Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Once again the laughing stock

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    The Jets most pressing concern isn't a new GM or coach. Its the hiring of an experienced and competent Director of Football Operations who will oversee the hiring of the new head coach (and his assistants), a new GM, and a new person or persons in charge of pro and college scouting. Since Woody has been the owner, he has made the decisions on who these people should be. Its time to get someone who knows what he is doing to make these important decisions for the good of the franchise.
    THIS 100%

IT IS CALLED HAVING A PLAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I have never been made fun of for being a jets fan. Are you still in the 3rd grade or something?
    Do you not interact with sports fans where you work or go to school?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    THIS 100%

IT IS CALLED HAVING A PLAN!!!!
    I think that their plan was to see Sanchez get better and that they could compete with talent that is not first rate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And what about safety and LB.

What kind of production are you expecting out of Holmes, You saying hill's health, but what did he show you that makes you feel good about him. When he was drafted it was hoped he had good hands, his season proved otherwise.

The jets have some talent on the dline, great corners, and have the two most important positions on the oline filled with quality players. Harris is a very good ILB, that lacks cover skills. That is it. everyone else is a FA.

We are TWO wins away from being in the playoffs this year and Sanchez sucks. All I am saying...is we are NOT far from a 10 win team. We are NOT a great team I know.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You know..I understand you BUT, if Hill is healthy, Holmes, Revis our D played well.

We are really a QB and RB away from being competitive. We need OLINE help, tight end of course. BUT, if mark played 1/2 of what was expected, we would be 8 and 6 right now.

I dont think we are as far as people are screaming.
    I agree with this. While QB is incredibly important and easy to say, had we had a better QB, but if we did this is a talented team.

As you said, guard, TE and and an OLB and this team is talented.

My favorite topic.

No one cares about the Jets. Get rid of this overinflated ego that makes you think every fan of every other team in the NFL is laughing at the Jets. You know what 90% of them are doing? They're far too frustrated with their own teams to laugh at anyone else. You know what the winners are doing? Focusing on winning.

I don't spend one second of my day thinking about the Browns. And they're probably the epitome of a laughing stock (no disrespect Cleveland). Why would anyone else be thinking about our team?

Bah, who gives a ****. I don't. We know the foibles of the team, other teams have their ups and downs. This version of the Jets may look a little sillier because of Rex's bombastic boasts but it's no big deal. I care more about what fellow jets fans think than the masses.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    My favorite topic.

No one cares about the Jets. Get rid of this overinflated ego that makes you think every fan of every other team in the NFL is laughing at the Jets. You know what 90% of them are doing? They're far too frustrated with their own teams to laugh at anyone else. You know what the winners are doing? Focusing on winning.

I don't spend one second of my day thinking about the Browns. And they're probably the epitome of a laughing stock (no disrespect Cleveland). Why would anyone else be thinking about our team?
    Knowing some Eagle fans they think the Eagles are a bigger laughing stock then the Jets..

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The humiliation this time around has to do specifically with two QB's. Tanny gave the ****tiest QB in the history of this organization 8.25 in guaranteed money and they signed Tim Tebow.

If you want someone to blame that clearly falls on Mike Tannenbaum.
    I expect Tanny to be relieved of his GM responsibilities if not outright fired.

We are in for another rough one next year with all of the bad contracts and cap restrictions but if we get a good football man in there the course will be properly set for the future.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    My favorite topic.

Only same old jerk fans care about what Giants, Pats etc. fans say or what the Jet-hating Giant-knobslobbering NY media think.

If it's not the stadium or where its located its always some other thing past present or future to cry like a b!tch incessantly about no matter how trivial, like John Cena being a honorary NYJ captain...but no, not the sainted Curtis Martin doing the same for NE

The Bills have missed the playoffs 13 years running and JAX and KC have a handful of wins between them yet the Jets are the circus, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Yet, many on this board will call us SOJFs. I've been dealing with this dysfunctional franchise since 1966, but never leave no matter the extent of the inevitable debacles.

True to form, the day I'm cremated, the Jets will win the Super Bowl. At that time, I want you all to remember me and have a HUGE laugh at my expense. It's the least I could do for all my pals on JI.
    How will we know that you are dead?

All Pro
    What?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Only same old jerk fans care about what Giants, Pats etc. fans say or what the Jet-hating Giant-knobslobbering NY media think.

If it's not the stadium or where its located its always some other thing past present or future to cry like a b!tch incessantly about no matter how trivial, like John Cena being a honorary NYJ captain...but no, not the sainted Curtis Martin doing the same for NE

The Bills have missed the playoffs 13 years running and JAX and KC have a handful of wins between them yet the Jets are the circus, sure.
    + a million

Same old jerk fans -- love it