Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tajh Boyd will be the best NFL QB from the 2013 draft....

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No way

I want nothing to do with any of these "athlete" QB's who are great physical specimens but have sh*t for brains and can't throw a football.

Wilson or Nassib in Round 2
    Who said Boyd has **** for brains? His completion percentage has improved every year which is usually a sign of a player getting "smarter" as he's getting more efficient. I'd be ok with bringing in Boyd.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Jet fan View Post
    None of this matters if Matt Cavanaugh is still the QB coach.
    Incomprehensible why this man is still employed. Has anyone ever even seen him on the sidelines, or anywhere?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    Its not sanchez's height thats a problem, if you really watch, its his delivery. He makes himself extremely small/short when he throws the football. Doesnt stand tall/erect/upward like the brees', mannings' bradys' when he throws the ball. Ive pointed this out to the sanchez supporters ever since i saw him first throw a football in college. I knew this was going to be a huge problem at the nfl level and as we all have seen it was. Remember Im the guy that called sanchez a fraud and a phony the day we drafted him. Im the guy that said he was pulling the wool over everybodys eyes and that he would be out of the league in 5 years
    I think this has as much to do with his conformation/body type as height per se. He has a very long torso relative to his height which makes him have short legs in proportion to the rest of his body. He may have the legs of someone that is 5'10" or so making things more difficult for him. I think this accounts as much or more for his weird throwing motion and some problems. It's weird the way his upper body/back arches into a curve and looks inefficient throwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Incomprehensible why this man is still employed. Has anyone ever even seen him on the sidelines, or anywhere?
    He's now up in the box with Pettine and some of the other coaches. I think Sparano made that suggestion.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Yeah, Brees and now Russell Wilson really suck
    Thank you!

On Glennon, i stead of blaming his brother, just look at his completion percentage and it states he is not a ver accurate QB. Accuracy is not something that will improve in the NFL. Pass.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    how many passes has sanchez had hit or tipped or into the offensive linemans backs? it is an issue.
    A ton more than the barely 6 ft Brees.

And the shorter Favre ever did.

Or Stafford, etc, eyc

Height isn't the issue, not throwing in passing lanes is the issue.

His height is a stupid issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    how many passes has sanchez had hit or tipped or into the offensive linemans backs? it is an issue.
    Sanchez "forgets" to find passing lanes in which to throw. It is one of the many, many reasons why he is such a bad QB.

With the surprise success of Russel Wilson it was only a matter of time before people start proclaiming that they have discovered the next mid round QB to be the best QB in the draft.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    He did mention Mark is still getting better, let's give him a chance to do his job.
    I'm lost here, tell me this is sarcasm Mike.

so what do you think of Tajh Boyd now after last night against that LSU defense? 36-50 for 346 yards and 2 TDs and 0 ints. And I counted at least 4 drops last night by his recievers. Looked better than Geno Smith and Mike Glennon combined and against a tougher D than either of those 2 guys played. LSU was in the back field all night but Boyd managed to escape and make plays either with his feet or with his arm. His accuracy is great, his passes are always right on his receivers. And I told you the guy was a winner. Down 2 scores with under 7 minutes left and leading Clemson on 2 drives to win the game against a very tough defense. Guys a stud

Did someone say intangibles!?

My $.02: I'm a big fan of Tyler Wilson. Strong arm, can take a hit and shows good leadership characteristics. I think he will be the steal of the draft, but that's me. Boyd would be fun to watch if Chip Kelly makes the jump to the NFL. I'd have to think that would be who he targets to lead his team.

I'm all for the Jets scooping up Boyd at #9. That was the best college qb performance I've seen all season. Meanwhile the Jets' projected pick Barkevious was out hurt. A sign maybe?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    so what do you think of Tajh Boyd now after last night against that LSU defense? 36-50 for 346 yards and 2 TDs and 0 ints. And I counted at least 4 drops last night by his recievers. Looked better than Geno Smith and Mike Glennon combined and against a tougher D than either of those 2 guys played. LSU was in the back field all night but Boyd managed to escape and make plays either with his feet or with his arm. His accuracy is great, his passes are always right on his receivers. And I told you the guy was a winner. Down 2 scores with under 7 minutes left and leading Clemson on 2 drives to win the game against a very tough defense. Guys a stud
    I have thought that Tajh would come back for another year all along, but after that performance last night I think he is seriously thinking of leaving now. He put in his papers for evaluation and we should see soon what his decision will be.

