Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Imagine if this analysis turns out to be true?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine if this analysis turns out to be true?

http://www.mockdraftclub.com/player-...celroy-profile

Really fun article to read. Nice video as well.

Imagine if this guy's views on McElroy turn out to be correct?

Since I'm a dreamer, I'm ready to believe starting Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wonder why 31 other teams had no great interest.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He's a disgrace to the Jets uniform. Pay attention.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So his ceiling is one of the best to ever play? Isn't that everyone's fantasy ceiling coming out of college?

I mean, so it's somewhere between second string and one of the greatest...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm excited to see what the kid can do.

At the very least, you know he's accurate, takes care of the football, and won't curl up into a ball like a scared puss as soon as a defender comes within arms reach.

Is he our future? Probably not.

But there's a chance. And that's more than we can say about Sanchez or Tebow.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    True. Or how come the Jets had him inactive late in this season when they may have needed him.

However, I always wondered why he wasn't released after saying terrible things to the media about his teamates and his organization when getting rid of malcontents was priority one at the time. Coming off an injury no less.

Like I said, I see good things in him and since I've got nothing to lose by dreaming, I'm all in on the dream.

There have been plenty of un-drafted or nearly un-drafted QB's that turned out to be great or near great.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't really ask that. Teams pass on players all the time, even the team that took them considering it was the later rounds.

Lets just pray and hope.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    While the article is nice and shows off his strengths, it completely disregards Macs ability to throw a 10-15 yard out pattern. That is fundamental information which is purposefully disregarded because unfortunately for us, I don't think McElroy has it.

Any Jets fan during the Pennington era can tell you how important that is.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    While the article is nice and shows off his strengths, it completely disregards Macs ability to throw a 10-15 yard out pattern. That is fundamental information which is purposefully disregarded because unfortunately for us, I don't think McElroy has it.

Any Jets fan during the Pennington era can tell you how important that is.
    I'd piss up a rope if he turned into a durable version of Chad.

I'm so turnover shell-shocked that anyone that doesn't turn the ball over every other possession will look like Unitas to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Can't really ask that. Teams pass on players all the time, even the team that took them considering it was the later rounds.

Lets just pray and hope.
    Of course you can ask that, 207 players were thought to have been better out of 254. I'd say other variables like need etc. come into play, however, this the QB position we are talking about in this draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    True. Or how come the Jets had him inactive late in this season when they may have needed him.

However, I always wondered why he wasn't released after saying terrible things to the media about his teamates and his organization when getting rid of malcontents was priority one at the time. Coming off an injury no less.

Like I said, I see good things in him and since I've got nothing to lose by dreaming, I'm all in on the dream.

There have been plenty of un-drafted or nearly un-drafted QB's that turned out to be great or near great.
    Plenty? I'm curious I don't know the answer how many won the SB?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plenty? I'm curious I don't know the answer how many won the SB?
    Wasn't looking to start a fight.

I was thinking of QB's like Brady (late draft), Warren Moon, Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Tony Romo, and Dave Krieg (besides Brady, all undrafted I think).

Warner went to three SB's and Delhomme played lights out in the SB (before he became terrible shortly after).

I don't know how many 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round QB's turned out to be great. Probably alot.

I just want THIS ONE to be our very own diamond in the rough moment.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd piss up a rope if he turned into a durable version of Chad.

I'm so turnover shell-shocked that anyone that doesn't turn the ball over every other possession will look like Unitas to me.
    I'd be pissed off if I were signing up for years of Chad Pennington style QB.

Every NFL defense knows how to limit weak-armed QBs. Some can't because they don't have the personnel...but you better believe that it won't fly in the playoffs.

The last QB to win a superbowl without having at lease a Drew Brees type arm (strong enough to make all the throws, but isn't going to hurt anyones hands) was Trent Dilfer...and he had the ravens D behind him. Before that? I'm thinking Joe Montana...but oh yea, he was playing in a revolutionary offense way ahead of its time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    GMac has a strong enough arm. I'd prefer his arm and extremely strong head to extremely strong armed very weak brain QBs such as Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Browning Nagle or Ryan Mallett

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy will be the starting Jet QB next season. It starts Sunday. It continues for the next 12 years. He can't be any worse than Sanchez. Sanchez has been the worst in the league the past 4 years and he's still won 4 playoff games with this team. Give the kid the team and step back and watch.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.mockdraftclub.com/player-...celroy-profile

Really fun article to read. Nice video as well.

Imagine if this guy's views on McElroy turn out to be correct?

Since I'm a dreamer, I'm ready to believe starting Sunday.
    He doesn't have a canon, but watching that video, I wouldn't call it a water pistol either. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do this Sunday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because he had a terrible/noodle arm coming out of college. The guy has everything else -- decent size, very accurate, very smart, and moves extremely well and has nice athleticism. Yet, his arm was so bad that he lasted to the 7th round.

The good news is that he improved his arm strength when he was on IR last year. If he can keep doing that, he may turn out to be a player.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    He doesn't have a canon, but watching that video, I wouldn't call it a water pistol either. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do this Sunday.
    It was a water pistol. How do you think he lasted to the 7th round?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

It's way too difficult to make any real assessment why this organization does anything at this point. Why was he inactive? If I had to guess, it was so Rex would have an excuse for not benching Sanchez after he threw three picks.

Its the only explanation I could come up with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking that theres no way Mcelroy can be any good because if he was, our coaches would have put him in weeks ago.

Then i remember our coach is rex ryan who is a clueless buffoon.

Gmac has 2 games to show us what he has. I believe he will do very well.