Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McElroy says everything he's learned is from Sanchez

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Working hard in the film room and practice field were never Sanchez' problems. His problems were mental, he was never a good decision maker and probably not even average at it. All we can hope is that McElroy is a better decision maker then Sanchez and that will be a big improvement.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Mac can learn a lot from Sanchez so I don't know why people would kill him for saying that.

Sanchez' problem is that he makes repeated stupid decisions on the field. That's an inherent trait. It's not something Mac is going to "learn" from Sanchez. He might "learn from it" and stay away from stupid decisions.

If Mac was "like" Sanchez but avoided the stupid decisions on the field, he can be successful.
    I always said that sanchez was a dummy.it turns out that I was right.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-from-sanchez/

Jets fans are nearly unanimous in their belief that Mark Sanchez is a pathetic excuse for a quarterback whose benching was overdue. But the man Sanchez will replace as the Jetsí starter on Sunday, Greg McElroy, doesnít see it that way.

McElroy says Sanchez has taught him a great deal about playing quarterback, and that heíll try to emulate Sanchez this week.

ďEverything that Iíve learned at this position in this league has been from Mark,Ē McElroy said, in comments distributed by the Jetsí PR staff. ďHeís the guy that Iíve seen every day. Every day that Iíve been an NFL player, Iíve been looking up to him. Iíve been observing him and trying to follow after his lead. Iíve been watching him. I understand how to play this game because of him.Ē

McElroy has said that last yearís Jets team had a bunch of selfish guys who didnít care if they won or lost, but this year McElroy says Sanchez and Tim Tebow have been model teammates.

ďI canít say enough about Mark and Tim,Ē McElroy said. ďThose guys are unselfish and have been nothing but helpful. I talked to Mark [after Jets coach Rex Ryan made the quarterback switch] and he was very encouraging, very helpful, and Timís been the same way. I canít say enough about those guys.Ē

Itís classy of McElroy to say that. Itís also probably not quite what Jets fans wanted to hear.

Christ, Jenkins was right, they're still coddling Sanchez even when he's riding the pine.
    Who cares? He's just being polite.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    I always said that sanchez was a dummy.it turns out that I was right.
    How many playoff games has your boy Josh Freeman won?? They both suck..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Okay Greg, you have to carry the ball a bit more loose when the pressure is on and look for the biggest olineman ass you can find.

Oh, also the red zone? It's called that because that is where drives end, red light get it?
    lol. And on the short passes aim for the lineman's hand or throw it five feet over the receiver's head. Now are you getting all of this?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Who cares? He's just being polite.
    If anyone is this thread read my comments after the jump, they'd see that I don't care about the content as much as I do about the Jets still trying to cradle Sanchez's ego and keep him from jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge.

It's more of a statement on our org than a statement on McElroy.

Schluberator & Gadfly ģ
    Post Thanks / Like
    AND....AND....WHEN WE PLAY THE RAVENS MAN..........DUCK AND COVER..........AND GET RID OF THAT @#$&! BALL, I MEAN JUST GET RID OF IT, CUZ THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT MAN...........THAT'S WHAT THEY ALL WANT...........

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a feel good story. Thanks for posting, and go give um hell McElroy!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone believe that the Jets PR staff went up to McElroy, told him to read from a script, recorded what he said, and then went and printed this sh-t?

I wouldn't be surprised....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully Mark hasn't taught him everything. I don't need to see any more butt fumbles.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Anyone believe that the Jets PR staff went up to McElroy, told him to read from a script, recorded what he said, and then went and printed this sh-t?

I wouldn't be surprised....

This is how it works:

PR staff decides they need to be proactive in keeping up up cumbaya appearances... They draft a statement to be attributed to McElroy supporting Mark. They bring it to him, ask if he's okay with it. Maybe he tweaks it, maybe he doesn't. Once approved, it is distributed.

Basic stuff. The fact that it was a written statement is all you need to know about this unsolicited opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    This is how it works:

PR staff decides they need to be proactive in keeping up up cumbaya appearances... They draft a statement to be attributed to McElroy supporting Mark. They bring it to him, ask if he's okay with it. Maybe he tweaks it, maybe he doesn't. Once approved, it is distributed.

Basic stuff. The fact that it was a written statement is all you need to know about this unsolicited opinion.
    Well that answers my question.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Don't read too much into that. He's just trying to respectful and polite in a difficult situation.
    EXACTLY. What he really wants to stay is it's about f*cking time I got my shot. Sanchez is horrid. Can't believe I had to wait this long."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's absolutely amazing how such ignorant people can comment so often about other peoples lack of intelligence. Sanchez is smarter than any one of you. His problem is a lack of confidence, and quite frankly, a lack of fire. He can't even get mad at being benched. The guy is just too passive to ever be a good NFL QB. I wish Sanchez had the unbridled sense of self worth that you people have against all the evidence. That usually comes only with the aforementioned ignorance I'm afraid. I hope McElroy has learned a lot from Mark, but still brings his mojo with him. I said from the beginning of the season that this was the last chance Mark had to show he had a command of the team. I don't care about stats, or even wins, but I have seen enough of the indecision. I had seen enough by the half way point. I only wish the Rex had pulled the trigger then. The entire team got a lift from McElroy when he was in, and we'd be in the playoffs if he was started earlier. That doesn't mean the Mark is not intelligent, and talented however. I'm sure Greg could learn a lot from him. I only wish he'd been handled differently, because he came into the league wish that fire, and he's lost it slowly but surely. I'm sure people like the posters here have contributed negatively in their own way. In fact they contribute every year to bringing down the quality of the Jets, and our perception around the league. You guys suck, and you are an embarrassment to us fans, to the players and the entire organization. Thanks for that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure what everyone is so upset about. I honestly can't think of a better QB to learn from when it comes to "what not to do in NFL".

If you allow yourself to, you can learn a lot from mistakes. If McElroy has learned lessons from even half of Sanchez's mistakes, then he's going to be freakin Joe Montana.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's absolutely amazing how such ignorant people can comment so often about other peoples lack of intelligence. Sanchez is smarter than any one of you. His problem is a lack of confidence, and quite frankly, a lack of fire. He can't even get mad at being benched. The guy is just too passive to ever be a good NFL QB. I wish Sanchez had the unbridled sense of self worth that you people have against all the evidence. That usually comes only with the aforementioned ignorance I'm afraid. I hope McElroy has learned a lot from Mark, but still brings his mojo with him. I said from the beginning of the season that this was the last chance Mark had to show he had a command of the team. I don't care about stats, or even wins, but I have seen enough of the indecision. I had seen enough by the half way point. I only wish the Rex had pulled the trigger then. The entire team got a lift from McElroy when he was in, and we'd be in the playoffs if he was started earlier. That doesn't mean the Mark is not intelligent, and talented however. I'm sure Greg could learn a lot from him. I only wish he'd been handled differently, because he came into the league wish that fire, and he's lost it slowly but surely. I'm sure people like the posters here have contributed negatively in their own way. In fact they contribute every year to bringing down the quality of the Jets, and our perception around the league. You guys suck, and you are an embarrassment to us fans, to the players and the entire organization. Thanks for that.
    You are absolutely right. Sanchez sucks because of us fans.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    This. When you listen to McElroy on the speak you can tell that he has confidence in himself. I suggest anyone who has not seen the McElroy on JetsTalk ( http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...c-8ce745df6c36 ) listen to it. I don't think sack can knock his confidence out of him. This kid does have fight in him which will be nice to see for a change.