Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once again the laughing stock

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again the laughing stock

I can accept that you're going to have good seasons and games and bad seasons and games. That is life in the NFL. What I am having a hard time with the failure at every level of this organization. First was reworking Sanchez's contract so that he gets $8 million guaranteed. Then there was Tebow who I believe would be hard pressed to be a starter anywhere in the NFL finally there is a head coach who continues to brag about talent when clearly there are major gaps in talent. If Woody is a businessman at heart than he is doing exactly what a CEO should do: first fact finding second make the changes as necessary.

I never believed in "the curse" but it's hard to fathom that so many things could go go wrong in such as bad way. Respect in this league is earned not given and this team first and foremost needs to get on a better path to being competitive for years to come.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I can accept that you're going to have good seasons and games and bad seasons and games. That is life in the NFL. What I am having a hard time with the failure at every level of this organization. First was reworking Sanchez's contract so that he gets $8 million guaranteed. Then there was Tebow who I believe would be hard pressed to be a starter anywhere in the NFL finally there is a head coach who continues to brag about talent when clearly there are major gaps in talent. If Woody is a businessman at heart than he is doing exactly what a CEO should do: first fact finding second make the changes as necessary.

I never believed in "the curse" but it's hard to fathom that so many things could go go wrong in such as bad way. Respect in this league is earned not given and this team first and foremost needs to get on a better path to being competitive for years to come.
    You know..I understand you BUT, if Hill is healthy, Holmes, Revis our D played well.

We are really a QB and RB away from being competitive. We need OLINE help, tight end of course. BUT, if mark played 1/2 of what was expected, we would be 8 and 6 right now.

I dont think we are as far as people are screaming.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    -we need a GM that knows football, not just how to use a calculator
    -we need a competent coaching staff
    -we need to focus on talent evaluation and build through the draft.
    -we need a franchise QB

Fulfill the above requirements, and the Jets will start contending.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The humiliation this time around has to do specifically with two QB's. Tanny gave the ****tiest QB in the history of this organization 8.25 in guaranteed money and they signed Tim Tebow.

If you want someone to blame that clearly falls on Mike Tannenbaum.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    31 teams are going to be criticized at the end of the year. JET fans are use to it by now. The diehards will be right back next year, dreaming.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    31 teams are going to be criticized at the end of the year. JET fans are use to it by now. The diehards will be right back next year, dreaming.
    Yet, many on this board will call us SOJFs. I've been dealing with this dysfunctional franchise since 1966, but never leave no matter the extent of the inevitable debacles.

True to form, the day I'm cremated, the Jets will win the Super Bowl. At that time, I want you all to remember me and have a HUGE laugh at my expense. It's the least I could do for all my pals on JI.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Yet, many on this board will call us SOJFs. I've been dealing with this dysfunctional franchise since 1966, but never leave no matter the extent of the inevitable debacles.

True to form, the day I'm cremated, the Jets will win the Super Bowl. At that time, I want you all to remember me and have a HUGE laugh at my expense. It's the least I could do for all my pals on JI.
    Well Borgo what say you take one for the team next season..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The humiliation this time around has to do specifically with two QB's. Tanny gave the ****tiest QB in the history of this organization 8.25 in guaranteed money and they signed Tim Tebow.

If you want someone to blame that clearly falls on Mike Tannenbaum.
    Agreed, but I blame Tebow squarely on Woody Johnson. I have not a shred of doubt that Woody forced Tebow on Tannenbaum & Rex and wanted Tebow for those headlines. No way would Tannenbaum or Rex initiate that deal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Well Borgo what say you take one for the team next season..
    How about I choke to death on a pulled pork sandwich at MetLife opening day?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You know..I understand you BUT, if Hill is healthy, Holmes, Revis our D played well.

We are really a QB and RB away from being competitive. We need OLINE help, tight end of course. BUT, if mark played 1/2 of what was expected, we would be 8 and 6 right now.

And what about safety and LB.

What kind of production are you expecting out of Holmes, You saying hill's health, but what did he show you that makes you feel good about him. When he was drafted it was hoped he had good hands, his season proved otherwise.

The jets have some talent on the dline, great corners, and have the two most important positions on the oline filled with quality players. Harris is a very good ILB, that lacks cover skills. That is it. everyone else is a FA.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Laughing stocks

Lions
    Cardinals
    Jaguars
    Browns
    Bills
    Rams
    Rmeyer threads

Jets have a winning record since the end of the 2008 season and one of the better records in the NFL since 1996

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Dude, stop drinking the kool-aid

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Laughing stocks

Lions
    Cardinals
    Jaguars
    Browns
    Bills
    Rams
    Rmeyer threads

Jets have a winning record since the end of the 2008 season and one of the better records in the NFL since 1996

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Don't kid yourself. I, along with what I assume to be 90% of this board, have been mercilessly made fun of for the mess that is our franchise. It's not that we have a terrible team (D is still in the better third of the league), hell its not even that our offense is the worst of ALL TIME. It's the ineptitude of decision making combined with the need to grab the back pages like a bratty kid whines for attention.

Rex's bravado is great when we're winning, but compound it with the gaffes the team has made, and it makes for an ugly ugly situation.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets most pressing concern isn't a new GM or coach. Its the hiring of an experienced and competent Director of Football Operations who will oversee the hiring of the new head coach (and his assistants), a new GM, and a new person or persons in charge of pro and college scouting. Since Woody has been the owner, he has made the decisions on who these people should be. Its time to get someone who knows what he is doing to make these important decisions for the good of the franchise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow. a "Jets are a laughingstock" thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Don't kid yourself. I, along with what I assume to be 90% of this board, have been mercilessly made fun of for the mess that is our franchise. It's not that we have a terrible team (D is still in the better third of the league), hell its not even that our offense is the worst of ALL TIME. It's the ineptitude of decision making combined with the need to grab the back pages like a bratty kid whines for attention.

Rex's bravado is great when we're winning, but compound it with the gaffes the team has made, and it makes for an ugly ugly situation.
    I have never been made fun of for being a jets fan. Are you still in the 3rd grade or something?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once again? When did this team stop being the laughing stock? From the weekly pressers that Tebow is going to get increased snaps, to who Sanchez and Tebow are dating. It's a problem coming from the owner and until he either sells or stops his desperate attempt to get headlines, this team is going to be an uncompetitive joke of the league.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Jets are the laughingstock of the NFL

I live in Nashville so I heard a lot of local reaction to the Monday Night game. The local sports talk guys were openly ridiculing Rex and the Jets Tuesday. Deservedly so. Rex and the Jets organizaton as a whole have brought this on themselves. This is approaching the Lions under Matt Millen. There needs to be a complete remake of the organization.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Egbert Souse View Post
    I live in Nashville so I heard a lot of local reaction to the Monday Night game. The local sports talk guys were openly ridiculing Rex and the Jets Tuesday. Deservedly so. Rex and the Jets organizaton as a whole have brought this on themselves. This is approaching the Lions under Matt Millen. There needs to be a complete remake of the organization.
    We just need an average QB to be a 10 win team. We will probably be 8-8 with the worst 2 QBs in the league

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Souse pronounced "Soo-say" with the accent grave over the E?