Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tajh Boyd will be the best NFL QB from the 2013 draft....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    And, of course, YOU know how intelligent or not Boyd is?

He actually is a pretty bright person.
    He is the all time passing leader at Clemson.
    They'd be undefeated if they had a so so defense.
    Cam Newton and RG3 say hi. Wilson also. All seem to be able to throw.

More than Sanchez can do.

Newton is a round 2 pick only because he's 6-1. 225 lbs though.
    You are right, Tajh is smart kid, picked up Chad Morris' offense very quick. Correct about the defense as well, I am shocked at how well they played in that 4th quarter last night. If they had that effort all year it could have been a special season.

Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    so what do you think of Tajh Boyd now after last night against that LSU defense? 36-50 for 346 yards and 2 TDs and 0 ints. And I counted at least 4 drops last night by his recievers. Looked better than Geno Smith and Mike Glennon combined and against a tougher D than either of those 2 guys played. LSU was in the back field all night but Boyd managed to escape and make plays either with his feet or with his arm. His accuracy is great, his passes are always right on his receivers. And I told you the guy was a winner. Down 2 scores with under 7 minutes left and leading Clemson on 2 drives to win the game against a very tough defense. Guys a stud

And one of his stud wide receivers (Watkins) was injured early in the game or he would have been even better.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    And one of his stud wide receivers (Watkins) was injured early in the game or he would have been even better.
    How good was Hopkins last night?? Kid played his ass off against double coverage most of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How good was Hopkins last night?? Kid played his ass off against double coverage most of the night.
    Tony again...same article...

1st Round DeAndre Hopkins/WR/Clemson: Hopkins stepped up his game in 2012 and as a result has risen up draft boards. The junior proved to be reliable and also showed a nose for the end zone. His game is polished and Hopkins offers the tools to be a second wideout at the next level.

That is the player I want off of Clemson. He plays like a pro in the college game. As for QB's. I wouldn't pick one before round 3 this year.

Undrafted Free Agent
    The thing I liked most about Boyd was his calmness.
    Never looked nervous even though the pressure was high. I think he will be a great addition to an NFL team.

Does anybody know anything about that Vanderbilt QB Jordan Rodgers?
    Looks like he isnt projected to be as good as his brother. What do you guys think?

Jets Insider VIP
    Well, Boyd has that same problem. He drops his arm level and tends to get under the ball causing him to miss high.
    Boyd is 6'1" and is a Junior like Mark was. Let's not repeat history.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    The thing I liked most about Boyd was his calmness.
    Never looked nervous even though the pressure was high. I think he will be a great addition to an NFL team.

Does anybody know anything about that Vanderbilt QB Jordan Rodgers?
    Looks like he isnt projected to be as good as his brother. What do you guys think?
    Not updated for 2012..But what they have so far......

As with any sibling of an NFL star, Jordan will be unfairly compared to his older brother. Frankly, Jordan is shorter and possesses significantly less sizzle on his fastball than the Packers' star, and is a borderline draftable prospect entering 2012.

Some scouts feel he is only earning any attention due to the success of his brother. There are elements to his game, however, that deserve closer inspection.

Like his older brother, Jordan has quick feet and is a threat to scramble when the defense isn't paying attention. He finished second on the team a year ago with 420 rushing yards and scored four touchdowns. He also possesses very good touch and the courage to step up in the pocket and deliver passes with the defense bearing down on him. Rodgers was far from a superstar last season.

He only completed 50% of his passes and threw more interceptions (10) than touchdowns (nine) in 2011, but almost engineered upsets against Arkansas and on the road versus Florida. While these numbers fall far short of his brother's statistics in his first action at Cal (61.6% completion rate, 19 TDs-five INTs), there is enough here to keep a close eye on Rodgers' development this season as a possible late-blossoming prospect for the 2013 draft.

--Rob Rang

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...jordan-rodgers

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2013/QB

Undrafted Free Agent
    So it sounds like Jordan Rodgers may get drafted as a project based on his bloodlines.

Maybe good value in the 6th round or later to a team that has an established QB.

I like Boyd a lot.

I watch a lot of ACC ball and he's always impressed me

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Boyd is 6'1" and is a Junior like Mark was. Let's not repeat history.
    Sanchez had only 16 games, Sanchez never faced a defence like LSU. Mark was surrounded by a fully stocked team which played in the weak PAC10. If you watch the game last night there is no way Mark would be capable of winning it. This guy will not have to be a top 5 pick either he can be had in the mid rounds. Low risk high reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    yeah because that has been our biggest issue
    don't you know, the biggest issue is Sanchez's footwork.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    Sanchez had only 16 games, Sanchez never faced a defence like LSU. Mark was surrounded by a fully stocked team which played in the weak PAC10. If you watch the game last night there is no way Mark would be capable of winning it. This guy will not have to be a top 5 pick either he can be had in the mid rounds. Low risk high reward.
    2012 Clemson offensive talent >>>>>>> 2008 USC offensive talent

And it's not close.

I love the revisionist history that's been going on around here: Damian Williams, Ronald Johnson, Patrick Turner, CJ Gable, and Joe McKnight were all such highly regarded prospects . Clemson has 2 first round receivers.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    From our own, Tony Pauline...

Barkevious Mingo/DE-OLB/LSU: The Tigers star prospect entered his junior season with high expectations, but failed to produce on the field. Mingo previously displayed himself to be a forceful defender who altered the momentum of games with big plays. In 2012 he disappeared for stretches at a time which has scouts concerned. He's gone from a top-five selection to a mid-first-round choice, but the talent is available for Mingo to be a big-time NFL player. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...ame-preview-3/
    Isn't this exactly what was said of Coples? Not saying we should take him, but I find the report interesting. It's too bad he was injured in the bowl game. I would have liked to see him in a big game.

Coples had alot more production than Mingo his last year. With that kind of speed and athletic ability, you want it to show in production. Can't get off blocks

I think after the combine that Geno Smith will be the clear cut number one overall QB in the draft. WV oline and coaching staff wiped out any clear evaluation of Smith this past season.

Jets should just wait a year for drafting a qb. There are no real options in this draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    disagree. Comes from bad stock. If you remember his older brother Sean Glennon was all world coming out of high school in the Virginia area (state champ, high school all american, etc...). Very successful and won all sorts of awards. Like Mike Glennon, Sean was a physical freak at 6'5 230. At Virginia Tech he set the quarterback record for bench pressing previously held by Bryan Randell. Mediocre career at Va Tech, Minnesota Vikings gave him a shot and he never worked out, now hes out of the league. Just cant trust the Glennon gene pool with what ive seen from the older.
    Is this a serious post?

This guy would've passed up on Aaron Rodgers because of his brother Luke.

Sounds like Coples evaluation from last year.
    Except Coples had a couple of years of excellent production. Mingo's best year was eight sacks. Eight.

This guy is the real deal and we should definitely draft him.