Thread: Speculating Sanchez and Tebow gone

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Speculating Sanchez and Tebow gone

This could indicate an entire regime change.

I still have trouble believing anybody will take Sanchez, but essentially the front office and head coach have made the owner look stupid.

Perhaps this could mean that everybody gets fired!

This is good news!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody is finally showing some balls

Bravo

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

I still have trouble believing anybody will take Sanchez, but essentially the front office and head coach have made the owner look stupid.

This is good news!
    Sanchez and Tebow ARE gone? Where's the link to that?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Nothing has happened yet, all media speculation at this point.

2. Woody has shown balls in the past by dumping Herm and Mangini.

3. I hope you two get what you want concerning this team.

4. Constantly changing coaches and philosophies leads to one thing, losing seasons.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post

4. Constantly changing coaches and philosophies leads to one thing, losing seasons.
    Better to stick with Joe Walton, that worked out well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Constantly changing coaches and philosophies leads to one thing, losing seasons.
    I agree.

However the last two seasons have shown that our FO and coaches are doing a poor job managing this team. Doling out bad contracts to underperforming players (Pace, Scott, Holmes), some bad drafts, and head-scratching moves (Sanchez extension, Tebow acquisition, ignoring the glaring holes on offense), indicate some very major problems in the front office. Tanny has quickly gone from being a positive force in this organization to a negative one.

Couple that with the way Rex has handled the QB situation, and this team appears to be a total mess. The whole two QB experiment has failed miserably. Sanchez has regressed, and the Rex has handled his benching very poorly. He's really come across as a guy who is way over his head this season.

The defense started slow, but has recovered well, especially considering the loss of Revis. Rex deserves credit for that. But he has crashed and burned big time with the way he's managed (or in this case, not managed) the offense.

I like Rex and wouldn't be opposed to keeping him. But I wouldn't be opposed to replacing him either. Because something (or some things) are very wrong with this organization right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better to stick with Joe Walton, that worked out well.
    LOL, you dont even remember Walton.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I agree.

However the last two seasons have shown that our FO and coaches are doing a poor job managing this team. Doling out bad contracts to underperforming players (Pace, Scott, Holmes), some bad drafts, and head-scratching moves (Sanchez extension, Tebow acquisition, ignoring the glaring holes on offense), indicate some very major problems in the front office. Tanny has quickly gone from being a positive force in this organization to a negative one.

Couple that with the way Rex has handled the QB situation, and this team appears to be a total mess. The whole two QB experiment has failed miserably. Sanchez has regressed, and the Rex has handled his benching very poorly. He's really come across as a guy who is way over his head this season.

The defense started slow, but has recovered well, especially considering the loss of Revis. Rex deserves credit for that. But he has crashed and burned big time with the way he's managed (or in this case, not managed) the offense.

I like Rex and wouldn't be opposed to keeping him. But I wouldn't be opposed to replacing him either. Because something (or some things) are very wrong with this organization right now.

I agree, but what none of us know is who is calling the shots?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not be surprised if woody cans everyone and hires a guy who will create a spread option offense for tebow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, you dont even remember Walton.
    I was too young to remember anytime Walton was decent, but I cut my teeth as a Jets fan yelling Joe Must Go.

He was around FAR too long.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Sanchez and Tebow ARE gone? Where's the link to that?
    I fixed the title.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I would not be surprised if woody cans everyone and hires a guy who will create a spread option offense for tebow.
    Don't even joke about that

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, but what none of us know is who is calling the shots?
    That is exactly correct. The questions that they only know internally.

1) Who wanted Sanchez starting until this point? Whomever made that call should be fired. (My guess - it was really Rex's call)

2) Who decided Tebow was a good idea? That person should be fired. (My guessI - this one was Woody, so nothing should happen to anyone because of it)

3) Who decided to give Sanchez an extension? That person should be fired. (My guess - this was Tanny)

Those three things, on their own, are such egregious errors that whomever is responsible for each one should be fired.

If Woody is responsible for all of them then Rex and Tanny should both retain their jobs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I fixed the title.
    shanks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

This is good news!
    merry christmas and happy new year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    merry christmas and happy new year.
    Do you think Tai Mai Shu will weigh in on this thread?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Rex but this organization needs a proper regime change. I want a team where the QB is the star, not the head coach. And if Rex is what is standing between us and a good GM that can pick players then I have no problem parting with him.

I don't like changing GM/HC/QB every 4 years but I think the sample size is large enough with this group to justify wanting to move on. And I am always in favor of getting rid of guys a year too early rather than a year too late.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    That is exactly correct. The questions that they only know internally.

1) Who wanted Sanchez starting until this point? Whomever made that call should be fired. (My guess - it was really Rex's call)

2) Who decided Tebow was a good idea? That person should be fired. (My guessI - this one was Woody, so nothing should happen to anyone because of it)

3) Who decided to give Sanchez an extension? That person should be fired. (My guess - this was Tanny)

Those three things, on their own, are such egregious errors that whomever is responsible for each one should be fired.

If Woody is responsible for all of them then Rex and Tanny should both retain their jobs.
    This all goes to #3 imo. As a result the Tebow trade looked low risk because it looked like the team was set on Mark. Why not add a WC option that other teams would have to plan around. The man you just paid 30 mil too shouldn't need to compete for a job. Dumb IMO but still made some sense if they really believed in Sanchez. Also was a good business move and lets face it this is a business. As for 1 if not for 3 Sanchez is benched earlier. Lets face it, again if you just committed 30 mil to a QB and did not bring in real comp. How can you just bench him and expect not to be fired. You didn't have a BU plan for Sanchez failing this massively. Rex had to give him every chance because lets face it a lot of jobs and money where in Sanchez's hands. As always he just dropped the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do what ever the phuck you want, we need a 1.