defense by being not only inaccurate, but also a turnover machine regardless of weapons or not.

All in all, our team seems to be cursed so badly that no QB, even an All-Time great - can ever win here. :-(
    Utter nonesense. Sancheze has been handled terribly but he has never shown the ability to be an elite NFL QB. The fans would go nuts even lossing if we had that kind of dynamic talent flashing and developing. Sanchez never flashed elite. He had a few moments in particular the Pats playoff game but I never saw him stand tall and scare a good defensive team.

Sancheze never came close to having a Chad Pennington 2002 moment or a Vinny T 98 moment. Hell Glen Foley was more elite to watch then Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Starting a junior eligible QB with one year as a starter in College on a team with playoff aspirations wasn't coddling.

I'm not a Sanchez fan but it's clear as day he has been handled terribly by this management team.
    Making 100% sure you have no viable backup no mater what for 4 years = coddling

Covering up for his massive faults and never making him accountable for the 1st 3 years = coddling

Going out and drafting his buddies = coddling

It's a totally lame excuse to say he was handled terribly and that he would be by some miracle a franchise guy if he was with another team or regime.

Stick him on one of these teams like Jacksonville or tennessee or such and see what he would have done. As for the one year of college bit, that's on the front office for even drafting him then is it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Making 100% sure you have no viable backup no mater what for 4 years = coddling

Covering up for his massive faults and never making him accountable for the 1st 3 years = coddling

Going out and drafting his buddies = coddling

It's a totally lame excuse to say he was handled terribly and that he would be by some miracle a franchise guy if he was with another team or regime.

Stick him on one of these teams like Jacksonville or tennessee or such and see what he would have done. As for the one year of college bit, that's on the front office for even drafting him then is it now?
    I love you guys who think the NFL is full of franchise QB's who can provide competition is a viable way to develop a franchise QB. Guess what the league doesn't have 15 Franchise QB's who can provide competition.

The Jets have been trying to replace Pennington with a franchise QB since Tannenbaum took over in 2006 as GM.

You guys looking for competition as a way to develop a QB should open your eyes to the reality of the NFL. Franchise QB need both a massive amount of talent and need to be brought along properly. Sancheze has neither a massive amount of talent and he was brought along horribly.

Coddling is not the problem.

Practice Squad
    This thread reminds me of when Browning Nagle moved into Bruce Coslet's house for the the summer.

I agree with the OP, but for different reasons.

1) Cavanaugh is awful. His resume has K.Boller and now M.Sanchez on it. Nuff said.
    2) Our current GM doesn't know how to evaluate talent, and doesn't understand how to build a team through the draft.

Until that changes, it won't matter who we put behind Center....we'll continue to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    No young QB can flourish in this toxic cesspool...between the media and fans and this clueless organization having no idea how to develop a QB...I hope Sanchez becomes a great QB somewhere else away from this hell hole...
    Sanchez does not have, nor has ever had, the physical skills and especially mental capability to be a great QB

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Sanchez does not have, nor has ever had, the physical skills and especially mental capability to be a great QB
    that is false.

Sanchez's skillset and his potential were through the roof when he was drafted.

Unfortunately, he regressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Imagine if Chaddy had the arm of Vinny..
    or the arm of mark. marks physical attributes with Chaddy would be a winner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    that is false.

I agree 100%

And that is called coaching. I can think of no top QB in the last 25 to 30 years who has regressed more than I have seen Sanchez has since he came out of college.

The Jets FO and Rex Ryan should be tar and feathered as they did in the old days.

For people, ie fans, to have the audacity to defend this combo is beyond INSANE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    that is false.

Nice athletic QB, decent not overwhelming NFL arm, undersized with a slow long release.

This was not a through the roof NFL skillset guy when he was drafted. This is a guy they thought could make all the throws and run an uptempo NFL O. Best available guy who came relatively cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Penny and mark BOTH had 100 percent support from the team and city in their 1st few years.

The demise of both was caused by their failure to be anything except mediocre. For different reasons of course.

Imagine if Sanchez had the heart of Pennington.
    Mark Sanchez was never, ever, in the same area as Chad Pennington. Ever. I'd love to have seen what Pennington could have done with the 2009 and 2010 Jets. He never had a defense like that to lean back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    What a load of utter bull. This reeks of a Sanchpologist clinging to the last vestige of a tattered excuse for 'Mark'

The Jets one and only sin in regards to mark sanchez was coddling him and not making him earn his starters roll by providing some viable competition. That's it.

He came into the league in a better position than 99% of the QB's who come into this league. Top 5 oline, running game and defense for his 1st two years. Once the training wheels came off he fell flat on his face. He was never particularly good. He had a few good games but never gave an indication that he would be a franchise guy.
    End thread/

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Mark Sanchez was never, ever, in the same area as Chad Pennington. Ever. I'd love to have seen what Pennington could have done with the 2009 and 2010 Jets. He never had a defense like that to lean back on.
    Exactly

Pennington at least showed that he had the goods to be a damn good QB in this league.

Hell, if he never got hurt he's probably still our starter and we might have an extra Lombardi in the trophy case right now.

Smarts, accuracy, leadership >>>>>>>> Arm strength

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    In 04 he had a good D and running game.. Chaddy cake lovers will live on forever. I liked him in 02 but once he was injured any thoughts of being a championship QB were surgically removed forever..

No. People here don't have the patience for that. We would need a head coach as well. All we have is a defensive coordinator.