Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: McElroy says everything he's learned is from Sanchez

  1. #1

    McElroy says everything he's learned is from Sanchez

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-from-sanchez/

    Jets fans are nearly unanimous in their belief that Mark Sanchez is a pathetic excuse for a quarterback whose benching was overdue. But the man Sanchez will replace as the Jetsí starter on Sunday, Greg McElroy, doesnít see it that way.

    McElroy says Sanchez has taught him a great deal about playing quarterback, and that heíll try to emulate Sanchez this week.

    ďEverything that Iíve learned at this position in this league has been from Mark,Ē McElroy said, in comments distributed by the Jetsí PR staff. ďHeís the guy that Iíve seen every day. Every day that Iíve been an NFL player, Iíve been looking up to him. Iíve been observing him and trying to follow after his lead. Iíve been watching him. I understand how to play this game because of him.Ē

    McElroy has said that last yearís Jets team had a bunch of selfish guys who didnít care if they won or lost, but this year McElroy says Sanchez and Tim Tebow have been model teammates.

    ďI canít say enough about Mark and Tim,Ē McElroy said. ďThose guys are unselfish and have been nothing but helpful. I talked to Mark [after Jets coach Rex Ryan made the quarterback switch] and he was very encouraging, very helpful, and Timís been the same way. I canít say enough about those guys.Ē

    Itís classy of McElroy to say that. Itís also probably not quite what Jets fans wanted to hear.



    Christ, Jenkins was right, they're still coddling Sanchez even when he's riding the pine.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,229
    Let's hope not.

  3. #3
    Leadership qualities. Greg, you couldn't have learned that from Mark.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Don't read too much into that. He's just trying to respectful and polite in a difficult situation.

  5. #5
    Okay Greg, you have to carry the ball a bit more loose when the pressure is on and look for the biggest olineman ass you can find.

    Oh, also the red zone? It's called that because that is where drives end, red light get it?

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Don't read too much into that. He's just trying to respectful and polite in a difficult situation.
    don't let the reality get in the way of a good 10 page thread filled with people whining about this

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Don't read too much into that. He's just trying to respectful and polite in a difficult situation.
    I'm not reading into his comments, I'm reading into they fact that the PR team distributed said comments, aka they don't want Mark to cry about his benching even more. PATHETHIC. This is a business, Jenkin's was/is right in his assessment that Mark has been coddled from the get-go.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Mac can learn a lot from Sanchez so I don't know why people would kill him for saying that.

    Sanchez' problem is that he makes repeated stupid decisions on the field. That's an inherent trait. It's not something Mac is going to "learn" from Sanchez. He might "learn from it" and stay away from stupid decisions.

    If Mac was "like" Sanchez but avoided the stupid decisions on the field, he can be successful.

  9. #9
    what mac said was nice, but really, who else is he going to learn from there? sparano and schotty stunk. cavanaugh stinks. rex isn't involved with the offense. there's nobody else to learn from there.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,134
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Mac can learn a lot from Sanchez so I don't know why people would kill him for saying that.Sanchez' problem is that he makes repeated stupid decisions on the field. That's an inherent trait. It's not something Mac is going to "learn" from Sanchez. He might "learn from it" and stay away from stupid decisions.

    If Mac was "like" Sanchez but avoided the stupid decisions on the field, he can be successful.
    +1 maybe he learned what not to do.. Didn't I read somewhere since HS GMac has lost just 2 games??

  11. #11
    If I was McElroy I may have gone in a couple of different directions to try and inspire the troops rather than where he just went.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,296
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    don't let the reality get in the way of a good 10 page thread filled with people whining about this
    Exactly are people are so hate filled out here with such small and pathetic lives that they would rather have their lie and myopic delusions rather than the truth which doesnít fit their preformed agendas!!!!

    Good Grief!!!!!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    [ McElroy said, in comments distributed by the Jetsí PR staff.
    This is all that you need to know. The Jets PR staqff is trying to revive Asschez's image, to lessen the blow when they announce Sanchez the sterter next year.

  14. #14
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    46
    Oh boy marks tainted him. Looks like we're gonna have to look for another qb

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,867
    I'm sure he has learned a lot from Mark.

    Basically just do the exact opposite of what Sanchez does.

  16. #16
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-from-sanchez/

    ďEverything that Iíve learned at this position in this league has been from Mark,Ē McElroy said, in comments distributed by the Jetsí PR staff. ďHeís the guy that Iíve seen every day. Every day that Iíve been an NFL player, Iíve been looking up to him. Iíve been observing him and trying to follow after his lead. Iíve been watching him. I understand how to play this game because of him.Ē
    Yeah, that's all I need to know about these comments.

  17. #17
    I know it's cool to keep kicking Mark, but he is definitely well schooled on the schematics of football and what to look for. Every coach and teammate has always said as much and praised his hard work. For some reason when the whistle blows and it's going in realtime in front of him he hesitates and can't seem to keep it together. It's like a guitarist who knows all the scales and melodies there are, but when the spotlight hits him he can't seem to make it sing. It happens, but Mark does have alot of good knowledge to share.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I know it's cool to keep kicking Mark, but he is definitely well schooled on the schematics of football and what to look for. Every coach and teammate has always said as much and praised his hard work. For some reason when the whistle blows and it's going in realtime in front of him he hesitates and can't seem to keep it together. It's like a guitarist who knows all the scales and melodies there are, but when the spotlight hits him he can't seem to make it sing. It happens, but Mark does have alot of good knowledge to share.
    This. Plus most of the best hitting coaches and QB coaches were average hitters themselves. You rarely see guys like Albert Pujols or John Elway coaching their position after they retire. Look at some of the best NFL coaches around the league and you rarely see former NFL greats.

    Just because Mark has imploded on the field does not mean he can't teach Greg how to be a good QB.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    If I was McElroy I may have gone in a couple of different directions to try and inspire the troops rather than where he just went.
    I think Mac will "inspure the troops" but not doing dumb stuff on the field like Sanchez.

    This is a veteran team. They're not going to be inspired by talk. He's not going to be like Chad Pennington dancing to an Eminem song before a start for the Fins after replacing Henne.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I know it's cool to keep kicking Mark, but he is definitely well schooled on the schematics of football and what to look for. Every coach and teammate has always said as much and praised his hard work. For some reason when the whistle blows and it's going in realtime in front of him he hesitates and can't seem to keep it together. It's like a guitarist who knows all the scales and melodies there are, but when the spotlight hits him he can't seem to make it sing. It happens, but Mark does have alot of good knowledge to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This. Plus most of the best hitting coaches and QB coaches were average hitters themselves. You rarely see guys like Albert Pujols or John Elway coaching their position after they retire. Look at some of the best NFL coaches around the league and you rarely see former NFL greats.

    Just because Mark has imploded on the field does not mean he can't teach Greg how to be a good QB.
    EXACTLY

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us