Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Imagine if this analysis turns out to be true?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm excited to see what the kid can do.

At the very least, you know he's accurate, takes care of the football, and won't curl up into a ball like a scared puss as soon as a defender comes within arms reach.

Is he our future? Probably not.

But there's a chance. And that's more than we can say about Sanchez or Tebow.
    HAHA... Just remined me about the flinch when he lined up as a receiver. It was then I realized he wasn't a football player......

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    Wasn't looking to start a fight.

I was thinking of QB's like Brady (late draft), Warren Moon, Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Tony Romo, and Dave Krieg (besides Brady, all undrafted I think).

Warner went to three SB's and Delhomme played lights out in the SB (before he became terrible shortly after).

I don't know how many 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round QB's turned out to be great. Probably alot.

I just want THIS ONE to be our very own diamond in the rough moment.
    Who is starting a fight, I said won. Your talking about 1 in a million.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Because he had a terrible/noodle arm coming out of college. The guy has everything else -- decent size, very accurate, very smart, and moves extremely well and has nice athleticism. Yet, his arm was so bad that he lasted to the 7th round.

The good news is that he improved his arm strength when he was on IR last year. If he can keep doing that, he may turn out to be a player.
    Only his arm that's it?

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Only his arm that's it?
    That's it. I watched him a ton at Alabama. Also watched a lot of Tebow at UF. (I lived in SEC country). The only knock on McElroy was that he didn't have an NFL arm. What I like about him is that he's extremely smart and is pretty athletic. He's not a stiff back there like Pennington.

He's already strengthened his arm since he's been in the league. The question is, how much more can he strengthen his arm?

It's funny watching people talking McElroy up, because Sanchez stinks everyone thinks he is the savior. This place is a joke.

If Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson can play QB in this league and win superbowls, GMAC has a chance to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    http://www.mockdraftclub.com/player-...celroy-profile

Really fun article to read. Nice video as well.

Imagine if this guy's views on McElroy turn out to be correct?

Since I'm a dreamer, I'm ready to believe starting Sunday.
    Best case scenario is he looks like the Mark Sanchez of three or 4 years ago. While a turn over waiting to happen can make the big throw in the tough spot and looks decisive on the field.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    It's funny watching people talking McElroy up, because Sanchez stinks everyone thinks he is the savior. This place is a joke.
    Way to have a positive attitude. SOJF

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Best case scenario is he looks like the Mark Sanchez of three or 4 years ago. While a turn over waiting to happen can make the big throw in the tough spot and looks decisive on the field.
    The guy had a remarkably low amount of turnovers in college, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I was thinking that theres no way Mcelroy can be any good because if he was, our coaches would have put him in weeks ago.

Then i remember our coach is rex ryan who is a clueless buffoon.

Gmac has 2 games to show us what he has. I believe he will do very well.
    +1 I Lol!
    Macs gonna be a star by mistake
    The Sanchez mistake, Jets finally luck out

Veteran
    It's been said to me many times that I'm the most delusional Jet fan ever...
    Thanks for proving them wrong.

Veteran
    Id take smarts and accuracy any day of the week over arm strength. Looking forward to see what GMac can do

Jets Insider VIP
    GO GREG

GO JETS!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    GMac has a strong enough arm. I'd prefer his arm and extremely strong head to extremely strong armed very weak brain QBs such as Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Browning Nagle or Ryan Mallett

As a Pats fan I'd be interested in why you think that Ryan Mallett is a weak brained QB. The Pats have enough confidence in him to keep him around, even with their complicated offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Read the scouting reports before the draft

compared mostly with Jeff George and Jamarcus Russell in the million dollar arm ten cent brain category.

But don't worry...the Pats could never be wrong about a player or anything...

Banned
    Not saying it's going to happen or even likely to happen, but wouldn't it be funny if amidst this complete disaster of a season, we discovered a franchise QB? That this horrible year needed to happen so we could unearth a hidden gem on our roster?

Pie in the sky of course, but one can dream......

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    It's way too difficult to make any real assessment why this organization does anything at this point. Why was he inactive? If I had to guess, it was so Rex would have an excuse for not benching Sanchez after he threw three picks.

Its the only explanation I could come up with.
    Once guys get labeled with things like "doesnt have a pro arm" its difficult to shake it, however when picking in the 5-7th round mcelroy is exactly the type of player teams should target. Lower risk, smart, hard working, etc

I also think his comments last offseason say a LOT in the sense that if there was ever a WINNER to come out of college he is it, so regardless of his age, he probably knows what it takes to be a winning TEAM.

As far as him being inactive, look at the situation.

1. Sanchez given the contract and 1000% organizational suport as the starter to quell any tebow controversy issues.

2. Most talked about backup qb ever

3. Mcelroy was coming off an injury

4. Very limited practice time these days, so he had no opportunity even if the organization was open to it.

We lost 14-10 to a tennessee team that committed 12 penalties. We turned the ball over 5 times, all 5 of which were sanchezs fault. The odds that mcelroy would have had only 2 TOs and we would have won are pretty high, so if he gets us 2 more wins this season, Rex should take every single ounce of blame for us not making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    McElroy will be the starting Jet QB next season. It starts Sunday. It continues for the next 12 years.
    Whoa! Are you saying we extend his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    He can't be any worse than Sanchez. Sanchez has been the worst in the league the past 4 years and he's still won 4 playoff games with this team. Give the kid the team and step back and watch.
    This is true. We should have taken the chance with this while the season meant something though, instead of locking in week after disastrous week of Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Not saying it's going to happen or even likely to happen, but wouldn't it be funny if amidst this complete disaster of a season, we discovered a franchise QB? That this horrible year needed to happen so we could unearth a hidden gem on our roster?

Pie in the sky of course, but one can dream......
    Its always darkest before dawn!