Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: GM

  1. #1

    GM

    Well the government is about to take in the shorts:

    http://www.kmov.com/news/business/na...184262141.html

  2. #2
    Don't worry about it, it'll be such a small amount they take out of each paycheck, you won't even notice it. /moonbat off

  3. #3


    IT'S MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW!


  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    I thought your biggest fear was the USA turning into a “European Style Socialist Economy”?

    Was this a huge hit to "American Socialism"

    As for taking it in the shorts. From your post:

    “The auto industry rescue helped save more than a million jobs during a severe economic crisis,” said Timothy Massad, Treasury’s assistant secretary for financial stability. “The government should not be in the business of owning stakes in private companies for an indefinite period of time.”
    Adding 1 million folks to the unemployment line and taking them off of the tax payer roles most certainly would have done that.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,892
    still haven't seen concrete evidence of a "million jobs saved"

  6. #6
    I guess they were union jobs. GM screwed the tax payers for BILLIONS of Bucks and yet they have the balls to ask for more. UNIONS CAN GO TO HELL!
    Just ask yourself why all the manufacturing has gone overseas GREED and #1
    UNIONS!

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    still haven't seen concrete evidence of a "million jobs saved"
    You won't. Ever.

    It's called a lie.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    You guys are ridiculous. On the one hand your argument is that the that the big meanie unions ruined everything but on the other hand there aren’t one million workers in the auto industry. LOL.


    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122670818143330019.html

    ...Auto-related industries employ 3.1 million people around the country, encompassing everything from car-seat makers to auto dealers to auto-parts stores. GM itself employs 123,000 in North America and does business with thousands of North America suppliers...

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You guys are ridiculous. On the one hand your argument is that the that the big meanie unions ruined everything but on the other hand there aren’t one million workers in the auto industry. LOL.


    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122670818143330019.html
    Who said that?


  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You guys are ridiculous. On the one hand your argument is that the that the big meanie unions ruined everything but on the other hand there aren’t one million workers in the auto industry. LOL.


    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122670818143330019.html
    still no proof that the bailout saved 1 million jobs and that a bankruptcy re-org couldn't have accomplished the same thing in a better way.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You guys are ridiculous. On the one hand your argument is that the that the big meanie unions ruined everything but on the other hand there aren’t one million workers in the auto industry. LOL.


    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122670818143330019.html
    soo..... you're admitting that the GM bailout was a payoff for the unions?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    still no proof that the bailout saved 1 million jobs and that a bankruptcy re-org couldn't have accomplished the same thing in a better way.
    Pfft, didn't you watch the elections??

    The republicans (led by Romney in his pre-presidential candidate time machine) planned to incinerate all the auto workers, and use their ashes to print money for The Wealthy(tm)

  13. #13
    Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, BMW and Daimler Benz all produce LOTS of cars here in the U.S.
    No bailout money for them. And ALL have better quality than coming from Detroit's American manufacturers. The Japanese/German boys are mostly non union.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, BMW and Daimler Benz all produce LOTS of cars here in the U.S.
    No bailout money for them. And ALL have better quality than coming from Detroit's American manufacturers. The Japanese/German boys are mostly non union.
    A good portion in Right to work States. No wonder the unions don't like the new laws Michigan and Wisconsin passed.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Pfft, didn't you watch the elections??

    The republicans (led by Romney in his pre-presidential candidate time machine) planned to incinerate all the auto workers, and use their ashes to print money for The Wealthy(tm)
    wut? I heard they were going to grind them up to make Soylent Green, the new dessert treat for rich folks.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,194
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    wut? I heard they were going to grind them up to make Soylent Green, the new dessert treat for rich folks.
    wut? I thought the autoworkers were the rich folks.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    wut? I heard they were going to grind them up to make Soylent Green, the new dessert treat for rich folks.
    They never got to it. They were too busy repealing all the rape laws.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us