That performance by him last night was tremendous. Hopkins was an absolute monster last night, especially since Watkins was hurt on their first drive. Ellington showed that he is fast, but his lack of size is going to hurt him at the next level. I know they list Ellington at 185, but I have met the kid and talked to him and can tell you he is not 185.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 01-01-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I'm all for the Jets scooping up Boyd at #9. That was the best college qb performance I've seen all season. Meanwhile the Jets' projected pick Barkevious was out hurt. A sign maybe?
    I LOATHE Mingo. There is more hype for this guy, with only 4.5 sacks this season, for anyone with mediocre production in a long, long time.

I watch the game last night this guy is a winner. LSU has one of the best defenses in the country they took out Clemson`s best weapon and this guy didn't crawl into a ball he rally his team as a leader then took the game on his shoulders and shredded LSU for 346 yards . This Guy dismantled one of the best defenses in the country this is the type of QB the Jets have Lacked for the past 40 years if he comes out he can be taken in the round 2 or 3 if he fails as a qb he can be converted to a Brad Smith role. So either way the Jets will get a weapon. I really think this guy will be good LSU has a NFL level defense that would punish Sanchez. LSU right now is totally in shock what Boyd did to their defense last night.
    Last edited by nyjets1969; 01-01-2013 at 11:28 AM.

All League
    Boyd was tremendous last night. Very impressed with his accuracy and clutch throws. Had total command of the offense last night, confident with his reads while under constant pressure. I haven't seen him a ton, but more than a few times, and I don't think "brains" is an issue for him. He does rush sometimes, but I think he processes reads well.

I don't know if he will come out, and if he does, I'm not sure he will be worth a top 10 pick, but I wouldn't be against him being the future QB.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I LOATHE Mingo. There is more hype for this guy, with only 4.5 sacks this season, for anyone with mediocre production in a long, long time.
    From our own, Tony Pauline...

Barkevious Mingo/DE-OLB/LSU: The Tigers star prospect entered his junior season with high expectations, but failed to produce on the field. Mingo previously displayed himself to be a forceful defender who altered the momentum of games with big plays. In 2012 he disappeared for stretches at a time which has scouts concerned. He's gone from a top-five selection to a mid-first-round choice, but the talent is available for Mingo to be a big-time NFL player. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...ame-preview-3/

No way

I want nothing to do with any of these "athlete" QB's who are great physical specimens but have sh*t for brains and can't throw a football.

And, of course, YOU know how intelligent or not Boyd is?

He actually is a pretty bright person.
    He is the all time passing leader at Clemson.
    They'd be undefeated if they had a so so defense.
    Cam Newton and RG3 say hi. Wilson also. All seem to be able to throw.

More than Sanchez can do.

Newton is a round 2 pick only because he's 6-1. 225 lbs though.
    Last edited by palmetto defender; 01-01-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Meant Boyd, not Newton.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    From our own, Tony Pauline...

Barkevious Mingo/DE-OLB/LSU: The Tigers star prospect entered his junior season with high expectations, but failed to produce on the field. Mingo previously displayed himself to be a forceful defender who altered the momentum of games with big plays. In 2012 he disappeared for stretches at a time which has scouts concerned. He's gone from a top-five selection to a mid-first-round choice, but the talent is available for Mingo to be a big-time NFL player. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...ame-preview-3/
    Sounds like Coples evaluation from last year.

No way

And, of course, YOU know how intelligent or not Boyd is?

He actually is a pretty bright person.
    He is the all time passing leader at Clemson.
    They'd be undefeated if they had a so so defense.
    Cam Newton and RG3 say hi. Wilson also. All seem to be able to throw.

More than Sanchez can do.

Boyd is a round 2 pick only because he's 6-1. 225 lbs though.